It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture and End Times Hyjinx

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Consider you are at your job, and the guy that others would consider to be a "Jesus Freak" just disapears.. The Rapture happened, you weren't taken, what would you do?

Me and co-workers were talking about this, and what I would do if people where I work, just vanished infront of me, leaving their clothes, wallets, medical implants laying on the ground, I drop what ever I was doing and leave work. Go home, grab some stuff and stuff like my computer, TV and sell it or try to sell it.

In a large city were I live in San Diego, Thousands of people would be missing, I don't know about people's personal salvation, so It would be very hard to estimate how many would be Raptured. but I would say it would be in the Thousands.

Criminals would likely raid places like city churches, Christian schools and Christian residence.

The Government agencies would be in panic mode trying to figure-out what is going on.

What would you do?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There is not going to be a ''Rapture'' people just dissappearing out of the blue......

Rapture was a persons interpretation of what it truly means.......because of this one person many accepted it as truth.......
helen....

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
there will be a rapture, it will just be at the end of the tribulation when Jesus comes down.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I just imagine the situation at the office:

(at the coffee machine, me and that other guy talking to each other):

Echtelion: "Hey Budd, what the hell happened with that Jesus-freak guy who used to raise his arms and yell at people for no reason, and he was spouting weird crap about the end of the world and..."

Budd: "Oh yeah... THAT guy! Well Eck... Ya know what? Suzie heard yesterday... 'coz she's her neighbor, that the guy had just vanished while he was on his balcony! All his clothes were still there, and the stereo was still playing... That's crazy, man! And I just saw that on drudge this morning... there's like tons of people... like thousands, who just vanished like that! Man that's huge!"

Echtelion: "You're kidding, man. That's bull#." (picking his nose)

Budd: "No kidding! Just ask her... and have a look on the web too. All these religious freaks say that it's the end of days and that these people are being taken away by God, and the people who stay here are one the side of the Beast, and they're being left behind... Sh-t, can you believe that!?"

Echtelion: "(sighs) Okay... so I guess we're all doomed, then..." (finishes his coffee cup apathetically)

Supervisor: "Awww... get back to work, sheeps!" (he seems ironic, but that's not very obvious)

Budd: "Yeah... right. (sighs)"

(then the two sheeps go back to work, never figuring out that they are actually going back to their daily enslavement of working for the empire of the Beast)

[edit on 6/4/05 by Echtelion]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think the "end times" spouted by the Christians is interpreted wrong. It is not about the end of the world, just the the end of the Christian belief.

How many times have you heard Christians say that they are persecuted for their beliefs? This is tied into that mentality, because they feel that their belief is under attack. The end time is just a continuation of that psychosis.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I guess if I see alot of people disappear, I'll apologize and convert.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
QUOTE////////The Rapture’s supporters derive their opinions ultimately from a single Scripture verse, I Thessalonians 4:17, "Then we who are left alive will be carried off together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord." Less popular but often cited is Matthew 24:40-42, "Then there will be two in the field. One will be taken and the other left. Two will be grinding at the mill. One will be taken and the other left. Therefore, be vigilant, for you do not know on what day your Lord will come."

The paragraph which contains the first verse quoted above, I Thessalonians 4:17, forms the Epistle reading for funerals in Orthodox worship. The passage begins with 4:13. In preceding verses St. Paul has spoken of the necessity for holiness of life and for brotherly love among Christians (4:1-12). With verse 13 he turns to another topic, the fate of Christians after death.
www.orthodoxphotos.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985
Consider you are at your job, and the guy that others would consider to be a "Jesus Freak" just disapears.. The Rapture happened, you weren't taken, what would you do?

Me and co-workers were talking about this, and what I would do if people where I work, just vanished infront of me, leaving their clothes, wallets, medical implants laying on the ground, I drop what ever I was doing and leave work. Go home, grab some stuff and stuff like my computer, TV and sell it or try to sell it.

In a large city were I live in San Diego, Thousands of people would be missing, I don't know about people's personal salvation, so It would be very hard to estimate how many would be Raptured. but I would say it would be in the Thousands.

Criminals would likely raid places like city churches, Christian schools and Christian residence.

The Government agencies would be in panic mode trying to figure-out what is going on.

What would you do?

Wait, if people vanished from work and were taken up to heaven and you were left behind...the first thing you would do is sell your T.V.?!?!?!

Please explain this....?!?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The rapture has started, the dead have already risen, and formed a band, The Grateful Dead. Now they are growing in strengths as records sales indicate, as they gather from city to city, rejoicing in the dead.

Repent now, the end is nigh.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
The Rapture’s supporters derive their opinions ultimately from a single Scripture verse, I Thessalonians 4:17, "Then we who are left alive will be carried off together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord." Less popular but often cited is Matthew 24:40-42, "Then there will be two in the field. One will be taken and the other left. Two will be grinding at the mill. One will be taken and the other left. Therefore, be vigilant, for you do not know on what day your Lord will come."

It's nice to see substance in these topics once in a while not derived from a Tim LaHaye science fiction novel.

Since this is speculating about end times hyjinx though, and purely subject to interpretation (including if such a thing as a Rapture even exits), why would an "instant" be an instant anyway? Why would the bodies be taken? Why would it even be obvious? I read Stephen King's The Stand much like a Rapture allegory, and that was a plague taking most of the world. You could even view the news much the same way. A plague like AIDS taking most of a continent like Africa (even over decades), is rapturous. A tsunami taking your island in an instant is rapturous. I'm sure there have been times over the past 15 years that being in Bagdhad under US fire seemed pretty rapturous too.

What's death, but "rapture" anyway? Two in the field and one taken. Heart attack? Why not? It's the nature of us. You never know your time, and survivors are left to wonder.

Then those left will be taken off together. Meteor strike? Why not? The dinosaurs got "raptured" like that.

Rapturous analogy is old. Old. The story of Atlantis. The great flood. Any and all kinds of "cleansing." Hey, when it happens to someone else, it's "cleansing" right? But when it happens to us, that's "rapture."

Perspective.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
hhhmmmm i'm a believer. spent too many years in church NOT to believe at the end..............god's people will be removed and those left behind will be facing terrible circumstances...............of which NONE i can remember at this time........

i gotta go read my bible before i make more statements.

angie

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think we're all in trouble, check this link out

swiftreport.blogs.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The rapture on a large scale is bogus. Doesn't really make any sense. I love the story that guy wrote on this thread.. had me giggling like a little school girl!

Think of life like this.

Devil - Wants to kill and destroy as much of the earth as he can, humans are his greatest prize. The best way to do that is to deceive slightly on biblical truths. A change here, a change there. It will all seem ok, but really they will all be deceived.

The thing about being deceived is that you do not know that you are deceived. Even deceived people will say, 'What the hell, I'm not deceived'. But being deceived is like being asleep. You do not know your asleep while you are asleep. When you wake up you know you were asleep but you are not any more.

Much like once you find out what the truth is, then you will not be deceived anymore.

The devil is full of false doctrine, trying to deceive as many people as he can.

God - On the other hand, there is God. He (if you believe the Bible) has present some basic truths there that have not changed over thousands of years, i.e. the 10 commandments.

rapture, is it a truth, hardly. Will it deceive people into thinking they will be whisked up to heaven.. you bet. What is the biggest selling christian book in the States? Some fantasy christian book!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Rant.....Firstly thank you.....

I only quoted from the web site ....so in honest truth, This is not my work.......

My intention was not to fraudulently try and make this my own .....
Thats all...
helen....

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985
so It would be very hard to estimate how many would be Raptured. but I ould say it would be in the Thousands.

I think that the story is that its 144,000 exactly. So thats, what, a small fraction of a single percent of the world's population no? I'd suspect infact that if it did happen, no one would ever notice. How many people are currently missing right now? Much more that 144k.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I'd suspect infact that if it did happen, no one would ever notice. How many people are currently missing right now? Much more that 144k.

That is the same thing I was thinking about it, every day people disappear walk away from their families and friends.

So who is to say that "the chosen ones" has not been taken away already.

In my opinion the "Rapture" is just another way to have people hook to believes that some are exploiting for personal benefits.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I dont believe in vanashing as that would be against the laws of nature at least as we know it. Altrough it could also mean that we are somehow transformed into energy. Or god just changed the laws of nature for a sec.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
QUOTE////////The Rapture’s supporters derive their opinions ultimately from a single Scripture verse, I Thessalonians 4:17,

Ummm... no there's more than one verse that tells of the rapture and that it is before the tribulation. This certainly won't be all of them, since I'm doing this from memory quickly before I go to sleep, but here are some:

2 Thessalonians ch. 2
Luke 21:36
Acts 14:14-17
Matthew 16:18 (the rock is that Christ is the savior)
Matthew 24:22&24
Mark 13:20
Luke 21:28
Revelation 3:10

Colossians 3:12 & Revelation 1:5-6, 3:8, 4:1, 4:4, 5:8-10(all in conjunction together)

1 Thessalonians 5:9
Titus 2:13

There is way more than one.

[edit on 15-4-2005 by dbrandt]

top topics

join