It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Revive 48,500-Year-Old "ZOMBIE VIRUS" Buried In Ice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yep. They finally (or is it already) went there...

GLOBAL WARMING COVID OR SOMETHING ZOMBIE PLAGUE!!!

The thawing of ancient permafrost due to climate change may pose a new threat to humans, according to researchers who revived nearly two dozen viruses - including one frozen under a lake more than 48,500 years ago.

European researchers examined ancient samples collected from permafrost in the Siberia region of Russia. They revived and characterized 13 new pathogens, what they termed "zombie viruses," and found that they remained infectious despite spending many millennia trapped in the frozen ground.

Scientists have long warned that the thawing of permafrost due to atmospheric warming will worsen climate change by freeing previously trapped greenhouse gases like methane. But its effect on dormant pathogens is less well understood.
www.ndtv.com...

I swear these fountainheads are trying to eat all of our brains.

As usual, how to one-up this one?

edit on 6-12-2022 by godsovein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Just because we can doesn't mean that we should.

The egos of scientists have caused enough misery and carnage on this planet. Why can't they just have some humanity!?

Abused minds, genius intellects + unlimited funds and carte-blanchè immunity, does not make for a considered approach.

Pure hubris.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

Of course they did.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

So was the name “zombie” virus really needed?

Couldn’t they have called it super duper death virus or something else just as scary sounding?

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There was an Advanced Civilization Pre- The last Ice age .

Said Civilization disappeared leaving barely a trace .

Viruses from said Ice-Age are being found and " Revived " .

Dots connect Ancient extinct civilization + Ancient extinct Viruses = These scientist are going to kill us all .

edit on 6-12-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: godsovein

As usual, how to one-up this one?

Easy. Do gain-of-function research on it, in the middle of a major population center...

Imagine what was re-released at the end of the last ice age; life managed to survive that. Difference is we weren't there looking for new toys to play with.
edit on 6-12-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

"Revive"

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   
They're setting up the "reasons" and backstories for a soon to be real "quademic" ☠️☠️

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I’m waiting for the “they have to thaw it so they can create a cure for it” crowd to chime in. Humans never seem to want to learn.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   
G** Da**it! ****

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yeah I mentioned this as possibility….. as a post in another thread. I’m happy to see some writings in that regard. Thanks OP.

Awakening ancient viruses….could definitely be in the mix, if not now, then not to far in the future.

Buckle Up folks…..this will be an “E-Ticket” ride! (for those that still remember)

Movies have been done on the ancient virus released premise i.e. Lethal Virus (2021) The climate change has released an ancient rabies virus trapped in the Antarctica ice etc etc.

We are living in the realities of fictional movies … don’t you know.

👽
edit on 6-12-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
What are they going to try and infect with it first? Lab rats or right to human trials? How do they study it if they dont know what it does? I believe certain fearless leaders should pioneer this unknown and volunteer for the “new jab” you know to help humanity and all that.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There are more than enough idiots in this world that would line up to be injected with The Zombie Virus.

Advert.

Come along and get the new experimental jab.
It may turn you into a real dead Zombie.
Be the envy of your friends.
You may get a super power from it, the ability to infect everyone else.
For participating in this trial we will generously give you 25 vouchers for Happy Meals.
Yes folks ... 25 happy meals just for participating.
No need to book, just turn up.
666 Lucifer Drive, LA California.

P

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Here's what I really, really don't like about this.

Ancient people would have had a massive advantage in regards to virus' and bacteria. Their diet was insanely enriching (when food wasn't scarce) and they had ZERO pollutants.

They would be considered super human to us now, it then stands to reason that the viruses and illnesses that they suffered with would have been so much more effective and strong. The virus was competing with superior genetics and a MUCH harsher environment (pollution not withstanding).

This is all round a bad idea.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

It's considered a "Zombie" because after 10K years + it hasn't died. It's just been dormant. The illness itself that the virus creates is undetermined. That said. Humans have had 10K+ of evolution and adaptation. As a result, we have no protection against these diseases. It's kind of like when Europe came to North & South America. Most of the Indians didn't die of war, they died due to illness as they had no natural immunity to the European diseases.

The scare is that if these viruses cause a pandemic, it will burn through quickly and not be able to be contained. Hence the fear of them. With China being so close to the permafrost in Siberia, and the USA to Canada and its permafrost, the concern is that they could be the initial vector to spread worldwide.

Camain

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I’m starting to see why aliens wanted certain dna, we’re clearly going to destroy ourselves. I’d still rather never come back here after death.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

I’ve often contemplated………the earth being a living biosphere that it is…..humanity is In itself..a virus …upon the earth.

We kill the planet and in so doing we kill ourselves.

Jus thinkin

👽

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Just like Greta predicted eh

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is not good. Is this why the Russian military put a Z on everything?

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is not good. Is this why the Russian military put a Z on everything?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join