It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a baby T-2000 terminator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is something I never thought I would see in my life time ! Before anyone goes all critical on this development just consider this invention like a baby of any species; give it time to grow, develop, and no telling where this material science and Robotic A.I. will end up ? Amazing IMO youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It's OK, I'm slipping under the radar and infiltrating with a good name.

Remember, water is their enemy and our friend.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hype.
Marketing ploy in an attempt to attract silly investors who believe the part about the "shape shifting robot"
Acid on plastic .

edit on 1/27/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Be certain you salt that water. It is much more conductive that way.

XL5

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Go through the video frame by frame. It is fake. I've seen better CGI UFO videos than this stop motion animation.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think what you meant to say was T-1000.

The T-800 was the classic Arnold model.
The T-1000 was the liquid judgement day cop.
The T-X was the the chick in leather aka Terminatrix.

In any case, the moment we try to shut it off/kill it, it kills us.

Treat A.I. like that quiet kid in highschool in order to hedge your bets.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: XL5
Go through the video frame by frame. It is fake. I've seen better CGI UFO videos than this stop motion animation.

www.sciencealert.com...

To design a robot that can do something similar, the researchers needed a non-toxic material that can easily shift between soft and rigid states in ambient temperature. They turned to gallium, a soft metal that has a melting point of 29.76 degrees Celsius (85.57 degrees Fahrenheit) at standard pressure – just a few degrees below the average human body temperature. You can melt gallium just by holding it in your hand.

The researchers embedded a gallium matrix with magnetic particles, creating what they call a "magnetoactive solid-liquid phase transitional machine".

"The magnetic particles here have two roles," says mechanical engineer Carmel Majidi of Carnegie Mellon University, one of the senior authors on the team's paper.

"One is that they make the material responsive to an alternating magnetic field, so you can, through induction, heat up the material and cause the phase change. But the magnetic particles also give the robots mobility and the ability to move in response to the magnetic field."

After testing to see whether the transition from solid to liquid was reversible (it was), the researchers ran their little robots through a gamut of tests. The robots could leap over small moats, climb over obstacles, and even split up to perform cooperative tasks moving objects around before recombining and resolidifying.

Complete article at link above

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000
I think what you meant to say was T-1000.

The T-800 was the classic Arnold model.
The T-1000 was the liquid judgement day cop.
The T-X was the the chick in leather aka Terminatrix.

In any case, the moment we try to shut it off/kill it, it kills us.

Treat A.I. like that quiet kid in highschool in order to hedge your bets.

Naw I figured all those were past history although I did like the T-X terminator A lot ! For this they need to start on the proper serial number and a complete new nomenclature !!No telling what the T-3000, 4000 or 5000 will be able to do !

I am impressed with what they say the present little bugger can do already...

XL5

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It still can not reform into its original shape unless it is molten and put into a mold by a human or non liquid robot. It moves with magnets under the table. It is like a kid claiming he made a real volcano with baking soda and vinegar.
edit on 28-1-2023 by XL5 because: (no reason given)

join