It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bentwaters UFO on Unsolved Mysteries

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Yet you praised it on Page 1. Alternatively, would it not strike you as odd if MM had deliberately decided to avoid an 'Unsolved Mysteries' episode during a series of threads ABOUT... 'Unsolved Mysteries'?

And what about it? I said was a nice new thread. Did not stop me from wondering though.

I look forward to the next thread MM brings to the table too.

Cheers now CB.

edit on 21-2-2023 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

It's so true about this case being littered with a kaleidoscope of tales. Not unique in ufo flaps of course.

Human bad nature, for some reason, has latched on to UFOlogy something fierce.
It is a phenomenon in itself.

Human bad nature has always been with us and always will. Ufology should be a simple study of unidentified flying objects. But it attracts all sorts of charlatans, snake oil salesmen, spooks and kooks to it as well. All wanting to manipulate others into believing in a truth that may not exist. Anyone can claim to be a ufologist. There are no qualifications required. It's no wonder serious science generally shuns the topic.

I wonder if it is a coincidence that the two most well-known ufo flaps, one, the Roswell of the UK, have been on or near US military air force basis, having a connection with nukes. One happened in the 80s, and the other was resurrected on or near the 80s...
Coincidence?

There may well be something to it. But I don't think it's because aliens come flying by to intervene and turn them off. There have been over 2,000 nuclear test detonations and a handful of cases where nuclear warheads have been lost and never recovered.

I believe there’s no way these incidents, particularly Rendlesham, were not interfered with by the Air force intel.

There are all sorts of rumours and stories of people on the base and in the forest who were not known to the regular rank and file. One was of something recovered in the woods and taken away on a transport aircraft. Another that a female officer got scared out in the forest and lost a loaded firearm. A few others too. Was Halt's excursion a crafted distraction for some intel operation that was going on?

Penniston claimed he was interrogated, drugged and given a false statement. Another low-key 'witness' , a female truck driver, claimed she was hypnotized. There are even stories that a certain Doctor [who helped Burroughs years later to win his case against the VA] was present on the base around the time of the incident, checking on the men who'd been out in the forest.

Verifying any of it is the problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

a certain Doctor [who helped Burroughs years later to win his case against the VA] was present on the base around the time of the incident, checking on the men who'd been out in the forest.

Kit Green. Therefore a lot of questions come to mind .

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I highly recommend the Podcast Strange Arrivals which chronicles this incident and many famous UFO incidents from both the skeptics viewpoint and the experiencers viewpoint.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

MM, perhaps we'll never know 100 percent about this phenomenon, one way or the other.
I think folks might have to settle for that reality.

Some believe and are satisfied with that; some don't believe, and some are in between.

We grope, argue, and discuss seeking certainty though such certainty may be elusive now.

Why? Because so much is based on human testimony and, as we agree, "bad human nature" is so rampant.

But the fact is some aren't lying, and therein is the rub. For every liar, there is a truth-teller in ufology, as in life.

For every event, there is misperception and for the same event right perception, and that is what keeps us here.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   
And let's never forget this: there are debunkers, Phillip Class being the number one culprit who, on the other side of the ufo picture, are just as deceptive and a danger to ufological truth as the ufo grifters.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

MM, perhaps we'll never know 100 percent about this phenomenon, one way or the other.

Agreed, but I prefer to use the term "phenomena" as I think we are dealing with more than one explanation.

Some believe and are satisfied with that; some don't believe, and some are in between.

Believe in what, though? (see above
).

I prefer a case by case evaluation and solving the individual mysteries. Because when people start talking at a superficial level, everything gets lost in the noise.

That said, the more interesting cases often get drowned in noise. And the Bentwaters/Rendlesham Forest case is a prime example of noise pollution.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

We've had it all years ago when Larry Warren [who might have been there on the periphery] made up a story about a photograph captured of the UFO on the ground. It even featured in Georgina Bruni’s book (You Can’t Tell the People) but mysteriously not his own now out of print book called Left at East Gate.

It was a hoax. Larry told Georgina that a connected friend took the pics originally. Then he changed that to say he took them out in the forest.

Then someone found out he had made his own 'painting' (see below). It looks as if he took a photo of a PC showing a digital depiction of this painting on screen ..... If you look closely you can see his reflection at the bottom of it!!

But I'm not wasting time on that either.

Hi mirageman, it looks to me after having compared that photo and painting of that object very carefully and even taken some measurements of the distances between the two vertical lights in that object and that light quite some bit below it that they are definitely not the same. Also, when you take a good look to both of them there are more differences. In other words do I absolutely not believe that the B/W photo is some kind of product/copy of that painting. So I would ask you to take again a very good look at it and let me know your findings or even prove me wrong.

Then you also said

We've had it all years ago when Larry Warren [who might have been there on the periphery]

Well my friend, because of reading Gary's book now and as I assume the film will also show this very clear for sure are you up to a very big surprise indeed.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: spacevisitor

Are you saying Mirageman must purchase the book Spacevisitor to find out? I expect anything serious would be making headline news re all this, and new important information freely available or least it should be? Yet it is still very quiet out there. Perhaps calm before the storm so to speak. I wonder when there will be a Kindle version. Not everyone out there can afford all the books the case churns out, plus the never ending array of other UFO books on offer.

edit on 7-3-2023 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Bentwaters/Rendlesham is a bent sham and a flop of a ufo flap.

All the characters( who lied) should be made to repeat that 10000 times standing on one leg in the Rendlesham forest at night...

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It's not just this one photo though is it? Much of his evideence is doubtful and possibly even fraudulent. So much so that Peter Robbins, his co-author, eventually conceded and parted ways with Larry. Peter is far from an innocent victim in all of this too.

Larry has lied on a number of occasions, not just about this case. Or do you believe he really met John Lennon just before the incident occured? When a photograph of his future self (Larry was 19 but looks about 35 in this photo) appears to have been shopped onto poor copy of an August 1980 photo taken of Lennon as he left the HIt Factory in New York in August of 1980.

He also claimed he was a roadie for the Beach Boys (he would have been a schoolkid) and discovered the band Metallica. Another claim was he was once May Pang's boyfriend (something she has vehemently denied). The man is a habitual liar.

So he has a lot of previous. I do believe he was on the periphery somewhere, I think he ran with Adrian Bustinza's story and other hearsay from the base. Then dined out on it for the rest of his life. Along with trying to build provenance to sell rock memorabilia by trying to associate himself with people like Lennon and Stevie Ray Vaughn by lying.

A lot of this is well documented in the older Rendlesham threads.He's not the only one prone to ridiculous fabrications. But If you still want to believe Larry's stories, then that's your prerogative.

I don't think I will be surprised at all.

edit on 7/3/2023 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Making my point about the garbage in this case.

I wonder if it is deliberate( IC shenanigans) or just some grifters and liars latching on to something famous. That is what it likely is, just like Roswell.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz

Making my point about the garbage in this case.

I wonder if it is deliberate( IC shenanigans) or just some grifters and liars latching on to something famous. That is what it likely is, just like Roswell.

I think it's a combination of both. Especially in this case.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Funny…..unless my glasses stopped working…..I don’t see any mention of Larry here….

Metallica

Hmmmmm

👽

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   
But he did say it

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

But he did say it

I’m not saying he didn’t say it……..I’m saying he’s a B$ Artist 😉 since he’s not even mentioned in the Metallica wiki info….

👽
edit on 7-3-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   

But he did say it

Yup, and 'Saying Things' is the curse of the RFI since 1983.

Today I looked back at the first thread you created for the RFI, way back in 2013(!), and even after just a few pages I could feel the unpleasant magnetism of the case beginning to pull me in again - mainly due to endless witnesses Saying Things that ultimately have no connection - or just a threadbare relation - to the original USAF documentation.

The case is seductive. Reading/listening to folks like, for example, Nevels can cast a spell over the unwary, but the CRAZY rabbit hole that can open up is easy to fall into, even if the overall reliable evidence ultimately leads to nothing more spectacular than the three small patches of woodland that were made by rabbits and examined by British Bobbies.

It is often forgotten that the Cops couldn't even be bothered to act when Bentwaters made a THIRD call to them.

I'm 'clean' now of the RFI, but investigating the whole saga was quite a ride and totally maddening.

At the end of the day - as the late Bill Hicks would say - it is "just a ride".

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

Are you saying Mirageman must purchase the book Spacevisitor to find out?

O no Baablacksheep thats entirely up to mirageman himself of course.

I expect anything serious would be making headline news re all this, and new important information freely available or least it should be? Yet it is still very quiet out there. Perhaps calm before the storm so to speak.

Lets wait and see what happens, or not.

I wonder when there will be a Kindle version.

I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I was thinking I don't want to read another 500 comments hosted by Nick Pope re Heseltine and Larry about it all that's for sure! It's reached tiresome level.

In passing I did see Philip Mantle has pulled up one of such threads and calling out Nick Pope now for his so called fraud in ufology and how ironic it is Nick calling Heseltine a scammer when Nick is supposedly one too!!. Ufology truly eats its own Spacevisitor.

edit on 8-3-2023 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   

A lot of this is well documented in the older Rendlesham threads.He's not the only one prone to ridiculous fabrications. But If you still want to believe Larry's stories, then that's your prerogative. I don't think I will be surprised at all.

Well, this photo which I have seen before of course is obviously of such a very bad quality that it is for me impossible to draw any conclusions on it. But my focus has always been on Larry’s CG experience and not really on all the drama that was created around it in order to try to prove that he is nothing more then a liar and a fraud and that he never could have been of absolutely didn’t was a direct witness together with Adrian Bustinza of that UFO landing at Capel Green. I always believed his CG story and if you don't then that's of course your prerogative and really no problem at all mirageman.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join