It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Hacked

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the government hacked it. Musk has made them look pretty bad.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
I wouldn't be surprised if the government hacked it. Musk has made them look pretty bad.

I would think the govt would have a backdoor - w/out having to hack.
And I would also think Elon would have been working on closing all of those back doors. Of course, that would take time and people.

ETA. Screw backdoor. Probably a key to the front door.
edit on 2022 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I think that's the issue here. If this is just the OGA doing their thing (like when Musk had a person stalk his wife and kid) then I would also expect that this "data breach" is actually just that same OGA threatening others to pressure Musk and embarrass Twitter into doing what they want with data they already have.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Maybe you should call 'Elon' if you're on a first name basis...
After he antagonized everybody working for Twitter, maybe nobody has told him yet?

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Luckily as ATS is a conspiracy site nobody would be dumb enough to join twitter would they? and if for some reason they did, they would not use their real details, would they?

Selfish it may be but I have no worries about being doxxed in this hack as I have never joined

Either way I guess they have the right guy in charge to protect those important blue ticks , don’t they ?

edit on 000000p3104America/Chicago12262022112 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Maxmars

Well as it looks nobody has bought it yet, I doubt Twitter had the time to verify with Christmas and all...
But it could definitely turn out to be the nail in the coffin for Twitter if the data is true.

I highly doubt that, but it will probably be the nail in the coffin of that website and thanks to the brilliance of the guy making public, it will be the end of the fun for these people as their websites cascade being shut down one after another

Ask Kimdotcom what happened after the US went on its crusade against piracy

The fact of the matter is Elon doesnt take this stuff lying down and hes the richest man in the world, expect retribution

But no twitter will remain, i know much to the chagrin of you and your friends with pitchforks

Did anybody with an ounce of sense think the left would take Elon exposing them without trying to ruin him?

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Maybe you should call 'Elon' if you're on a first name basis...
After he antagonized everybody working for Twitter, maybe nobody has told him yet?

Yeah, because he would never know.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

What do you think? That he spends his holidays scanning every obscure hacker forum?
lol
Seriously you should tell him maybe you get a pat on the back.
You could be his hero and together you ride off into the sunset.

It's just really sad, looks like he could really use FBI, CIA and everybody's help now, right?
Whom am I kidding it's hilarious. Life just writes the best stories.

edit on 26-12-2022 by Peeple because: space

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
looks like another extortion attempt to me, another angry lefty or Agent, lets be honest , theyre the same

I thought crass capitalism was a right-wing thing?

Just saying.

You should read Edwards Dutton's "Spiteful Mutants," it's basically a roadmap on dysgenic reproduction, the production sociolagical mal-adaptives and it's cumulative increase since the beginning of the industrial revolution. It explains why there is so much insanity in the world, since around 80% of DNA, both constructive and destructive, is expressed in the brain.

Read your past, know your future, right?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: CrazyWater

a reply to: Maxmars

Well as it looks nobody has bought it yet, I doubt Twitter had the time to verify with Christmas and all...
But it could definitely turn out to be the nail in the coffin for Twitter if the data is true.

I highly doubt that, but it will probably be the nail in the coffin of that website and thanks to the brilliance of the guy making public, it will be the end of the fun for these people as their websites cascade being shut down one after another

Ask Kimdotcom what happened after the US went on its crusade against piracy

The fact of the matter is Elon doesnt take this stuff lying down and hes the richest man in the world, expect retribution

But no twitter will remain, i know much to the chagrin of you and your friends with pitchforks

Did anybody with an ounce of sense think the left would take Elon exposing them without trying to ruin him?

Oh GOD no lol and they wont rest until hes dead, broke and destitute or forgotten, unlucky for THEM though hes the rihest man in the world and he takes things like that as a challenge

Say what you want about old Elon, he doesnt seem to cow to the mob or the government threats, at least from what we can tell

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Elons' right side of his face is all swollen. I think he will be taking an extended vacation very soon....

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

That he spends his holidays scanning every obscure hacker forum?
lol
He does not need to do that. It's very easy, if 400+ million profiles were leaked, there had to be a lot of traffic about that from the twitter servers. Twitter staff probably knew before the hacker finished writing his demands down.

It's just really sad, looks like he could really use FBI, CIA and everybody's help now, right?

Not really. I think Musk has the toys and means to track down the hacker without the help of the government.

Whom am I kidding it's hilarious. Life just writes the best stories.

You're kidding yourself obviously.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I mean a daring soul could check if this is the real email [email protected] I don't think it's publicly available.
That would be half confirmation, no?

email comes back "does not exist" 😁

You're so full of #. It totally sent. I just tried myself

It'll be returned as "unintelligible" 😁

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Data leaks in the hundreds of millions of unique identities have not nailed tue coffins shut on scores of companies that have had them. There is no reason to believe this would be different. People keep volunteering all of their data to the same companies that fail to secure it. We been bearing about it for decades now. Multiple times of year often.

People enioy giving away their data. Makes it easy to edit funny pictures and videos of selfies and butt shots and stupid online challenges they can share with ten thousand people they will never meet and a few hundred bots.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It's apparently a subset of these:

The reason for the investigation stems from data collected in December 2021 using a Twitter API vulnerability that exposed the phone numbers and email addresses of individual Twitter users. The company fixed the vulnerability in January 2022, though the dataset of 5.4 million affected users was shared for free on a forum online in November this year.

source

That's probably why nobody is interested in the ransom they've already been dumped for free somewhere else.
So... 50% meh I guess

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Leftist hacker, CCP hacker, ex twitter employee ? NSA...?

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Leftist hacker, CCP hacker, ex twitter employee ? NSA...?

Probably all of them and then some!

Question is...who actually succeeded (first) and then comes why and how?

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen
You're so full of #. It totally sent. I just tried myself

You do know that how quickly an NDR comes back depends entirely on the sending AND receiving server's configurations... right?

It can take up to 3 days for an NDR to come back, assuming that none of the servers have a broken config that breaks the NDR response. process.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Twitter Hacked

When you reorganize a corporation, you can expect blowback from the stockholders. Despite all of elons money, he's just a peon in the eyes of the 3 letters.

www.ftc.gov...

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

It's obvious this was done by a far left pos hacker, or group of hackers, who don't like free speech. I hope Elon Musk uses the money to go after this POS, or if it's a group to go after them and put every pos hacker in prison.

Lose trust in you as a company and thus stunt the current growth and hype that you are having also just imagine famous content creators and influencers getting hacked on twitter that will for sure Make them ghost the platform and ruin your dream of twitter video sharing platform for content creators, also since you Made the mistake of changing twitter policy that got an immense backlash

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join