It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now movies are killing people...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I've seen more than a few movies that made me wish I was dead rather than endure it. What bothers me most is how they have to invent fantasy worlds and superheros rather than retelling an abundant history badly in need of discovery. Our real world isn't interesting enough? Divorcing us from reality seems to be an implicit goal for the entertainment industry.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The willing suspension of disbelief is an inherent requirement for all forms of fiction.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Because of stress, increase in blood pressure like what happened in this case, arteries of the heart could have ruptured and that can cause sudden cardiac arrest.”

“This may be due to a plaque rupture in the coronaries or triggering of an arrhythmia due to excitement,” said Aster CMI Hospital’s Dr Pradeep Kumar D.“These kinds of deaths do happen during exciting matches/emotional situations.

OMG - Worst Story Ever

I would hate to sit next to Dr Pradeep Kumar on an airplane and listen to this nonsense.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Kneejerk much??

I said nothing about the guy dying from the vaccine, although that is a distinct possibility. I was commenting on the idiotic excuse that the movie was too exciting for him.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxxAction

Well, you did author the "Dropping Like Flies" thread etc so it's a fair assumption?
edit on 20-12-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Heart attacks are always a sad affair except for private Benjamin's husband.

But jokes aside I feel sorry for this man's family, India is not the most humane society in the world especially if they are poor.

edit on 20-12-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Can't wait for a new Hellraiser to come out Snowflakes will be dropping like flies !

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I seem to remember when the Exorcist was screened in the seventies they were "dropping like flies" too.

As in fainting.

Was that the "new normal" , too?

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   

" Man dies of heart attack while watching James Cameron’s new film "

I would too if I had to Sit through an Over 2 Hour Woke CGI Galore Film with Cartoon Characters No One Identifies with or Cares About .Oh Yeah , I'm a Film Critic too.......................*)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I didn't think the first one was that big of a deal....

I wouldn't pay to see the second one.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PureBlood

Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at, it's just ridiculous, and the fact that they had to trot out a doctor to explain it is pegging my weird-sh!t-ometer.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
It's a pretty stressful action movie, so of course people can die from stress. There's no other possible root cause.

No way you'd ever watch a dramatic movie!

Dammed big pharma media, trying to cull us all, am I right?

edit on 20/12/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxxAction
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I didn't think the first one was that big of a deal....

I wouldn't pay to see the second one.

My Review of AVATAR 2 The Way Of The Water - White Humans STILL BAD .

P.S. Odds are it was a White Guy who had that Heart Attack .
edit on 20-12-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxxAction
Avatar 2: Man dies of heart attack while watching James Cameron’s new film

www.independent.co.uk...

A man in India died of a heart attack while watching James Cameron’s new film Avatar: The Way of Water.

The incident took place in the Kakinada district of southern Andhra Pradesh state where a man identified as Lakshmireddy Srinu collapsed inside a movie theatre.

As per local media reports, Srinu was with his younger brother when he collapsed in the middle of the film and was declared dead by doctors after being taken to the Peddapuram Government Hospital.

He is survived by a daughter and a son.

Speaking of this case, the director of Fortis Hospital, Noida, Dr Sanjeev Gera, told the Hindustan Times that “after Covid, there is a continuing inflammation in our blood vessels.

Now watch the explanation...

Because of stress, increase in blood pressure like what happened in this case, arteries of the heart could have ruptured and that can cause sudden cardiac arrest.”

“This may be due to a plaque rupture in the coronaries or triggering of an arrhythmia due to excitement,” said Aster CMI Hospital’s Dr Pradeep Kumar D.“These kinds of deaths do happen during exciting matches/emotional situations.

Why did they even feel the need to try to explain this?? It's just bizarre. I'm certain people have died in movie theatres at different points throughout history, so this shouldn't be that big of a deal. Seems like they're trying too hard.

maybe he was shocked that too many
white people
were playing blue aliens?

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
It's MATTER over MIND !!! ☠️

LOL, I said this to someone today and they misheard me, they thought I said, "You matter, over mine!"

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I've seen more than a few movies that made me wish I was dead rather than endure it. What bothers me most is how they have to invent fantasy worlds and superheros rather than retelling an abundant history badly in need of discovery. Our real world isn't interesting enough? Divorcing us from reality seems to be an implicit goal for the entertainment industry.

most of world's history is even more of a fairytale, considering how many lies it's made of.

also, a movie being seemingly disconnected from reality allows them to tell some truths about our reality without talking about them directly. sometimes, when those truths are dangerous, they're distorted even in the movie and you gotta figure it out yourself what does it really mean - Matrix is a prime example.

the Avatar series ain't Matrix, but it's only flashy 3D entertainment on the surface. it also has a hidden meaning, much closer perhaps to the message of Star Wars - that we're all connected. of course you can argue that all those ideas aren't new and filmmakers just borrowed them, but then why go to such lengths as to make them their primary focus. it'll fly over most people's heads anyway, so it makes no business sense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join