It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Stock Exchange Crashes as Mobilization Rumors Swirl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Nothing but stock manipulation hopefully, could easily see Putin enriching himself that way, otherwise serious turmoil on the horizon perhaps.

If nothing else at least another 100 billion for the war effort.

If Russia goes full bore, what happens next? any thoughts?

www.newsweek.com...

Russia's stock exchange took a dive on Tuesday with the MOEX Russia Index—the ruble-denominated benchmark of the Russian stock market—sinking over 2 percent year-on-year, as per data from Trading Economics.

According to the website, which provides economic data for 196 countries, part of the reason why the market took a plunge is that investors are concerned over Russia's decreased energy exports to Europe and consequent lower profits, plus a decline in energy prices.

edit on 20-9-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There's a lot of things moving very fast. Putin also was a no show for a public address, kinda like a State of the Union here in the USA. Wonder if he is ill? Hope he's not dead?

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So Russia suffers for lack of energy income, how will the EU fair economically without that energy
The EU will be on its knees if this situation plays out to long and Russia, China and India will have all the energy they could dream of for their industries
A global power shift as energy rich nations rise

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ilikesecrets

It is possible he has retreated to a safe place, possibly yamantau or another hardened nuclear command centre.

He will see his loss in the Ukraine as bad enough and the plan to give the Ukraine M1 Abrams tank's as a major escalation of the war that looks then set to turn against Russia completely.

This the point were he may very well decide to push the button OR be fearing a precision strike upon himself or another assassination attempt.

This is a treacherous moment in time, western leaders are NOT taking him seriously and are pouring resources and money into the Ukraine.

Now look at it from Russia's point of view for a moment, an M1 Abrams is faster, better armed and can withstand strikes fromt the best anti tank weapons the Russians have as well as from there own tank's cannon's which are no match for it's armour, it's manoeuvrability and it's speed (not to mention is far greater weapon range and accuracy and it's superior night fighting capabilitys).

Not only would this give the Ukraine a superior tank it would give the Ukraine the ability to reverse the invasion and potential take over Russia?.

So the Putin is probably feeling like he has no choice, we are on the verge of a possible nuclear war here and it's because of idiots on both sides but I am looking at our own politicians in the west and some gun happy generals in particular that think Russia will never push the button and are gambling with OUR lives and the well being of OUR nations for there own ego's.

The only hope for peace now is from within Russia itself but Putin is no idiot, he knows his people and is a trained KGB officer as well as there president so won't easily be deposed and if he is it will be bloody, it is also possible that Putin has secured control of the nuclear arsenal already and can trigger it if they do try to depose him.

edit on 20-9-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Speaking of Stock Market drops :

US Stock Drops Over 1200 Points

Same ol , same ol .
No difference.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Scary while at the same time we in the UK have an idiot for a prime minister whom is taking away help for the most vulnerable in our society while cutting tax for the richest and promising to send BILLION to the Ukraine while our own people are eating out of date food from food bank's.

I swear she is not normal that Truss woman, something is very off about her is all I can say.

But what you mention is actually very scary as well it could be the start of the stock market crash that so many have been predicting for so long now.

For it to hit the US like this given how many US citizens have already been reduced to dumpster diving and living on the streets by the last crisis it is going to be bad unless the governments enact emergency policy's and fast, never going to happen though as long as free market morons' are in control of any nation they do not understand that economy's need regulations, corporations and big earners need to pay there fair share of tax and without that the state become powerless and is at the whim's and mercy's of the international stock markets.

We have one currently in charge of the UK and she is dead set on destroying as many of the institutions set up to help people after WW2 as she can before the next election since she knows that she will be out, the wrong person in the Job and one whom may, just may have a few bats in the belfry the way she was smirking at the queen's funeral and the camera caught her as she was leaving looking rather pleased with herself, after all when she was president of Oxford Liberal Democrats before defecting to the Tory's she hated the royals and was calling for an end to them with a vehemence even most republicans have never had for the royal family, I would swear she is a few sails short of a full rig if you catch my meaning and God help us Brits if I am right, and her Cabinet makes anything they said about Jeremy Corbyn's shadow cabinet seem wrong as hers is even worse than they claimed his was, I suspect those old farts in the Tory party that voted for her got quite the shock when she put a cabinet of clown's together.

Ah never mind it's all in God's hands and if the Russians go off and lose there cool it's won't last long anyway.

I swear we are living in clown world.

edit on 20-9-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Does anyone really want WW3 ? Biden about to start WW3 , this, after Democrats for years falsely accused Trump of bringing it about.

How about a ceasefire, turn the Minsk accords back on. If need be run another referendum in Russian speaking southern Ukraine and Crimea. If they vote to stay, enshrine minority rights in the Ukraine constitution.

If they vote to leave to become independant or part of Russia, let them .

None of this is worth WW3 destroying the planet.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Does anyone really want WW3 ? Biden about to start WW3 , this, after Democrats for years falsely accused Trump of bringing it about.

How about a ceasefire, turn the Minsk accords back on. If need be run another referendum in Russian speaking southern Ukraine and Crimea. If they vote to stay, enshrine minority rights in the Ukraine constitution.

Does anyone want WWIII? Democrats. Yet another great disaster they can profit from while disenfranchising Americans and enriching their cronies.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Biden and the lefts response;
"Shut up and take our money!"

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ilikesecrets

Vehicles of Chinese origin with Chinese camo. have been spotted in the Russian-occupied territory of Ukraine traveling in convoy, troop carriers, and their version of the Humvee.For what it is worth. the Vid looked valid.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

so far all i've seen that says anything about that said it come from Hal Turner wouldn't put much stock in that yet.

Hal Turner – The Hal Turner Show Sept 18, 2022 BULLETIN 3:08 PM EDT, Sunday, 18 September, 2022 — My former colleagues in the Intelligence Community during my years with FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force have sent me images of Chinese Army Units entering Ukraine from Russia.

Chinese Military Convoy Enters Ukraine From Russia

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Been waiting for ww3 since ww2.

Stop teasing me.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
All fun and games in Ukraine until Russia takes the gloves off.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

9.20.2022 FYI

By "punishing" Russia and assisting Ukraine, some of the countries are really hurting.

Germany for one: theconservativetreehouse.com... ices-in-history-of-german-economy/

As the article points out, Germany is on the cusp of a full-scale economic meltdown.

I wonder if German citizens feel that helping Ukraine is worth the pain they're currently experiencing, and the worse pain to come?

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007

Is that another subtle nuke threat?

What other gloves has russia not 'taken off'?

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

originally posted by: Echo007

Is that another subtle nuke threat?

What other gloves has russia not 'taken off'?

Their full military power .

Done.
Next .

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What does russia have left other than nukes?

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Maybe allowing more shelling in populated areas. Drafting troops and putting more men in ukraine? It could always get worse before nukes which is extreme.

I have no idea, but i doubt russia has used its full non-military power.

Either way, killing more civilians and turning ukraine into dust would probably silence even the most staunch supporters of russia in ukraine.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

russia has already been shelling every city they can reach, and are rapidly running out of both gun barrels and deployable ammo for them.

russia can certainly try drafting more soldiers, but they aren't likely to change russia's situation as russia will likely be kicked out of Ukraine before the new troops could be all that useful, and they'd still be stuck using the same antiquated equipment anyway. This would also likely cause significant domestic issues for putin.

About the only thing they have left is to use the rest of the russian air force to carpet bomb or nuke Ukrainian cities, and those planes would likely be making a one way trip (which is why russia stopped trying this after Kiev).

russia could certainly try the national equivalent of a banzai charge with everything they have left at once, but that would likely turn into the largest meat grinder in history pretty quick.

Short of announcing some kind of new alliance partner willing to send large numbers of experienced soldiers and newer equipment (china?), I don't see anything but nukes for NATO on the menu that could get russia out of the hole it jumped into.

And all nukes for NATO does is put everyone into that same hole, while russia would cease to exist.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Speaking of Stock Market drops :

US Stock Drops Over 1200 Points

Same ol , same ol .
No difference.

Uh...correlation doesnt equal causation.

...or somethin like that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join