It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So out of nowhere my dog died tonight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nokternus

No covid jabs in this house, so I'm confident in ruling that out.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So sorry for your loss. We lost both of our pups within one year of each other. Terrible loss when there's nothing you can do for them except help them cross the rainbow bridge peacefully.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your loss. I would be curious to know what he had eating if anything prior. Maybe possibly poisoned? Especially around farm area's maybe he got a mouse and it just ate some rat poison. My uncle and I discovered a really sick cat that we didn't think he was going to make it. I actually gave him a tiny bit of some human Ipecac syrup. I was certain he was near death and not going to make it, I forced it down his throat. He thrown up something gross, but I am certain it saved his life. After a rough night and by morning he was up and running around happy and well. Some old farm sheds I have found DDT still sitting around in glass jars that stuff is super toxic and kills up the food chain. So anything that is poisoned by DDT is going to die and anything that eats that animal dead or alive is going to die. Bugs poisoned by the DDT kill the animal eating the bug. It's some toxic stuff.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
My condolences for your loss.

It's always rough to lose a companion, but to lose one unexpectedly like that can be very hard to deal with.

My best to your and yours.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sean

Yeah I thought about something like that at first, but there's really no poisonous plants or substances anywhere near where he could go. We live in a fairly nice suburban neighborhood and we have a fenced dog run with not much in it but DG and a couple of Giant Bird of Paradise plants. He's never shown the plants any interest, they're both literally as tall as trees with nothing really for him to chew on.
Thanks for the kind words, not having definitive answers is the worst. The Vet assured us that his condition was not uncommon in larger breeds, especially at his age. We pray we took the best path but we'll never truly know for sure.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm so sorry, that just sucks, no two ways about it. I work at an animal hospital and see things like this often and it is heartbreaking every single time. Rest assured that you did what was right for Odin, even if it was hard for your heart. I pray his memories will bring you some level of comfort.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A dog's love is forever. I'm so sorry your buddy passed. Losing a fur buddy is the worst.

R.I.P., Odin. Hope you are getting lots of doggie biscuits in Vahalla. Please watch over your human. He misses you.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Judging by an endless number of near death experiencers’ accounts, all Odin has done is gone to wait excitedly for you on the other side. The real side. And he is just lookin out the window tail wagging till you get to him. He doesn’t even know the difference.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss. I grew up with German shepherds, even as a man with autism and a slight touch of dyslexia i still feel sad when a loved family pet departs this world. Odin had a good life was well looked after and cared for and if you find once you've had enough time letting go of your loved one because they really do become a part of the family another dog to keep the other young one company would be worthwhile then i hope you find the perfect dog for your family.

I also grew up with Siamese cats and as annoying as they are i miss hearing the constant irritating meow for food they often make lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Sorry for bumping the thread, but I’d like to drop in and say that I'm so sorry to hear about your dog's passing. Losing a furry friend can be incredibly tough, and it's totally normal to feel saddened by it. It's amazing how deeply our pets touch our lives, and the bond we share with them is truly special. On a related note, I actually have a dog too, and I can understand how worrying it can be when we think about their well-being. If anyone here would need any tips or recommendations for ensuring your dog's happy well-being, I've found cutepetcare.com to be a fantastic resource. They provide useful insights and recommendations that I often use in taking care of my own furry friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join