It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd Biggest Egg Farm In US Catches Fire, 21 Fire Departments Respond, 100 Thousand Egg Layers Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You know, lots of food production fires and related accidents have happened lately. Such a coincidence that with eggs at $9 a dozen in NYC that we just happen to have a HUGE setback with egg production in the US.

So many accidents lately...

100,000 chickens die in Bozrah egg farm fire: Salvation Army

www.wfsb.com...

About 100,000 chickens die, coop destroyed in blaze at Bozrah egg farm

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The egg is a little miracle of nutrition, take that out of the equation and you are looking at some very strange nutritional deficiencies.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Damn, they're already $5 a dozen because something happened recently to chickens, I think it was a bird flu mass culling, now this happens.

Tack on another dollar onto the price sticker now.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Obviously all on purpose/planned. "Control the food , control the people" that kind of thing

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   
They are using the eggs to make the vaccines with ?

Just asking, but I heard they were using eggs, am I right on that ?

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The US is the 4th largest egg exporter, we won't starve for eggs but yea they will no doubt gouge prices. But what you gonna do? lots of the farms have to recoup their losses from COVID alone.

Top Fresh Eggs Exports by Country
Below are the 15 countries that exported the highest dollar value worth of fresh eggs during 2021.

Netherlands: US$515.4 million (24.4% of exported fresh eggs)
Turkey: $212.4 million (10.1%)
Poland: $189.8 million (9%)
United States: $171.3 million (8.1%)
Malaysia: $127.4 million (6%)
Germany: $122.1 million (5.8%)
China: $118.6 million (5.6%)
Spain: $99.4 million (4.7%)
Belgium: $61.9 million (2.9%)
Japan: $53.4 million (2.5%)
Ukraine: $47.4 million (2.2%)
Belarus: $38.1 million (1.8%)
France: $32.4 million (1.5%)
Russia: $32.1 million (1.5%)
Latvia: $31.1 million (1.5%)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   
They all have cameras in these hen houses. So something is very fishy if the Corporations are not saying anything public.
I haven't heard anything of the bird flu recently here in Japan though.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
The US is the 4th largest egg exporter, we won't starve for eggs but yea they will no doubt gouge prices. But what you gonna do? lots of the farms have to recoup their losses from COVID alone.

Funny you left they lost one coop with 100,000 chickens they have 13 more chicken coops each with approximately the same amount of chickens

www.wfsb.com...

BOZRAH, Conn. (WFSB) - Crews battled a massive 3-alarm fire at an egg farm in Bozrah.

Officials said the fire was at Hillandale Farms on Schwartz Road.

Officials say a 400′x50′ chicken coop was lost, but another 13 chicken coops were saved during the fire.

The Salvation Army Canteen One is on the scene providing Grilled Cheese and soup.

Around 100,000 chickens may have died in the fire, according to the Salvation Army.

In total, 21 fire departments responded to the fire. Firefighters were on scene for 8 hours on Saturday battling the blaze

www.worldstopexports.com...

Top Fresh Eggs Exports by Country
Below are the 15 countries that exported the highest dollar value worth of fresh eggs during 2021.

Netherlands: US$515.4 million (24.4% of exported fresh eggs)
Turkey: $212.4 million (10.1%)
Poland: $189.8 million (9%)
United States: $171.3 million (8.1%)
Malaysia: $127.4 million (6%)
Germany: $122.1 million (5.8%)
China: $118.6 million (5.6%)
Spain: $99.4 million (4.7%)
Belgium: $61.9 million (2.9%)
Japan: $53.4 million (2.5%)
Ukraine: $47.4 million (2.2%)
Belarus: $38.1 million (1.8%)
France: $32.4 million (1.5%)
Russia: $32.1 million (1.5%)
Latvia: $31.1 million (1.5%)
edit on 29-1-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It looks like one of 14 chicken houses burnt down. The other chickens probably died of stress as it is easy to stampede them to crush themselves in panic.

It will take time to replace the chickens but most of the farm buildings survived.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

They are $5-$9 -even $12 dozen, Detroit. Yesterday.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well damn. $5 here in Virginia for generic Food Lion large eggs.

Man, I really like eggs too. I make some mean breakfast sandwiches.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The only question should be was it another piece of the great reset, or just a group of these young were gonna save the planet morons.. (cant clean their room but they think they can save the world)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
It looks like one of 14 chicken houses burnt down. The other chickens probably died of stress as it is easy to stampede them to crush themselves in panic.

It will take time to replace the chickens but most of the farm buildings survived.

Stampeding chickens...that is a first for me!

I wonder if chickens actually are capable of feeling "stress"...interesting!

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

I thought 1 week I saw 18 eggs for $4.99 and couldn't believe that.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Chicken manure can self-combust, though it is rare.

However, if the waste was not properly handled, say by inadequate or inexperienced staff, a fire could have broken out without "nefarious intervention".

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

i was born and raised on a chicken farm, spent 25 of my 60 years working there.pretty sure the kind of operation Hillandale Farms runs there's no way that they stampeded. they might have a few free range farms but most are caged hen houses.

we had 9 houses, and sold eggs under our name, repacked for them for Hillandale their plant/farm in robertsdale al, (i'm thinking that one is shut down now heard something several years back about them shutting down some of their farms). and several local national chain stores.

this is pretty much what most of their house look like, our's weren't this modern but then again we shut down over thirty years ago.

these are white leg horns

comes from this video,

they also have been in trouble with the feds, back in 2010 they were involved with salmonella outbreak, and Congress held hearings over it. in 2015 they were also in national news for the way they neglected their birds, and condition of the hen houses.

Hillandale Farms Responds to Hidden Camera Footage Showing Decomposing Chickens at Pennsylvania Egg Farm

edit on 29-1-2023 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2023 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
They are using the eggs to make the vaccines with ?

Just asking, but I heard they were using eggs, am I right on that ?

Yeppir. Specifically flu vaccines. Now would be a bad (expensive) time for an outbreak of some variation of the Spanish Flu. Maybe sometime in the late Spring.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

I wonder if chickens actually are capable of feeling "stress"...

My mother inspected large egg farms. She had to wear the same coveralls as the workers and go in at the usual times otherwise the stress caused a drop in production.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I am so sorry for these poor creatures. The way they are housed and the horrible death they experienced. R.i.p

This is for the innocent birds, no need to discuss.

On with the thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 05:37 AM
link   
My God, those poor chickens. 100,000 deaths of anything is just horrible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join