It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help re printing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hi,

I have searched around but can't seem to find any topic on how to print a complete thread without all the avatar info etc.

Is this possible?

Cheers

JS

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
When you say "avatar info" do you mean just the image? If so, whichever browser you're using should have an option in the advanced menu to stop any images from loading....

Other than that, I guess you can go in and copy & paste it all into word....

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You can copy what you want from a thread and paste it to wordpad. Then print it from there.

Hope thats helps you.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
Hi,

I have searched around but can't seem to find any topic on how to print a complete thread without all the avatar info etc.

Is this possible?

Remember all content on ATS belongs to ATS. I don't know what you intend on doing but I thought this was worth mentioning.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Unless you've copywrited it.

Personally, I think the Everything Posted Belongs To ATS clause is a bit overboard...but what do I know.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
have you tryed the default settings....IE control+p or the print screen button, if so I would go the copy and paste it works for me however be warned if you dont set word or office for web page view some errors will occur , and at the least you will find errors such as margine shift and cell misalignment.....just a thought to ponder.

I wish to stress however the Moderators have a point ....this is a grey area where in concern for privacy and purity of information should be protected. some of those who posted to your thread may not welcome being copied.

My copying is mearly limited to what I say specifically in my own hand. I would think that if approval all the way around . ......including ATS and other posters involved is obtained it could maybe be worked out under guidelines of discimination and sharing.

[edit on 5/4/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thanks all for the posts.

I thought a "printable" option may be available but I'll just print them as is.

The reason I want to print a thread is that I have found a few interesting threads and would like to simply read them when I am on holiday - where I'm going, they don't have computers

Cheers

JS

top topics

join