It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremiah Green, Modest Mouse drummer, dead at 45

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Jeremiah Green, the founding drummer for the rock band Modest Mouse, has died just days after the band announced he had been diagnosed with cancer.

ABC News, Jan 1, 2023: Jeremiah Green, Modest Mouse drummer, dead at 45.

Well, one hell of a way to start off the year!

So sad! Jimi doesn’t even need another drummer in his jam band!!

I started snowboarding in the mid 90s. And I lived the lifestyle: weed, coffee, alcohol, sex, and powder. All fueled by the soundtrack of my life. I saw bands like The Offspring, Pennywise, Unwritten Law, The Gits, Blackhappy, Gas Huffer, among others.

It was a bit after that time, late 1990s, maybe early 2000s, I went to a concert at the local bar for a band that was on one of my snowboard videos.

I only knew a song, and the new one, I Came As a Rat, but went anyway.

Blown away!

I went out the next day and bought the new album, The Moon & Antarctica , which is one of my “desert island” albums!

I watched as some indie band went on to concur David Letterman. I bought the back catalog (Long Drive is clasic!). And I saw them become MTV icons!

From an entertainment starved Alaskan, thank you, Jeremiah Green and Modest Mouse for the wonderful work you put out over the years!

Your fan,

-David

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Perfect Disguise - Modest Mouse

A really cool song that appears to be placed before the build up to the end of the album.

Simple, weird, perfect!!

***Lyrics, might have swearing!***

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Yeah, they were pretty amazing. Saw them play in Vancouver. Awesome sound.

Perfect example of a new, fresh sound breaking through into consciousness when almost all else was canned and relooped from older sounds.

RIP, yet another lost musician.

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Nicely put!!

It was at that time that I stopped listening to commercial radio. I didn’t even know about streaming but knew that there is something better out there!

Great memories!

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I love the groove of this one! I know it is is not an R&B type groove but it still has that feeling!

Paper Thin Walls

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   

edit on 1/2/2023 by TheRedneck because: Removed for Spam

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Because sometimes you have to listen to the whole album…

The Moon & Antarctica

***Lyrics***

new topics

top topics

join