It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Nuke Do Not Panic We Have A Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Britain's National Archives released a draft plan from the early 1980s in which the UK government considered recruiting mentally ill psychopaths to help maintain order in the country in the wake of a devastating nuclear attack.
www.rawstory.com...

I think we should be aware that this has been suggested. If they considered carrying it out they would want us to think it had been rejected.

The police direct entry scheme appears to be still paused. This is one of the areas where we should keep a close eye for these characters. www.college.police.uk...

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Britain's National Archives released a draft plan from the early 1980s in which the UK government considered recruiting mentally ill psychopaths to help maintain order in the country in the wake of a devastating nuclear attack.
www.rawstory.com...

I think we should be aware that this has been suggested. If they considered carrying it out they would want us to think it had been rejected.

The police direct entry scheme appears to be still paused. This is one of the areas where we should keep a close eye for these characters. www.college.police.uk...

worry not, governments don't like competition.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

We all seen "Threads" Kester.

I think mentally ill psychopaths would be the least of our problems to contend with in the wake of a nuclear attack.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I was listening to the Lotus Eaters podcast the other day and they were talking about the police force in UK today. They basically talked about how they really lowered the standard to be a cop there and even criminals can join now. So, today it looks like a rage tag group of unkept people with a very aggressive attitude then in the past.

edit on 14-2-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Why so? There will be limited fallout for most of us. a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
"the UK government considered recruiting mentally ill psychopaths to help maintain order in the country "

So us surviving ground lepers would be ruled over by a British Wagner group while the government amd all their investor friends are safely tucked up in their luxury Pindar bunker?
I hope they have well protected Air ventilation shafts,as I imagine many survivors may not take too kindly to such a situation.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Couldn't even clear the snow off their drive here. All the more reason we need to exert control on their structure to avoid the private security that are primed to replace them. a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Kester just one Russian Satan 2 plus accompanying warhead payload could pretty much blanket the UK in nuclear fire from one end of the island to the other and there is little to nothing we could do to stop the things.

We don't bode well in any sort of ICBM nuclear exchange.

The lucky ones would go instantly, and for the survivors, it would pretty much be hell on earth.

Again though the only mad mentally ill psychopaths that would be of concern would be the nutters responsible for their launch by my guess.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

they really lowered the standard to be a cop there and even criminals can join now

With Melbourne being a prison colony that is how Victoria police grew in the early days. It was a tough job back then, only the stronger ones got picked.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Sounds like a knock off of Tom Clancy’s The Division.

A fail safe of individuals to maintain continuity of order after a crisis, only psychopaths.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

May I say, respectfully please? The UK? They are ISLANDS.

Sev blasts coast wide and in center btwn Ireland and Scotland? No one's getting away from blast radius(es) in multiples from all sides.

You're surrounded. A frightening scenario for sure...

Ready.Gov
edit on 02234828America/ChicagoTue, 14 Feb 2023 11:08:48 -060008202300000048 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

www.rawstory.com...

worry not, governments don't like competition.

Damn feels like we haven't seen you forever, Hamster? LOL or am I mistaken

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I was playing around with Nuclear War Simulator last week which was quite fun.

store.steampowered.com...

This wee online utility can be rather illuminating also as to what happens to the UK(Or anywhere else) should the nukes ever fly.

nuclearsecrecy.com...

Again we don't bode to well 67.33 million people on a 700-odd-mile-long island should nuclear war occur.

Our subs would indeed return the favor and utterly annihilate whoever was silly enough to launch nuclear weapons at the UK after all it's still a m.a.d world.

edit on 14-2-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I always feel safer with our "national security experts" in control. Don't you?

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Couple this with a Lithium shortage and you got good times.

Perfectly rational and reasonable.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

At least we dont get battery powered nuclear missiles then.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

To be fair the idea was proposed and rejected, as the article describes.

www.smh.com.au...

All the same, I think it fair to point out 'psychopaths' are not necessarily anymore damaged than any other personality types.

Psychopaths are as objective and 'unattached' as you might think. They make great 'relationship peolple' : Sales, Politicians, Customer Asdistance, Traders, etc.

Special Services have a higher proportion of psychopaths than most. Not because they are blood thirsty, but because they are more resiliant in the face of adversity than most. James Bond is a classic psychopath for example, as is Elon Musk I suspect.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka

originally posted by: MykeNukem

At least we dont get battery powered nuclear missiles then.

Touché

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I assume they went one stage further and put them in position of power prior to the attack.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Hang on a moment hasn't this idea already been implemented, I mean look at our government are they not a bunch of psycho's and sociopath's.

Seriously why else would we have a government sitting on there bribes and doing nothing about the massive flood of illegal migrants into our country, harming our poor and paying those same illegals and false asylum (Well the government must have escaped from an Asylum now mentioning that) seekers OUR tax money and giving them better treatment than our own people get.

You know in Liverpool the reason people in the most welcoming city in the UK got angry over a hotel full of those guy's (And it is mostly men hardly any woman) in Knowsley is because they stand outside the school fences looking at our kid's and try to entice them and the police do nothing about it, oh but they will arrest OUR people when they protest about it eh!.

So the same lunatic's in charge putting their fellow lunatics in charge in a crisis is only to be expected now isn't it.

On a side note what idiot named the emergency meetings for disasters after a poisonous snake, cobra meetings.

Mind you some of us would not mind a nuke or two so long as they hit the bloody politicians first.

edit on 14-2-2023 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join