It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CSIS - CCP Has Been Interfering in Canadian Elections

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Interference with elections by China? Or is this the setup to steal the next election?

I've been saying for awhile now that we are witnessing a global leftist takeover. Is China helping that come to fruition?

Much like in the U.S. where everything is Russia, Russia, Russia, we have our boogie man here, China, China, China, well at the same time our PM praises their "system" and loves their form of government.

I think they are KNOWINGLY having China come in through the back-door and help steal our elections.

Canadian intelligence officials have warned Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that China has allegedly been targeting Canada with a vast campaign of foreign interference, which includes funding a clandestine network of at least 11 federal candidates running in the 2019 election, according to Global News sources.
Global

Based on recent information from the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), those efforts allegedly involve payments through intermediaries to candidates affiliated with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), placing agents into the offices of MPs in order to influence policy, seeking to co-opt and corrupt former Canadian officials to gain leverage in Ottawa, and mounting aggressive campaigns to punish Canadian politicians whom the People’s Republic of China (PRC) views as threats to its interests.

Canada hasn't been the "good guy" for quite some time and it wouldn't be out of order to say I think our government is working with China to get election results, knowingly defrauding our own people.

“The Chinese Communist Party … is using all elements of state power to carry out activities that are a direct threat to our national security and sovereignty,” CSIS stated.

Sources close to this situation say they are revealing details from the 2022 briefs to give Canadians a clearer understanding of China’s attacks on Canada’s democratic system. Out of fear of retribution, they have asked their names be withheld.

Hopefully we learn more from CSIS, though they usually don't tell us much and when they do, we have no idea if it's the truth or more propaganda.

Global Leftist Takeover?

I've also included CSIS - Threats to National Security Report: HERE

edit on 11/8/2022 by MykeNukem because: 🍻

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Between cyber theft and crime coupled with buying politicians and influencers the CCP/China has a working road map for their end goals. One saving grace is China with their authoritarian regime is having problems of their own.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Between cyber theft and crime coupled with buying politicians and influencers the CCP/China has a working road map for their end goals. One saving grace is China with their authoritarian regime is having problems of their own.

I'm just wondering if our politicians are working WITH them to sway our elections, well at the same time pretending to oppose them.

It would be a handy setup to have them interfere from outside, that way our politicians can keep their hands clean.

Agreed, I think they'll be distracted for the next couple years at least. Maybe not distracted enough for my tastes though, lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   
like the Americans during their ascendancy its really not surprising the CCP controls a number of parties, electons and institutions in the west.. given the way Canada has turned of late you can clearly see the influence on their politics and thinking..

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Classic schoolyard scenario, the bullies are getting outsmarted by the nerds...

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
like the Americans during their ascendancy its really not surprising the CCP controls a number of parties, electons and institutions in the west.. given the way Canada has turned of late you can clearly see the influence on their politics and thinking..

I agree for the most part but I think it's even worse than that. I think our politicians are working with them willingly.

Stuff like this is happening globally, like almost ALL countries in the West. If it isn't some outside country stealing our elections, then the lefties just do it on their own, lol.

Global election fraud is my theory. This is just one aspect IMO.

The release of this information on U.S. election day is NOT a coincidence either. The lefties in the U.S. will take care of the cheating there which I hope they fail at for all our sakes.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem
I read about this yesterday,and thought it was thread worthy.
Look at Chairman Justine-he is just loving this on the quiet.

" I think it's even worse than that. I think our politicians are working with them willingly.

Stuff like this is happening globally, like almost ALL countries in the West"

And that is exactly what I thought.

We are supposed to think all this China encroachment/subversion of democratic countries is incompetence on the part of our governments?

NOTHING in politics is an accident.

Secret chinese police stations in multiple western nations,bought up/compromised polticans-and a lock step operation to force the once free world into a CCP style social/medical/carbon credit system of control.

This is not incompetence-this is design.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Link mate

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Silcone Synapse
We are supposed to think all this China encroachment/subversion of democratic countries is incompetence on the part of our governments?

NOTHING in politics is an accident.

Secret chinese police stations in multiple western nations,bought up/compromised polticans-and a lock step operation to force the once free world into a CCP style social/medical/carbon credit system of control.

This is not incompetence-this is design.

Yessir.

I'd rather it WAS incompetence.

Funny how the outcome of their supposed "incompetence" always gets them just what they want...

Yeah we notice, we see you.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Link mate

Fixed.

Thanks for making me aware of that.

First coffee still, lmao.

I added a link to a CSIS Report too.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You might find this interesting you can go down the rabbit hole.
Project sidewinder:

en.wikipedia.org...

Back in 1997 when Chinese influence was heating up in Canada, with organized crime and the RCMP were basicslly covering it up.
For a while now I've been putting off digging more into it but keep forgetting! This thread reminded me of it.

As for the topic at hand, no doubt China has been trying to influence elections, it benefits them greatly since they have direct port influence on the weat coast. Gotta keep the trade agreements flowing.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Foreign interference activities in Canada continue to be sophisticated, persistent, and pervasive. Active targets of these activities include institutions at all levels of government as well as private sector organizations, civil society groups, and Canadian communities. Foreign interference undermines Canada’s democratic institutions and the intimidation or coercion of communities in Canada by hostile state actors constitutes a threat to Canada’s social cohesion, sovereignty, and national security. In July 2021, CSIS issued a public report entitled “Foreign Interference: Threats to Canada’s Democratic Process” as part of ongoing efforts to protect democratic institutions and processes and to increase awareness among Canadians on this important threat. Foreign interference directed at Canada’s democratic institutions and processes, at all levels of government, can be an effective way for a foreign state to achieve its immediate, medium, and long term strategic objectives. As the world has become smaller and more competitive, foreign states seek to leverage all elements of state power to advance their own national interests and position themselves in a rapidly evolving geopolitical environment.

I would think ALL countries are doing exactly what they describe here.

The problem is when we're doing it to OURSELVES to undermine our own "democracy".

It's happening globally and it's never conservative, it always leads to "progressive" movement forward.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You might find this interesting you can go down the rabbit hole.
Project sidewinder:

en.wikipedia.org...

Back in 1997 when Chinese influence was heating up in Canada, with organized crime and the RCMP were basicslly covering it up.
For a while now I've been putting off digging more into it but keep forgetting! This thread reminded me of it.

As for the topic at hand, no doubt China has been trying to influence elections, it benefits them greatly since they have direct port influence on the weat coast. Gotta keep the trade agreements flowing.

Thanks, I'll dive into that later for sure.

What you said about China is of course dead on, but what worries me is that our politicians are embracing China and working with them to subvert the people.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   

quite agree and if you understand its western especially north American roots you can see how they could come to link to the CCP..

it tracks back to the English civil war and uptight nature of puritan levellers and diggers created a less well-known puritan spin off called Ranterism who promoted what some call libertarian communism where sin becomes a sacrament..

from here its easy to see Orwells take on 1984 is a fear of the levellers and diggers while Huxleys brave new world represents the fear of the Ranters and libertarian communism.

the thing is both alongside the CCP end at the same form of neo feudalism only the Wests libertarian communism is more a threat to China than China is a threat to the West.. the CCP has no defence against libertarian communism.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Link mate

Fixed.

I was frothing my morning cup to help my hangover and kept scrolling up and down that I spilled some.
Good thread though even though we don't really see eye to eye.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Link mate

Fixed.

I was frothing my morning cup to help my hangover and kept scrolling up and down that I spilled some.
Good thread though even though we don't really see eye to eye.

Everyone's welcome to state their opinion, bro.

I'd like to hear what ya think about it or why I'm offside at least.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   

We never had these worries when we the west went to install sock puppet governments around the world...
It prolly is a mix between blackmail and good money that made us so effective, but as history shows it won't last long and it won't end well.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Judging from the article it might not even be the politicians themselves who are siding with the CCP, it could be one of their campaign workers. The article even points out MP Kenny Chiu had a smear campaigns against him put out by the CCP, saying he was racist all because he was pro Hong Kong independence.

Either way, it's both liberals and conservatives being targeted the most. And the fix seems pretty easy, just update the technology and ways of detecting this.
They even tried to subvert the Toronto district school board and it was up to the board to vote it out! Shouldn't even get that far.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

We never had these worries when we the west went to install sock puppet governments around the world...
It prolly is a mix between blackmail and good money that made us so effective, but as history shows it won't last long and it won't end well.

Yup, now that we've done what we've done, it's coming around to bite us on the arse.

No, it certainly will not end well.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I havent looked into this yet but the first thing that came to mind is Dominion voting machines being made here in canada.

I don't think canada needs China to corrupt our elections, or anyone else's though China does make a handy scapegoat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join