It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EverQuest in Unreal 5

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A couple videos of it;

It's still very rough but honestly if this came to be I'd love to play old skool EQ with modern gfx.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

We generally loved EQ until the "Mana" problem.

It got to the point we would kill a mob and sit/med 20 mins to fill up, watch CSI on TV, go kill another mob, repeat.

If they would implement a food / water system similar to WoW when out of combat to heal / mana up, it would be playable.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

We generally loved EQ until the "Mana" problem.

It got to the point we would kill a mob and sit/med 20 mins to fill up, watch CSI on TV, go kill another mob, repeat.

If they would implement a food / water system similar to WoW when out of combat to heal / mana up, it would be playable.

As a necro, I know not what you speak of

but yeah regen kinda sucked, I want to say last time I played a progression server that was 'classic' i think they upped from the original regen rate cause it use to be brutal.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Pretty tired of the EQ IP being passed around and milked for every last cent

Really needs an update like this. Hell, im not even sure who to trust with such things these days.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I played EQ from the very start and I am proud to say I was part of two of the best guilds to ever play the game.

I always felt that more modern games don't have the intensity because getting your character killed doesn't cost you anything. In the first release of EQ if you died you had to run, not port or anything else even remotely close. You had to run back and find your corpse - if you could. And, you had to pay a cleric to come with you to rez you for minimum experience loss.

As a druid I had some buffs that made the game tolerable but mana was always an issue. Having Vishimtar's Heart on my neck piece definitely helped.

Oh, and for those who know the game: When I maxed my character out I DID go back and kick the crap out of both Dorn B. Dynn and Wuoshi. That damn dragon killed me so many freaking times... Who's laughing now, dragon breath?
edit on 16-1-2023 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Haha,

Snare, Dot Dot Dot

Snare Dot Dot Dot

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Haha,

Snare, Dot Dot Dot

Snare Dot Dot Dot

Oh, snap! Pet down!

FD.

....wait...

Stand up

Oh...chit, not yet!

FD.

Go make a sammich

Stand up

Repeat.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Haha,

Snare, Dot Dot Dot

Snare Dot Dot Dot

I had a pretty nasty series of dots and aoe's. I pretty much invented a kiting method called drag and drop. I actually had other druids watch me do that then join the guild so they could pick up tips from me. It was really pretty flattering. And I met some great people that way.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Haha,

Snare, Dot Dot Dot

Snare Dot Dot Dot

Oh, snap! Pet down!

FD.

....wait...

Stand up

Oh...chit, not yet!

FD.

Go make a sammich

Stand up

Repeat.

Never let the pet die. Its better to have it break on you and have to charm it again. Unless you are fighting Lodi. When the charm breaks he immediately summons and druids are pretty squishy...

top topics

join