It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pope died on friday...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
just watching the news, as you do, and some are saying that the pope could have died on friday. the reason for this is that the vatican lied and said he was in grave health and therefore many fled to mourn. when the pope was pronounced dead at 9ish on saturday night, many people were already there to pay their respects. the implications of this is that the vatican held off saying the pope was dead to bring more people to mourn before the pope's death, thus creating the pope in a different and more popular light. finally this would mean that the cardinals would try and vote in another similar conservative pope, on the basis that this pope was so popular, loved et cetera, with the crowds already being there before he even died...hence giving the illusion he was more popular.

sounds a little far-fetched to me, i'm not sure if i got all of it right but that's what some people believe. what does anyone else think?

personally i do think the pope was dead before saturday night, however, i doubt there were any wrong doing by the vatican...they probably just wanted to wait till sunday to call the pope's death, yet decided they couldn't hold it off any longer and decided to call it on saturday night.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i believe the Pope also died on Friday, but I don't think the Vatican hid it till Saturday just to get more people out, I think they hid it because they didn't want to acknowledge that he died on April Fool's Day.

I know, i know...silly me.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
As always, it's entirely possible. But it's also just as possible that he fell gravely ill, held on for a few days, and finally died. I mean, they didn't seem too shy about saying he had a major urinary tract infection, which isn't exactly the most dignified way to go.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
He was dead on Friday but his "body" was being sustained on life support. The Vatican decided to pull the plug on Saturday at a time that was convienent for them aka no other people looking as they flipped the switch.

Just my thoughts

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
He was dead on Friday but his "body" was being sustained on life support. The Vatican decided to pull the plug on Saturday at a time that was convienent for them aka no other people looking as they flipped the switch.

Just my thoughts

Why would they do that? The Catholic Church's stance on that sort of subject is that if there is no chance of recovery, then it's best to let nature take it's course. There's also the possibility that the Pope had signed a DNR or similiar form, but since that would be personal information we may not ever hear about it.

As I said, it's entirely possible such things occurred, but it is all just speculation. The Pope wasn't the first man in history to take a couple days to die.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Just my thoughts

This is no where near the story I heard. He was with one of his closest friends, he was awake and serene, he looked out the window and quietly said "Amen". Then he passed, it was on Saturday.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If he had died on Friday, they wouldn't have been able to hold the funeral this Friday, the day of the eclipse because he has it to be held 4 - 6 days after death. Having the funeral this Friday further ties him to the De labore Solis Malachi prophecy.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sorry but he was indeed clinically dead on Friday but not technically dead as his body was connected to machines. On Saturday at some point they decided it was time.

It is all according to some pre-conceived plan we are witnessing the self fullfilling prophecy of the Vatican who is simply ensuring that the prophecy is being followed, regardless of whether or not it was naturally intended to be followed or not.

p.s. just a side note, since there is so much talk about end times, end of the world, wackos, the second coming etc. Just maybe we are about to embark on a time when all the lies and falsities that have beset man for ages will finally be shown to be just that lies and fabricated illusions meant to deceive man from the real truth.... The Fatima's the 112 Popi's, aliens, Roswell, The Resurection, evolution of man from apes, atlantis, who built the mayan empire, origins of man,, multiple religons, birds are ancient dinosaures, the existence of life on other planets. Maybe just maybe 2012 man on earth finally figures it out, that everything that he thinks he knows, he does not know. That man only knows bits and pieces and those parts have been put together to form stories about the past that simply never existed. Maybe once and for all the illusions will be lifted and man will be granted greater clarity in what his roll is in the universe and what man's connection is to earth.

The end is not near, if man wants to pursue the end to man then surely with weapon man can cause the end of mankind. But the end is not near by means which are outside of man's control. Maybe soon man will realise that fighting over religion has no point. As if fighting over something that can not be proven or disproven or even counted as being even a resemblence of the truth. Like saying you want to beat the child for eating a cookie when all the cookies are accounted for, but you insist that the child must have eaten a cookie from somewhere, even though none are missing and the child tells you that he has not eaten any cookies. And yet even though proof is right before you, you do not believe. This is man with GOD, man always wanting more proof, to be more right in one religion to have more of the answers. When everything you need is already before your eyes

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Sorry but he was indeed clinically dead on Friday but not technically dead as his body was connected to machines. On Saturday at some point they decided it was time.

It is all according to some pre-conceived plan we are witnessing the self fullfilling prophecy of the Vatican who is simply ensuring that the prophecy is being followed, regardless of whether or not it was naturally intended to be followed or not.

Exactly which prophecy is this?

Say Fatima, and I'll slap you

p.s. just a side note, since there is so much talk about end times, end of the world, wackos, the second coming etc. Just maybe we are about to embark on a time when all the lies and falsities that have beset man for ages will finally be shown to be just that lies and fabricated illusions meant to deceive man from the real truth.... The Fatima's the 112 Popi's, aliens, Roswell, The Resurection, evolution of man from apes, atlantis, who built the mayan empire, origins of man,, multiple religons, birds are ancient dinosaures, the existence of life on other planets. Maybe just maybe 2012 man on earth finally figures it out, that everything that he thinks he knows, he does not know. That man only knows bits and pieces and those parts have been put together to form stories about the past that simply never existed. Maybe once and for all the illusions will be lifted and man will be granted greater clarity in what his roll is in the universe and what man's connection is to earth.

Underlined portions to show why you have just been added to my "Nuts" list of ATS members. I mean, you seriously think those are conspiracies or lies of some sort?

Note, you may be nuts, but you do make some good points

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
i believe the Pope also died on Friday, but I don't think the Vatican hid it till Saturday just to get more people out, I think they hid it because they didn't want to acknowledge that he died on April Fool's Day.

I know, i know...silly me.

I think you're right too. I thought maybe the church wouldn't like that. I sure that is what happened.

top topics

join