It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get on the gravy train, come to Victoria straya be paid for 5 days work only 4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Here is a really lame policy by Dan Andrews, to get us into more debt.

Come and work for a state government department and work 4 days be paid for 5.

We are economically doomed if Andrews wins this election.

m.youtube.com...

edit on 14-11-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Whilst I’m in no way an advocate whatsoever of Dan Andrews, when companies and organisations have been touting a 4 day work week it generally involves condensing the 38 hour work week in to 4 days.

I wish my employer would get onboard, I’d love a three day weekend every week.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I wouldn’t mind doing extra hours to get a day of, work a ten hour day for tour to get a day off.

Though if the expectation is work your 8 hours a day total 32 hours, and get a day off this is a kick in the teeth.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Oh yeah, if it’s government employees working 4 days for the pay of 5 I’d be absolutely livid. They already only do about 1.8 days of work in their 5 day weeks.

I work the equivalent of 6 with the extra hours I put in. For me personally the problem would be that my customers (businesses) would still be working 5 - 7 days a week so the phone wouldn’t stop ringing nor emails piling up in the inbox.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The US works too much anyway and after the 30 hour mark, the returns diminish. Personally, I would take a 30 hour, 3 day.

While I couldn't care if a state or federal government crumbles, from a statists standpoint folks are still not as ready to pull the trigger on the whole work thing lol. Just about every business around me is pleading for workers.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I worked at a place that had a 9-80 schedule - work 9 days and put in your 80 hours. I think it was the best of both worlds.

You work 9 hour days M-T then work an 8 hour Friday on the first week of your pay period. Then on the second week you work 9 hours a day for 4 days and get the fifth day off. To avoid having too many people off at the same time each department scheduled half their people for Friday off and the other half for Monday off.

You end up with a 3 day weekend every other week and never have to put in more than 9 hours a day.

new topics

top topics

join