It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple fatalities and injuries reported in shooting at a Virginia Walmart

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

welp... 'workplace violence' rears its head again...

there was no reason to point out the shooter was 'black'
being a night manager was interesting fact though

i await further news on the incident...to reveal the whys it happened

Has CNN edited a picture of him to make him seem more light skinned yet?

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Here is another Tweet from an understandably hysterical employee that said he waited for employees to go into the break room before he opened fire.

twitter.com...

They are claiming he was a 31 year old black guy named Andre Bing, a night manager there.

twitter.com...

Right wing extremists strike again. When are we going to sentence Donald Trump to death for inciting these murders?!

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

welp... 'workplace violence' rears its head again...

there was no reason to point out the shooter was 'black'
being a night manager was interesting fact though

i await further news on the incident...to reveal the whys it happened

Yes, rates of violence among night manager's are much higher per capita than when compared to day managers

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Considering his power over the victims and where he was good thing he choose the less effective method

Really this guy had the opportunity to kill 100s if not 1000s if he wanted to without having to even bring in a single thing from outside the store

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Shooting people should be illegaller. That'll fix the problem.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So you're telling me that the all-powerful deep state hasn't figured out how to take a single gun away from law-abiding citizens in decades at this point? Pretty lousy deep state if you ask me.

I thought the whole point of taking guns away was to prevent an insurrection and make it easier for the deep state to take more control? I guess they'd rather make it harder on themselves once that time finally comes around. Just stage mass shootings so that people will buy more guns so that the whole agenda is moot!

Do they prefer making it harder on themselves? Because that's what gun grabbing logic seems to point towards. Seems like they're working against their own interests by goading people into buying guns over and over again. Weird.
edit on 23-11-2022 by Drakeonian83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drakeonian83
a reply to: TheRedneck

So you're telling me that the all-powerful deep state hasn't figured out how to take a single gun away from law-abiding citizens in decades at this point? Pretty lousy deep state if you ask me.

I thought the whole point of taking guns away was to prevent an insurrection and make it easier to take more control? I guess they'd rather make it harder on themselves once that time finally comes around. Just stage mass shootings so that people will buy more guns so that the whole point is moot!

Do they prefer making it harder on themselves? Because that's what gun grabbing logic seems to point towards. Seems like they're working against their own interests by goading people into buying guns over and over again. Weird.

If you'll do the slightest bit of research, you'll find many instances of gun confiscation from law abiding citizens. There have also been numerous cases of citizens being shot down during no-knock red flag seizures.

As to your other points, if the looney, repressive left can correlate the number of safely and legally owned firearms with the amount of over-reported and over-sensationalized shooting that occur, they can feel justified in enacting draconian laws that trample on the rights of all law abiding Americans.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

I was being a little sensational when I said they haven't taken a single gun. Of course they have, but a gun taken away here and there isn't the same thing as a mass gun grab. That's what people constantly refer to when they talk about a gun grab, not Bob down the street having his gun taken away.

Them staging all these mass shootings is only making it harder on themselves once the supposed mass scale gun grab happens. They know that higher gun sales correlate with mass shootings, how could they not?

Why would they continue to stage them when they know it causes reactionary gun purchases?

What's the point of the gun grab again? I may have the wrong idea of what it's purpose would be. To make it easier for a power grab, right? Less resistance. Well, they're complete idiots because mass shootings almost always end up with gun sales skyrocketing.
edit on 23-11-2022 by Drakeonian83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drakeonian83
a reply to: Moon68

I was being a little sensational when I said they haven't taken a single gun. Of course they have, but a gun taken away here and there isn't the same thing as a mass gun grab. That's what people constantly refer to when they talk about a gun grab, not Bob down the street having his gun taken away.

Them staging all these mass shootings is only making it harder on themselves once the supposed mass scale gun grab happens. They know that higher gun sales correlate with mass shootings, how could they not?

Why would they continue to stage them when they know it causes reactionary gun purchases?

What's the point of the gun grab again? I may have the wrong idea of what it's purpose would be. To make it easier for a power grab, right? Less resistance. Well, they're complete idiots because mass shootings almost always end up with gun sales skyrocketing.

It starts with Bob down the street. Then it's Maggie at the other end of the street. Then it's Betty and Michael from 2 blocks over. The next thing you know, there's not a firearm to be found in the whole county.

I've never insinuated that TPTB has staged a mass shooting. Is it possible? I don't doubt that but I can't say it's happened. What I do see is that when a tragedy like this happens it gets tons and tons of air time. Follow all that airtime with a graphic of 500m firearms in the U.S. and the attempted correlation is that all these guns mean more violence. That is just not true at all. Correlation does not equal causation.

Are they idiots? Yes they are, just not complete idiots. You invariably have calls for banning scary, black guns when something happens like this but those are usually just noise. Then you have unelected bureaucrats writing and stealth altering policies that can turn a law-abiding gunowner into a felon with a stroke of a keyboard. Redefining what's a pistol or an SBR, acceptable lengths and decibel levels for a suppressor, length requirements to have a VFG.

If TPTB can make illegal or neuter firearms to the point that there's absolutely no threat of a citizenry being able to stand up against it then it's effectively the same as a complete ban and they've won.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Drakeonian83

So you're telling me that the all-powerful deep state hasn't figured out how to take a single gun away from law-abiding citizens in decades at this point?

Oh, they have. Several ways, in fact, with the "red flag laws" (like the one in effect in Virginia where this shooting happened) being the latest one.

Problem is, it is difficult to take someone's gun away when they have a legal right to have it, they consider it important to their own self-defense, and they are holding the defensive position. I dare you to walk up to someone in a local gun show and try to take their gun away.

On the other hand, no, belay that. I don't want to see you turned into something resembling rotten Swiss cheese.

Most people are law-abiding. In the recent gun buy-backs, people have actually turned in thousands of dollars worth of their guns in exchange for a couple hundred bucks. The problem is not these people who are buying guns every time there's a new call for a gun-grab; those who are the problem, we already have ours (well, those who didn't lose all their guns in a boating accident, anyway); we don't need any more. The people who are buying guns out of panic are not gun enthusiasts and will typically surrender their self-protection if a law is passed.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Drakeonian83

That's what people constantly refer to when they talk about a gun grab, not Bob down the street having his gun taken away.

I guess I'm not a "people" then? If they can grab Bob's gun, they can grab mine. Also, should I ever have to use mine, I want Bob backing me up, not sitting helplessly on the sideline.

Every single law-abiding person that has their guns taken is another chink in the armor of society. One less person who can stand up to tyranny. That's why gun grab laws are increasing in certain (liberal) areas... there's already so few people who own guns that authorities can pick off the few with guns one by one.

Around these parts, it is just assumed that every house has at least one gun in it and everyone living there knows how to use it. A gun is as much a part of setting up housekeeping as having a table to eat on. It is assumed that there is a very good chance that everyone one might meet walking down the street has a gun on their person and is likely very good at using it. Only in the larger cities can one see that changing, and the larger cities are where most of the gun violence takes place.

This is also the state where come January 1, we won't even require a permit to carry a firearm. Kinda sucks in a way, because then my permit will only be good for ID. We also have sheriffs openly saying they will not enforce any law that infringes on a gun owner's rights.

Amazing how that happens: less guns = more gun crime and more attempts to disarm the general population. More guns = less crime and less attempts to disarm the population.

Back in the 1970s, when I was in public school, the school parking lot had more than its share of pickup trucks parked out back. The vast majority of those pickup trucks, owned by students, had gun racks in the rear window. Most of those gun racks held rifles and shotguns. Almost all were kept loaded. In addition, quite a few of the cars parked out back had pistols under the seat. Care to know what the big discipline problem was back then? Smoking in the bathroom.

Now, today, we have schools expelling children for just drawing a picture of a water gun, protests over guns happening regularly, schools threatening action against a child in remote learning inadvertently having his BB gun on the wall in the screen, police searches of vehicles, and more gun control laws... the big discipline problem is school shootings. Now, would you care to explain that little conundrum to me?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join