It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Most Amazing thing you've encountered

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I WAS going to post something amazing, but after reading others amazing KFC replies, I decided not to..nothing could begin to compare with that one..
Mag

Please tell us something amazing. Pretty please with cocoanut butter and chocolate syrup on it.

The most amazing thing I ever saw lit up the entire sky over Las Vegas in the early sixties.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
A severed arm twitch and spasm for 3 minutes after it was torn off a man in a car crah outside my house

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Those extra large kingsize, slow burning, roll-your-own papers.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Surprised alien hasn't continued the KFC theme yet.

Sorry bro...didn't notice the thread...was too busy burying my face in a 1/4pack...hey, did ya hear, Hot N Spicy is back at KFC!!!!!! Yeah baby!

Okay...umm...Most amazing thing I've encountered...well, I would say something funny like ummm, an Australian who could hold a decent intelligent conversation, but we all know thats merely fantasy

Honestly tho', most amazing thing I've encountered is love. Love is amazing...and so incredibly powerful...love gave me life - the love of my parents brought me into this world and nutured me through it...

...love brought me back from deaths door - the hope of love, voice of love, memories of love gave me strength to continue when facing mortality at my own hand...

...love shone light when all around was dark, love brought peace when all around was chaos - love visited me, swept through my mind, entered my dreams, calmed me....

...love held itself firm over the eons of time...pure love from a pure heart...and that love found me again...

Yeah...loves definitely it...

Peace,
ALIEN

Ash

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Couldn't have said it better alien.

The love of my Lady to follow me all over hells half acre on a whim.

The love of a mother and her child.

The love of strangers to adopt someones child.

The love of being.

Ps. I have seen some pretty amazing #, in my day but love is by far the most amazing.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It must be human stupidity. It never stopped to amazed me. (no offense meant to anyone here)

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's happening right now...

Armstrong, suffering from injuries, crashes, and basically old age, is fighting back to win the Tour De France.

The massive work that those guys are doing every day, is truely amazing. Each day is racing to exhaustion...

www.publicbroadcasting.net...

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's hard to think though with all the chickens peeping around here

Most amazing..actually, I don't think I've ever been unamazed in my life and the things I've seen..It's one big amazing story waiting to unfold..would really be amazed though if I ever find out what the heck everything means..infact, I'd probably faint

I really like some of your replies though..very neat indeed..

Magestica

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The most amazing thing I have ever encountered........CHILD BIRTH

Nothing is more amazing than that.

(except, of course, TENDER ROAST from KFC:lol

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well thats a tuff one,

One night i was awakened by a phone to come to work in a hurry. When I got there it was a whole in the ground about 400 yards across with 50 foot waves of dirt, mud, and rock flying out of it. And a flame intermittenly roaring about 700 foot into the air. As I got out of my pick-up a guy came running up asking me to put it out. All I could do for a while was stand there with slack jaw and admiration at the power inside the earth [79-80?]

or there was the time

I was in a perfect storm in the middle of Georges Bank off the coast of Cape Cod about 280 miles into the Atlantic. I was on the semi-submersible Zapata Saratoga out of Morgan City La. owner operator Zapata Drilling CEO G.H. Bush
It was a week after the largest semi in the world built by Mitsubishi Industries dis-appeared beneath the surface without a trace and no surrvivors while encountering a similar storm.
7 of our 8 anchor cables broke and we were a drift with no possibilty of rescue by the Coast Guard for three long days we were tossed around like a board, with 18 foot icicles growing and falling out of the derrick crashing against the side of the living quarters, while 50 and 70 foot white caps thrashed across the barge causing it to creak and moan and let out God awfull scarry noises while we tossed and turned taking 17 -20 degree lists to starboard then port in a vessell designed to take a max. list of 15. It was impressive and awesome to stair out my bedroom portal hanging on to the wall and see a 100 foot wall of water inbetween sweels and then the barge would lunge like a play swing the other way and it would rise up on the crest of next swell and for a couple of seconds you would be on top of the wave and see an infinity of waves on the sea coming after thee. Then you would violently lurch forward thru the 30-40 degree arc and slide down the wave leaving your stomach up there somewhere to watch the black surface of the ocean 100 feet below rushing up at you then back up again.
There were a lot of sick Texans on that barge, landlubbers. this was no Gulf of Mexico!
For the first and only time in my life I was totally helpless and at God's absolute mercy, I was compelled to write my last will and testament for my wife and children and seal it in a zip-loc bag and duct tape it around my chest. Many of us carried life jackets at all times, so we would be found others did not. After 3 long nights and 2 days the helicopters with relief and tugboats began showing up so we could get back to work.
Later I learned that my wife and mother in Corpus and Houston saw Dan Rather on the evening news announce that we were taking on water and going down. So much for what you here on the news. My mother Iron Lady that she was called George up and hollered at him to 'get her goddamn little boy off that barge'.As if he could have done anything!
Remember the begining about the Mitsubishi semi that disappeared and remember the tiny Saratoga built in Morgan City Louisiana by red neck welders from the USA
and don't ever let anyone tell you the Japanese can build it better!

then there was the best!

Jackie, Gail, and Jeanene OH my word the memories!!!!!!!!
Thee young ladies from Flint, Mi. I picked up hitch hiking after Woodstock in my VW crew cab pick up with the Army Surplus canvas top on a wood frame over the bed with a mattress in it. We went to Flint first re-couped at their house then went to the Dallas Pop festival which sucked compared to Woodstock then we went to my home in Boston and lived. After 6,7, or 8 months first Jeanen the youngest then Jackie the oldest drifted away and finally Gail.

Thanks for the memories, I am not sure which was the most amazing. But the only one I really want badly to relive is the last one
which was the first one which is probably why all that bad crap is still happening to me! Ow well it was well worth it

TUT TUT

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Manmade:

Chichen Itza - major jaw-drop and I cannot imagine how much more so the Great Pyramid would be.

2nd might possibly be Avenue of the Americas...because it was the first time I had ever been to a big city and when you stand at the south end and look north you are basically looking down a man-made canyon that goes completely over the horizon.

Natural:

The Rockies from the ground; the Sierra Nevadas from the air; the Carribean waters.

Unexplained:

My ufo sighting.
When I discovered something in a painting that I don't think anybody else had. (This wasn't just jaw-dropping, it was goose-bumping.)
And some scary stuff that happened in a house we lived in when I was a teenager.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The most amazing thing I've ever seen was a total eclipse of the Sun, here in the UK about 4 years ago.

It was real weird having darkness fall during day time. The birds stopped singing and there seemed to be complete silence until the Sun reappeared.

I have to admit to feeling spooked at the time but it really was an amazing thing to experience.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I remember that...it was creepy!

I also remember the really bad storms about 10yrs ago...sunshine one minute then pitch black with thunder and lightening that forked across the sky.....

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Probably extasy. That's pretty amazing.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
ok then.

lunar. the moon has to be the most psychologically satisfying thing for me. i don't know why. when i see a full moon, i, i forget things. it's strange....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join