It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice bath for general health.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Splash - Aha!

The Russian Banya, the Japanese Onsen.

The FInnish sauna, before you run outside starkers.

The post-work-out rugby and soccer pain-relief.

Native American sweat lodge:

Brother, my back hurts.

And with ice, please take that pain away.
edit on 17-1-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ice bath science:

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   
2 minutes ... been 30 minutes, brother you must come out.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 11:36 PM
link   
We used to take a sauna and go roll in the snow or jump into the lake when I was younger. Chopping the hole in the ice kind of sucked and it always froze up every night. Also, jumping into the lake half drunk led to hurting yourself on sharp chunks of ice sometimes...especially when you are a naked guy.

I preferred the polar plunge, but I am over sixty five and not so dumb anymore. Rolling in the snow can hurt your nuts too if there is a crust on the snow. I'll let the young bucks do it, I will stick to a sauna followed by a cold shower these days.

Sitting in a bathtub with ice cubes just isn't what anyone under sixty should do, a roll in the snow is so much more environmental friendly.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Good for internal hemmorrhoids too , it will make smaller temporary or if you lucky for longer periods.

If they get too big first thing i do is park my behind in a small baby bath filled with ice cubes.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Not sure if it's a coincidence?

But we're not dipping Tammy in the North Sea.

Just saying, everyone here is super-slim.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

All the love.

All the power.

I'm totally sold on the Wim Hof Method and have been doing it for 3 weeks now.

My lower back pain is 90% less.

edit on 18-1-2023 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well so a roll in the snow creates snow ballzs!

Can you comment as to whether an ice bath will shrink an enlarged Prostrate? Many NFL players have an ice bath post game to reduce inflammation

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i guess hip hop gridlock hit.

ive been watching bert kreisher do it on his utube page.
then i watched vids on the benefits.

then i saw a vid on r0gan where a guy got his testoterone to 1100 using ice baths before he lifts weights.

so here is what i do.
i fill plastic bowls with water, freeze em over night.
i also have a giant reusable ice pack in my freezer, i got from a neighbor one time i never used it.

so then i shower shave etc in a hot shower.
i then fill the tub with cold water.
then i throw all the ice blocks i have, from my freezer, into the tub.

then i let it simmer.

then i get in.
i am way too big for my tub lol. i might go buy a giant bin this week, so i can get even deeper. because im too tall for my tub, my feet stick out. and my shoulders are too wide, i can only get one shoulder under the water.

its SIMPLE.
i was petrified it would hurt.

you hop in, its STARTLING to say the least.
then you lay back, and you move around, and it def cold.
but its not painful.

i think with the ice blocks, my tub is only getting into the low 40s tho.
r0gan gets his water down to 30s. i wish i could.

i will get a thermometer when i see one on the cheap.

but its EASY.
i can do 3 minutes simple.

im going to bring my phone in there from now on and read comics as i sit there, because you are supposed to try and do something, to task your brain as its exposed to cold.

i have joint inflamation stopping my progress on heavier weights on the bench. if this fixes my shoulders!!!

and in 2-3 months, i will go get my tesosterone levels checked.
if it goes up? all of my friends will know.

i already told my bros kids, who are 9 and 11, that if this works, they gotta do it, because if it optimizes hormones, any kid who does it will be 1-3 inches taller.

but who knows.
i just started, so i will not know for 2 months if bl00d h0rmones increased.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: drongosrevenge
i already told my bros kids, who are 9 and 11, that if this works, they gotta do it, because if it optimizes hormones, any kid who does it will be 1-3 inches taller.

If they wanna get taller, start eating tons of red meat and fat, best is to also eliminate all carbs too (including veggies)...

That'll add 2-6 inches easy...

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Well so a roll in the snow creates snow ballzs!

Can you comment as to whether an ice bath will shrink an enlarged Prostrate? Many NFL players have an ice bath post game to reduce inflammation

I have no idea. I do know that if you jump in Lake Superior at the power plant discharge tube in Marquette in the late winter when there are icebergs in the lake, the water is nice and warm till you get out about seventy feet from shore, then swimming back to shore makes your ballzs crawl inside like a nightcrawler that sees the flashlight and retreats into it's hole when picking crawlers. It is strange how fast you can swim back to shore when you hit the ice cold water.

I didn't learn from the first event, it took me two times to figure I am never going to do that again. A good scientific experiment has to be verified. The friend I was doing this with can peer review that it is true.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   

We can transform into a mini me package! AKA Austin Powers. I don't know about you but I am cursed. I talk with the black brothers about it for laughs. But seriously its a curse with NO added benefits

new topics

top topics

join