It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nation's Largest Centre For Historical RecordsOn UFOs To Be Established In New Mexico.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

On a scale of 1 to 10 of something gone horriibly wrong lets just say I found the 100 level.
Appreciate the links you dropped!

I wasn't ranting!
If we'd been slugging back a couple of cold ones at a pub and chatting I'd of said the same thing! Unfortunately I've never had filters & it being damned difficult for tone to come across in typing I shouldn't be surprised my thoughts came across as "rant-ish".

I get pretty passionate when ever misinformation gets institutionalized as fact. Especially if it's possibile to to stop that train wreck from happening. Altho at this point I'm sure we're going to be dealing with this slow motion ufo/uap train wreck long after I die.

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

I get pretty passionate when ever misinformation gets institutionalized as fact.

As I do amigo - and always respect your content.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

On a scale of 1 to 10 of something gone horriibly wrong lets just say I found the 100 level.
Appreciate the links you dropped!

I wasn't ranting!
If we'd been slugging back a couple of cold ones at a pub and chatting I'd of said the same thing! Unfortunately I've never had filters & it being damned difficult for tone to come across in typing I shouldn't be surprised my thoughts came across as "rant-ish".

I get pretty passionate when ever misinformation gets institutionalized as fact. Especially if it's possibile to to stop that train wreck from happening. Altho at this point I'm sure we're going to be dealing with this slow motion ufo/uap train wreck long after I die.

No worries and lovely words there dude - would love to be in a pub chatting with you about this subject (and the big man).

Actually meant to post this historical video about documents (but the CIA Hansen one is also well worth a watch.. in fact it's a winner).

There's nothing wrong with a good rant now and again lol.

edit on 9-12-2022 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Since this thread is about amassing large numbers of UFO reports….I thought it fitting to add this new book that is about several UFO reports/cases.

Book titled “Stories From Somewhere In The Skies” by Ryan Sprague

Stories of UFO encounters on display in new book

“It is in their own words without any interruptions or interjections by me,” notes Sprague, who is also a regular contributor to History Channel’s “Ancient Aliens” and CW’s “Mysteries Decoded.” Sprague, who has been a UFO researcher for 25 years after having his own sighting as a young teen, stitches together a fascinating collection of accounts of UFO sightings and experiences that span continents. “From a bubbling black blob that ascends into the air in Scotland to a humanoid figure engulfed in flames hovering in the middle of a military installation in the Outback of Australia, we are not dealing with just a singular mystery here,” Sprague says of something he’s come to realize with this new book.

A book with a collection of incidents as this should be added to the National Center as well ….I reckon.

👽
edit on 13-5-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Another one for the Center…….

A 244 page Dissertation

Reliable Witnesses, Crackpot Science: Ufo Investigations In Cold War America, 1947-1977

Abstract This dissertation explores efforts to design and execute scientific studies of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) in the United States in the midst of the Cold War as a means of examining knowledge creation and the construction of scientific authority and credibility around controversial subjects. I begin by placing officially- sanctioned, federally-funded UFO studies in their appropriate context as a Cold War national security project, specifically a project of surveillance and observation, built on traditional arrangements within the military- industrial-academic complex. I then show how non-traditional elements of the investigations – the reliance on non-expert witnesses to report transient phenomena – created space for dissent, both within the scientific establishment and among the broader American public. By placing this dissent within the larger social and political instability of the mid-20th century, this dissertation highlights the deep ties between scientific knowledge production and the social value and valence of professional expertise, as well as the power of experiential expertise in challenging formal, hegemonic institutions.

👽

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Nation's Largest Centre For Historical RecordsOn UFOs To Be Established In New Mexico.

What a great idea. I wonder who is putting up the money for the Albuquerque building archiving all the records; TTSA, Bigalow, Zondo, MUFON, NIDS, G. Noory, Linda Molton Howe....

It could be a great place for lectures, ufo conventions, video presentations, brewpub and a gift shop where you can purchase all the coffee cups, T-shirts, Posters, jewelery, books, CDs, Blow up alien dolls, tinfoil hats, comfy pillows, NFTs, etc. your little heart desires, just like down in Roswell.

edit on 15-5-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sounds alot like the UFO Museum in Roswell. That's a fun visit.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   
edit on 19-8-2023 by karl 12 because: Wrong video

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join