It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA secretly met Zelenskyy revealed Russian plot to kill him as he pushed back on US intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
First I'm hearing of this even though Zelenskyy was an obvious target, still, it different to know the CIA briefing might have thwarted actual assassination attempts as this suggests. One would assume you would have to trust the CIA here, certainly the intelligence information had to be legit.

Searching for other versions of this story

FWIW it all could be to just push a book.

complete title

CIA director secretly met with Zelenskyy before the invasion to reveal Russian plot to kill him as he pushed back on US intelligence, book says

www.businessinsider.com...

CIA director secretly met with Zelenskyy before invasion to reveal Russian plot to kill him as he pushed back on US intelligence, book says
Nicole Gaudiano and John Haltiwanger Jan 16, 2023, 6:00 AM

CIA Director Bill Burns met with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on a secret trip to Kyiv ahead of the Russian invasion last year to share news that appeared to surprise the Ukrainian leader: the Russians were plotting to assassinate him.

At that time, in January 2022, Zelenskyy had been dismissing the idea that Russians would carry out an unprovoked invasion of Ukraine and was suggesting America's public warnings were creating a "panic," noted Chris Whipple in his forthcoming book, "The Fight of His Life: Inside Joe Biden's White House."

It was unusual for the US to publicly disclose intelligence like this, suggesting Washington was confident in its assessment of Russia's intentions. But just weeks before Russia invaded, Zelenskyy expressed concerns that such warnings would have a negative impact on the Ukrainian economy — and emphasized that Kyiv was used to facing threats from Russia.

"Burns had come to give him a reality check" and the CIA director shared that Russian Special Forces were coming for Zelenskyy, writes Whipple, adding that President Joe Biden told Burns "to share precise details of the Russian plots."

"The intelligence was so detailed that it would help Zelensky's security forces thwart two separate Russian attempts on his life," he wrote.

As previously reported, Burns also shared a "blueprint of Putin's invasion plan" during that visit in Zelenskyy's office to help him prepare. Whipple wrote. He previewed Russian plans to attack Antonov Airport north of Kyiv and to use it as a staging area for an assault on Kyiv.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I wonder how many plots the CIA has to kill world leaders-or don't they do that anymore?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The Russians and Ukrainians have been having skirmishes before Zelensky was even known.
Zelensky is backed by Soros et all. He is a WEF stooge and probably had no clue what he was getting himself into. I bet he misses the days of playing a piano with his little dick.
Even if this article/book is to be believed, who cares. He is now a bad guy and is being used as money laundering for the world's elite, including those here in the US. Im all for Putin taking him out and all of Ukraine's leadership. Let the Ukrainians be free from the bull# they are forced to live under. Zelensky et all want to turn it into a leftist woke #hole....well, it really is already there.

It was unusual for the US to publicly disclose intelligence like this,

I laughed out loud at this. This is called...........propaganda and this happens all the time.

Putin is not perfect (as nobody is) but I would stand next to him, before I did any Soros stooge.

edit on 2023 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Maybe it just told him to stay away from windows

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'd like to buy a care.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't believe anything relating to the Russia/Ukraine War.

Way too much BS coming out of both sides.

And I don't trust anything the CIA has to say about anything.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Putin is not perfect (as nobody is) but I would stand next to him, before I did any Soros stooge.

Yet most former Soviet countries are distancing themselves from him. And a nation with about a third of Russia is beating the odds and fending off the invaders.

Seems most there don’t want to stand by Russia or they would.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
At this point Russia would have done the world a favor if they went through with it. But I'm skeptical of the veracity of this story all things considered.

I feel like this is another one of those "I don't need a ride, I need more bullets" BS puff pieces to make him look like a brave leader and not...
THIS

I had a revelation about Zelenskyy the other day.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

better stop noticing.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   
David Letterman interviewed Zelensky on ‘My next guest’ in Ukraine, it’s on Netflix.

The interview was done in front of a live audience, but it was in an underground subway station… just seemed weird is all.

He’s that precautious that he’ll only do an interview with David Letterman in public bomb proof facility.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I think they're going to attempt to assassinate Putin, not sure who will do it, but I think an attempt will be made.

I don't believe anything the CIA says.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

I think they're going to attempt to assassinate Putin, not sure who will do it, but I think an attempt will be made.

I completely understand the sentiment.

But if they lied, for what purpose?

Perhaps get on his good side, install agents in Ukraine,

Are you suggesting we have a rogue CIA or are they actually running things

Haven't there been actual attempts on Zelenskyy?

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: MykeNukem

I completely understand the sentiment.

But if they lied, for what purpose?

Perhaps get on his good side, install agents in Ukraine,

Are you suggesting we have a rogue CIA or are they actually running things

Haven't there been actual attempts on Zelenskyy?

No idea on all counts, put..

I just don't believe what they're saying, it seems like a strategy move, maybe for more money? They may have a vested interest in Ukraine receiving more funding.

The information that they're feeding us is highly suspect from the start.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

lettterman is pure pr0paganda now.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I don't believe anything relating to the Russia/Ukraine War.

Way too much BS coming out of both sides.

And I don't trust anything the CIA has to say about anything.

I'm completely open to the idea they are lying bastards, but why lie about this? to what end?

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

He was installed by the CIA.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
He’s that precautious that he’ll only do an interview with David Letterman in public bomb proof facility.

Hey after all its not like hes in a country at war nor having the enemy trying to kill him on a regular basis... /s

What on earth is exactly wrong with what he did? I guess you want him to do an interview out in a field on the front lines right between the Ukrainian and ruZZian forces?

lol.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

I never said there was necessarily anything wrong with it, it was just a curious observation is all.

He has been to the front lines on at least one occasion, yet he’ll only do a interview with Letterman in bomb proof subway station.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Zelensky is a CIA puppet.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   
News of a big helo crash taking out a lot of Ukraines ministers today

top topics

join