It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to Sinzae Reed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Ohio residents and online activists are raising concerns about the actions of local police and county prosecutors after the homicide of a 13-year-old Black child killed in Columbus nearly three months ago.

Sinzae Reed, 13, was shot and killed in the city on Oct. 12. Columbus police arrested his white neighbor, Krieg Butler, 36, within 48 hours of Reed's death, and the Franklin County Prosecutor's office charged him with murder. However, those charges were dismissed a few days later after Butler claimed self-defense.
source

Sinzae Reed, 13 was shot in the back - twice - by Krieg Butler.

Within 48 hours of the child's death, Krieg was arrested for the murder but charges were dismissed a few days later as Krieg told the police the shooting was done in 'self-defense'.

Seriously? Two shotgun blasts to the back of a 13-year-old in self-defense?

That's not all that's off here IMO.

Under an Ohio law that went into effect in 2019 - a potential suspect no longer has to prove 'self-defense'. The 'burden' rests on the Prosecutor.

The death of Sinzae is compared to the killing of Trayvon Martin in 2012.

Police are reporting the case is still under investigation and asking for patience from Sinzae's family and community.

More to come.

RIP Little Man.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Family and Friends gathered outside the Prosecutor's office demanding justice for Sinzae's killing.

Sinzae's killer (alleged killer) isn't even in jail.

It's said the Prosecutor is waiting for the autopsy report to come back before taking the case to a 'higher court'.

In the meantime (it's been 3 months) Sinzae's mother is not even able to bring a restraining order against Krieg as he's not been charged - yet.

Krieg is free in the community (where the family lives) and has continued posting his innocence on social media.

peace

edit on 3343Tuesday202313 by silo13 because: spelling fix

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

the kid in the picture looks to be about 8 or 9. Is there a current picture? I know that doesn't change the facts, but it would be best to not portray this 13 year old as a baby, like they did with Michael Brown.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The picture is from the news source.

Let me see if I can find another.

But, as you said, it doesn't make a difference.

peace

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The guy has a right to a speedy trial, so if the prosecutor doesn't have the autopsy results yet I can see why the case is stalled.

Unfortunately, the 'catch and release' of criminals has created a massive backlog in the system, along with the loss of qualified personnel thanks to C19.

More and more cases are getting stuck in limbo, thanks to the 'progressive' changes in the laws. It's only going to get worse....

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I thought releasing murder suspects was S.O.P. in some large urban areas.
If they are arrested at all.
Isn't this part of that craziness?

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The guy has a right to a speedy trial, so if the prosecutor doesn't have the autopsy results yet I can see why the case is stalled.

Unfortunately, the 'catch and release' of criminals has created a massive backlog in the system, along with the loss of qualified personnel thanks to C19.

More and more cases are getting stuck in limbo, thanks to the 'progressive' changes in the laws. It's only going to get worse....

I agree. If they arrest and charge him and don't have the goods to get a conviction, he can demand the speedy trial and force their hand then possibly be acquitted and double jeopardy.

new topics

top topics

join