It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Rules Against Migrants’ Rights To Bond Hearings In Detention + 2nd amendment

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

You only, by law, are required to have insurance for driving on public roads. I can drive an uninsured farm truck all over my property all day long.

Leave the drive way, i need liability insurance.

While the constitution does not explicity state cars are a right, it does say ownership of property is. And a car is property, property that enables the livelyhood of most people.....
edit on 21-9-2022 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thanatos0042
A car is not a right in the constitution though. There are laws requiring insurance, new or paid off, but the prices quite diffrent. [
Correct.. Freedom of travel, both within a state and across state lines, is constitutionally protected. The method of travel is not. Making driving a privilege which can be regulated.

I'm unaware of laws requring one to have homeowner's insurance. Lenders will often require you to have insurance, but not everyone has lenders.
No state law requires it, just the lenders.

I hate the argument that you shouln't be able to exercise your constitutional right without insurance. That just puts another way for the ones in charge to control your ability to exercise it. Next you'll need insurance to exercise your freedom of speech...I just think it starts to lead down a bad trail.

Fair enough...

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
a reply to: Thanatos0042

You only, by law, are required to have insurance for driving on public roads. I can drive an uninsured farm truck all over my property all day long.

Actually - I didn't know that about farm trucks and property, being a city boy all my life
...that's interesting.

While the constitution does not explicity state cars are a right, it does say ownership of property is. And a car is property, property that enables the livelyhood of most people.....

Yes, we have a right of freedom of travel and owning properly, but it doesn't technically have to include cars. In theory, they could regulate them to the point only the elite have the ability to own or use a car or people with a high enough social score...

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Correct.. Freedom of travel, both within a state and across state lines, is constitutionally protected. The method of travel is not. Making driving a privilege which can be regulated.

No state law requires it, just the lenders.

Yes we agree 100% on these.

and just for the record, I'm not opposed to voluntary insurance at some kind of reasonable and affordable rate that even poor people can afford. As much as I think a lot of insurance is really kind of a scam for what you get most of the time, it has come in handy a couple of times through my life. I really wish there was a better way to handle that portion of things.
edit on 22-9-2022 by Thanatos0042 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join