It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine forces trap thousands of Russian troops in Lyman , Donetsk region

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
a reply to: gortex

Ukraine was riddled with corruption so said both US sides actually. Now they have controlled corruption to help.

Know what does make corruption easier tbh?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Klassified

Either much of what we are hearing is war time propaganda, or Russia was never a major military threat to begin with.

Russia is a country riddled with corruption I think what we are seeing is the result of that corruption and how it has effected their military.

Perhaps many Russian military leaders reachedtheir ranks through corruption and politics, rather than merit. I feel somewhat bad for Russian soldiers being dragged into a war they probably dont want. Another poster said Russian forces were shot if they retreated without orders. Reminding me of WW2.

But at the same time, the populace could rise up and oppose going to war for Putin. Easier said than done though.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Besides the title of this thread is a lie.

Thousands of troops have not been trapped.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Either much of what we are hearing is war time propaganda, or Russia was never a major military threat to begin with.

Russia is a country riddled with corruption I think what we are seeing is the result of that corruption and how it has effected their military.

Kind of like the United States.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Yea i think its truely dishonest journalism to just ignore Ukeaine's past cirruption and zelenski's serious controversies. Just so they can gather support for Ukraine.

Still, Russia is corrupt and has serious political issues of their own.

Russia could have had a chance to get the world on their side if they didnt invade.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

No we haven't. It was clear from the start it was a minimal incursion designed to limit damage.

Your true colours have now be revealed. You are in fact a Russian.

As for the rest of your post, you just carry on living your daydream.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

No we haven't. It was clear from the start it was a minimal incursion designed to limit damage.

Your true colours have now be revealed. You are in fact a Russian.

As for the rest of your post, you just carry on living your daydream.

That was a no we haven't been hearing it for 6 months, learn English structure better.

I'm not russian. Although I would be more proud to be russian than the # hole you come from.
edit on 1-10-2022 by Nexttimemaybe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I do find it funny how we are supposed to remember ukraines corruption (no doubt they were and are) but ignore russian corruption and aggression.

Is Ukraine the shining city on the hill, NO but bottom line russia invaded and needs to be investigated for war crimes (typically aggressors when they retreat will commit crimes), if Ukraine was committing crimes during the 8 years after the FIRST russian invasion they should be investigated.

One does not negate the other, or justify criminal activity for the other side.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I do find it funny how we are supposed to remember ukraines corruption (no doubt they were and are) but ignore russian corruption and aggression.

Is Ukraine the shining city on the hill, NO but bottom line russia invaded and needs to be investigated for war crimes (typically aggressors when they retreat will commit crimes), if Ukraine was committing crimes during the 8 years after the FIRST russian invasion they should be investigated.

One does not negate the other, or justify criminal activity for the other side.

Ukraine needs to be investigated for war crimes, but they won't be will they.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Got to have proof at this point several areas russia and their mercs have retreated from seem to have mass graves.

Will anyone be held accountable not likely.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I'm not russian

You do a bloody good impression of one. Don't " we "

Although I would be more proud to be russian

I am sure you would. You deny everything just like your master Pukin.

edit on 1-10-2022 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I'm not russian

You do a bloody god impression of one. Don't " we "

I hope you and you nearest and dearest enjoy a wonderfully long and cold winter.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

I'm not russian

You do a bloody god impression of one. Don't " we "

I hope you and you nearest and dearest enjoy a wonderfully long and cold winter.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Got to have proof at this point several areas russia and their mercs have retreated from seem to have mass graves.

Will anyone be held accountable not likely.

Russia was reporting it right from the minute they started liberating.

But you are right, nothing will come of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: gortex
For decades, all we've heard is how bad-ass Russia's military is, and how dangerous Russia is to the rest of the world. Now all I hear is how impotent they are. Something is wrong with this picture.

I'm now supposed to believe that one of the most powerful countries in the world has a rag-tag military with leadership that can't plan and run a military campaign. They couldn't collect enough intelligence beforehand to know what they were up against and what they needed to do to achieve the endgame against a small country with a small military and no real armaments to speak of.

Either much of what we are hearing is war time propaganda, or Russia was never a major military threat to begin with. They've just relied on their nuclear arsenal as a deterrent for decades.

The honest answer? We underestimated the corruption of the Russian military. Putin had made a point of cracking down on corruption in the military and overhauling their arsenal. I think it's pretty clear he failed on both counts.

The only reason Russia is still a player on the world stage is their nukes and memories of the Cold War. They have no projection. Their economy is minuscule. And as we're learning, their military is woefully behind the times.

Putin has cultivated a reputation of being the world's premier leader but it's starting to seem like he's more the world's premier used car salesman. He's built an illusion around Russia, but now the illusion is crumbling as it's being tested for the first time.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The OSCE has been in the country for eight years monitoring the situation. Funnily enough, they have been denied access to the areas most likely to have been the victim to Ukrainian war crimes. Not by the Ukrainian military but by the Russian backed separatists.

On top of that, the UN has asked on numerous occasions for Russia to present evidence of their claims of human rights' violations. They have never done so.

So what does that tell you?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

He's built an illusion around Russia, but now the illusion is crumbling as it's being tested for the first time.

Russia: The Putinkem Village

Cheers

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Yea i think its truely dishonest journalism to just ignore Ukeaine's past cirruption and zelenski's serious controversies. Just so they can gather support for Ukraine.

Still, Russia is corrupt and has serious political issues of their own.

Russia could have had a chance to get the world on their side if they didnt invade.

True enough, but at the moment, I don't think there is a government on earth that isn't infested with corruption. Although Putin is "ex KGB". Emphasis on the quotation marks.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
The Ukraine will likely get straight into the rape murder and torture they are known for around those parts.

Geez... I think the Russians already took care of all that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join