It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is the greater threat to America, Ignorance or Apathy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I quit posting to this forum many years ago because of a lack of real participation by ATS members, Sadly, it appears that nothing has changed. Our planet and way of life are in jeopardy of total annihilation, yet all anyone wants to discuss are relatively inconsequential matters like January 6th, Paypal policies, Critical race theory, etc.. Although these things are important, should there be a Nuclear attack with subsequent radioactive fallout, they will be insignificant on the grander scale of things.

I see no discussions here on prepping strategies, medical supplies, Basic survival skills, first aid, water needs, ad nauseum. I presume everyone is all stocked up on their preps, know what to do in a fallout scenario, know how to provide basic first aid and life support, can track and procure game to feed themselves and their loved ones, and so on, and so on, and so on.. If that's truly is the case, Wonderful! If not, best of luck to you should Armageddon occur any time soon. To quote Chicken Little: "The Sky is Falling, The sky is falling!" I hope everyone looks up before it's too late..

edit on 13-10-2022 by LLoyd45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LLoyd45

I think the best advice anyone can give if you see a nuclear missile headed your way.... bend over and kiss your butt goodbye.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

There was literally a thread you wrote the other day about nuclear attack advice , not sure where your coming from.
edit on bThu, 13 Oct 2022 22:23:57 -050020223110America/ChicagoThu, 13 Oct 2022 22:23:57 -050010pm10 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

After a nuclear war with thousands of warheads being used I don’t think there will be much point in trying to survive.
Die quickly or die after a few months of misery.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The answer to this question is easy: I don't know and I don't care.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I've seen plenty of threads on prepping strategies and survivability.

Maybe not so many recently, but definitely a good amount over the time I've been here.

To your title, I think the greatest threat is ignorance.

I'm currently a full time student at an HBCU, and the levels of obliviousness are baffling. They have no concept of anything outside of their social media constructed bubbles of influence.

It's more sad than anything.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind If you're unprepared, that may be the only viable option available for you and your loved ones.. I hope that's not the case colorblind.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer Oh well, all anyone can do is try. As they say: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"..

edit on 13-10-2022 by LLoyd45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The greater threat to America is ignorance, which is why we've got entire cities full of people wishing for communism or worse.

Apathy is doing it's part, many of the informed are too overwhelmed with everyday life in this system to even dream of fighting for their rights.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman I was simply attempting to stir up some interest in surviving the aftermath of an insane nuclear war.. Maybe a better topic to post about would be: "LIFE POST CELL PHONE AND SOCIAL MEDIA, IS IT SURVIVABLE?"

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Ignorance.

You can fix apathy with knowledge and experience which would negate ignorance.

Willful ignorance fixes nothing.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22 Where there's life, there's hope.. Everyone wants to live no matter what the circumstances, it a matter of personal fortitude and courage that determine the outcome. God Bless

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Ignorance - removing it tends to solve the apathy problem.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I'll likely survive a nuclear exchange, but I do not know if I really want to be here to deal with the aftermath.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Ignorance.

You can fix apathy with knowledge and experience which would negate ignorance.

Willful ignorance fixes nothing.

A lot of us apathetic people already have the knowledge but not the power to change anything. 

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Even an attitude it would seem........

Unless you want to quantify "anything."

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:49 AM
link   

It's the ones that are apathetic toward ignorance that are truly up sh!t creek.
edit on 14/10/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   

The greatest threat is white supremacy. It will always be white supremacy.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Arrogance and ego are the biggest threats. Anyone and everyone who think they know more than they do. Those who think their way is the only way. Those who would impose their way on others. Those who cannot and will not let others live their lives their way in peace.
edit on 14-10-2022 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join