It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory of Who we are, How we got here and some staggering implications for Christianity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

Your fine, thanks for sharing

Yes, there is a much better way of translating them. But to do so, you need to learn to understand the concepts behind these teachings

I was lucky enough to be instructed as an initiate of what people often refer to as "The Mysteries", which is how I came to understand these things

These processes are the same as that which were known by those we call the "Ancient Egyptians", but there is no direct versions of the process historically recorded for them that I could reference you to

The closest historically documented process that still exists in record today is "The Eleusinian Mysteries", except there are many modern misconceptions about these mysteries, such as "We are not allowed to share what we learn, under the threat of death". This is not so

There just usually is little point trying to explain these things to others, because much of it is impossible to understand unless you have been through certain processes

Having said that, I've learned to generally avoid threads and conversations like this one, but I recognise the particular path you are on, so I thought I may/might be able to give you a bit of a head-start to help

I started off, years ago, breaking down the Hebrew lettering, to construct the words by their individual symbols. Similar to what you are doing

It does work, but only to help you develop a working understanding of how languages work in a broader sense

It rewires your brain to recognise certain patterns. This used to be referred to as "the sacred language", but today we know it as "algorithm"

I did hundreds of revisions over the years, trying to work out the true meaning of the individual letters and numbers

To the point where I ended up understanding, that the letter-symbols used in all written language alphabets, were/are secondary considerations in transitive distinction to the number-symbols

If you understand what the symbols used for numbers actually mean, then language becomes a secondary sync

This is literally described in the Torah (Numbers), but I'll get to that in a minute

The primary consideration you need to understand lays within "possessive tense"

This is overlooked by most seeking to understand the secrets of who we are, be it through the ancient texts, or modern philosophy and science

The primary consideration needs always lay within "Who ask the question"

Without "Conscious" (Christ) in reflection as thought (in self), for the purposes of consideration, things such a Gods, creation and our origins could not be considered

The consideration itself, needs always come before that which is considered

This is part of the concept that is expanded upon within YHWH, extending to the spiritual concept of the "I AM" consciousness, but again, these are all misunderstood in the essence of what they are supposed to mean

In fact, YHWH and "I AM" are both commonly understood by most people in a way which is completely backwards and opposite, of what they are supposed to mean

The best way to describe it, is the look at the formation of numbers, as number refer not only to a specific amount of something, their symbols also refer to possessive tense

This is the foundation of all understanding, as it relates to "Self". Spoken of in the Bible as "Theos", which is the same as "Thor" or "Thoth". All of which translate in modern English as "Thought"

It is all geometry. But geometry in relation to perspective

In this case, we are referring to perspective of self. Though the nucleus "centre" (Genesis) can be used for anything, considered relative to self. Which is the beauty of the system

You will not find any of this online, or in any books. But when you understand it, you will realise, that it is the foundation for religion, science, everything

The symbol we use for the number 1, is actually shorthand for the radius of a circle. The point on top, points to the dot in the middle of the circle. The centre or nucleus. The line on the bottom represents the outside of the circle

Though, it, itself, does not represent the radius, it only represents the nucleus. Which is why they do not draw the circle around the 1, which is the line of the radius. You are only basically interested in what the top of the 1 symbol is pointing at. The nucleus/centre

The "Un". One

The symbol for the number 2, is a golden-ratio curve, opening up to outside extreme of the circle. Where there is a line drawn epresenting the outside of this same circle. The oculus, outside. Opposite to the nucleus

The "To". Two

The symbol for the number 3, represents everything in between. A curve coming inwards, meeting a curve going outwards

The "The". Three

1, 2, 3. One, Two, Three. Un, To, The

Or, as 3 is the balance between what is inwards and what is outwards, Un, To, Thee

In the Buddhist tradition, this is drawn as the Om symbol

The crown on top of the Om, called the "Crown", represents the centre of a circle. It is literally a dot with a semi-circle around it

The curve on the right of the Om, represents the outside of the circle

The symbol on the left of the Om, that looks like a number 3, is the same as the number 3

The Om, is nothing but a short-hand symbol version of the number 1, 2, 3, as they are being used in the perspective of "Un To The/Thee"

And the phonetic connection is not by mistake. It is by design. It literally is "Un to the/thee"

When it comes to the Eleusinian mysteries, they use Kore, Demeter and Hades

Kore, is Core. Centre, Nucleus
Demeter is Dimension. Or Diameter. The outside of the circle
Hades is Radius

Radius/Hades pulls the centre/Kore in, until the season is correct (matter is propagated) and it returns in balance as "Persephone", which literally means "Perception"

In all these cases, they are talking about the formation of equilibrium/El'ohim, with a Torus/Taurus/Torah

Which brings about perception. By which consideration is possible

By which consideration of things such as Gods are possible

In the Bible ...

1/un/nucleus/inside = Genesis
2/to/oculous/outside = Exodus
3/the/thee/inbetween = Leviticus (Leaving/To Even)
4 Numbers

Why is there are book called numbers as the 4th book?

Because it explains exactly what I have just told you, which is the primary consideration in understanding all languages which are subject to this

The Jewish star symbol, inwards and outwards, combining inbetween

The Muslim symbol, a nucleus star, with a oculus crescent moon. Together as one in balance

The lopsided cross

The Om symbol

They are refer to the same consideration

That emotional conscious (Jesus Christ) is born of thought (Theos)

YHWH is "I am who I am". But in context, it refers to the emotional capacity to "feel" things, without the need to weigh them within your regard

The best modern translation of this would be "Emotional(al)"

Which is exactly the same as what the word "Jesus" means in the New Testament

The modern name version of both these words, which actually correctly translates to "Emotion" is the name "Samuel". "I AM YOUR"

Languages like Russian still have formative elements of this in "Sam" meaning "Myself"

Samuel is "I am the/thee" or "I am your", which refers to emotional capacity. The same as YHWH/Jesus

That is, if we wish to analyse things from personal perspective

Christ can be "Circle" (Christmas = Circumference) and Mary "Meridian". By which the story of Jesus being crucified and resurrected, becomes Kore and Hades
edit on 21 9 22 by Compendium because: Fixed something

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

The Sumerian version of these things were

Enki = Conscious (Christ)
Enki Ea = Conscious Thought
Enlil = Consciousness
Anunnaki = Intelligence

Even the Egyptian hieroglyphs are wrong

They think that the circle dot ☉ means "Ra" or "Sun", but this is not the case. It means "Mind". The confusion comes from the fact that we in modern generations have seen the sun as being something divided from our own conscious mind. Whereas the "ancient Egyptians" understood that our mind and the sun in the sky are one in the same

The only difference between them is the perspective from which we see

The illuminated distinction is of the sun and of our eyes, being one in the same

This concept takes a little more explaining to understand and is off topic, so ill explain in message if you want to know what the "all seeing" eye is

Even the Egyptian Ankh is misunderstood. It also means "Intelligence". Which is why certain people were depicted carrying one

Ankh and Anunnaki are the same thing

If you use these base translated words while reading the ancient texts, the stories start to make sense

If you look at the meaning for "Torah" given on the link you gave me, you are able to see and appreciate how most of the words in the Bible are "close" in their meanings, but not quite correct

Etymology
From the verb ירה (yara), to bring about of a unified effect by means of many little impulses.
From the noun תור (tor), dove, from the verb תור (tur), to explore or survey.

"To explore or survey" and bring about of a "unified effect" of "many little impulses"

They are talking about vector equilibrium (El'ohim), which exists within a geometric torus (Torah/Taurus)

A good example of words being close, but not quite, is the use of the word "Kakos", which is translated as "Evil", when is actually means "Conclude". To bring something about to its end

As for your question about the first line of the Bible?

Genesis 1:1 Biology is born of equilibrium, between that which is immersed and that which emanates
edit on 21 9 22 by Compendium because: Added more

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

That is allot to consider and you present it well, thanks for sharing!

The truth is truely something to seek with all the heart and mind.

I have heard, seen and thought some of the points you made and have had quite dilemmas with some of em but im not trying to get stuck, pick and chose but go forward and find out and slowly its making much sense to keep going

I found much of these depths from yt channel called John Kostik, his research open the bible in new way to me and now im reading it in much more depth ways, like having a conversation with yall in these topics

Il drop couple links for his videos that might be interest for you too, i was bad student even in schools and havnt done much about it for example im horrible at math but i slowly see the point in it, indeed its part of the languages

www.youtube.com...
Genesis 1:1 Time, Space & Matter

www.youtube.com...
God Math 137

www.youtube.com...
God Math Part 2

Im not sure how to link these in correct way, il just shared the full link

I also noticing how todays different languages, english as most direct example are starting to appear as in connection with these ancient languages, like the name it self english angL ish (ish=man), or the words sounds giving interesting puzzle like Ice as Aish which is fire, i suppose they are similar as both burns

Sure is awesome to learn about these, these little knowledges do bring much hope

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I should point out that the concept I was explaining, is not to discount a creator or God. It is actually help you understand that you need not go looking further than your own connection to/within things to find what it is that most people are looking for in their search for God or some type of divinity

This is what I meant when people when I said that most "spiritual" people have the concept of the "I AM" backwards

They think it is some type of defining revelation of self-realisation, or actualization. When what it really means is that identity itself is not important. It only serves a purpose within the physical world for location and identification

When it comes to us as a person, and any type of divine essence which could be related to as God, Devil, Angel or Demon, identity is an illusion. One which actually serves more as a limitation, than anything else

The "mind", like divine concepts such as God, are ineffable

So to try define them within the context of identity, labels or names, reduces them in a way which is contrary to the nature of their being

A simple way to think of it is this. Someone thinks they know God. They may believe with all their heart they know God. But it is impossible, as a named physical being, born within this world, to ever be certain in such things

You can only ever "believe" you know, which is not the same as knowing. It is only knowing "within self", which is contextual

So what is the purpose of the question "Who (or what) is God?"

You cannot know in this world. So what does it matter?

God is, what they are

It works in exactly the same way as asking yourself "Who am I?"

The answer is very simple. "I am, who I am"

Anything beyond the is a redundant recycling of the simple truth, which can only ever serve to diminish the simple and pure beauty of understanding ... That you already have the answer

You play peek-a-boo with a strangers baby? That is who you are

You inject yourself into a passing strangers life because they are flaunting a sexuality you don't agree with? That is who you are

It is within the fluid nature of the experience. It is what you do. It is what you say. It is how you love. It is how you hurt

It cannot be defined, because it is fluid in its nature. The same as thought. This is why "Thought" works so well as "God". Because thought is God

But, God is not, and never will be, found within thought. Does that make sense?

The second you analyse such things, you cease to feel them, in place of thinking "how" you should feel about them

It means that for the most part, anyone who claims to know God, or believes they know God, are actually as far from understanding or knowing God as anyone could be

Because if they truly understood the nature of their creation within this world, they would not need you consider such things endlessly

They would be sated within the peace of what it is to know. The experience

"I am, who I am"

You do not need to understand what self is, to feel. So why would you need know a God or creator?

God is not found in religion. Because it not something which can be found

It can only be felt. And the only way to feel it, is the only way we can possibly feel anything in this world. Through our understanding that we are the sum of all creation

It is within us, and it surrounds us

But more than this, it is us

Consider this:

The sun in the sky is your conscious mind. It is not "like" your conscious mind, it is very literally your conscious mind

You look outwards on yourself, looking inwards on yourself

In this world, we are many. In the sky, we are one

What happens in between is the experience of one moving through itself into the other, and vice versa. We call it time. We call it space

But it is all fluid, like water

Thought, is fluid like water

The Father and the "Sun", and all the fluid in between, which is the Holy Spirit

Or, as I explained earlier, 1, 2, 3. Un To The/Thee

Know this. Know God

You need no more than this

Our ability to ask the question, is itself the answer

It is our purpose and reason

We are here for the experience. What could possibly be more beautiful, tragic, horrible and wonderful than that?

There is more God to be found in feeding the birds, than there is ever to be found in feeding Bible quotes

Having said that ...

Your should keep on digging with the language, on the path you are on. You will be amazed

Then when you dig deep enough, you will probably freak out at what you find

If it dig far enough, you will eventually realise that all languages are the same

And, that the Bible can be phonetically translated correctly into English, even though what your are reading is written in Hebrew or Greek

There are reasons for this, that are actually fairly amazing to consider. But they are all but impossible to explain until you have gone far enough into the composition of the languages, that you come out the other side

My advice to you, is to look at all possible correlations within the language, even if it seems silly

Look at phonetic variance. As far as you possibly can. To the point where you can pronounce any letter, or any combination of letters, any way you can think of

Look at words backwards. Match their phonetic variance with their original meaning, as wellas their opposite meanings (because they are backwards. Match the word forward, to its opposite meaning, and vice-versa

This trains your brain to see algorithm both forwards and backwards fluidly

You will start to be able to read whole phonetic possible variations, both backwards and forwards

Write a sentence, then break down the words phonetically, and see how many different sentences you can create from it

I can do pages of variants, for a single sentence

This trains your brain to see sequencing within language algorithm

E.g: Al-go-rit-hm = I'll-go-write-them

It might seem like a crazy exercise, but it is not

You'll be amazed at that comes out when you train your brain to see the "possibilities" within language this way

You will end up being bombarded with the sequences as your brain is rewired. It will feel like sensory overload. It may even be painful and feel like your are losing your mind. But you will come through the other side

I spent years reading everything (and I mean everything) both forwards, backwards, inside out forwards and inside out backwards

I would stand at the supermarket counter, reading hidden messges in phonetic sequences of all the writing surrounding me

When you can do this fluidly, the world literally starts talking to you, through what your are seeing

For example, you'll read a message about something happy, and in the background you'll instantly hear someone laugh

You'll read a random message like "Pet me" hidden inside some completely different writing you see in passing. Then around the corner, you'll encounter someone a cute dog

The sync is incredible and undeniable

Something that is hard you put in words to someone who has not experienced it

Because I worked out what the symbols for our numbers mean, I started seeing similar messages in sequences of numbers

Blatant and undeniable

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The sync is incredible

If you start speaking gibberish, that seems attached to your emotional responses during the time you are rewiring the way your brain reads language, go with it

It will eventually form into a spoken language

Hard to explain, but training your brain to read phonetic roots in this way, opens up similar pathways in the brain, to spreaking a type of phonetic root language

If you allow yourself to speak it regularly, based on nothing but your emotions, you will eventually speak it fluently

This turns into being able to speak and understand the basics of most any language on Earth you want

I have apps on my phone for reversing both written and spoken language, so I can identify the patterns and meaning within them

With practice you start to recognise that our understanding of meaning within certain words and language, is not quite correct

You'll notice that I do not use full stops at the end of paragraphs. This is very intentional

You'll notice patterns within our use of words like "the, and" and my personal pet hate "An". I will literally rewrite an entire sentence, to avoid using "An"

You will also start to recognise keys within the patterns of language

People speaking fluidly in combinations of past, present and future tense

From this you start to identify why

You instantly identify if someone is lying or being deceitful, through the language they use

There is much, much more. It goes much deeper. But I think I've gone far enough off topic for now

Thanks for the videos, I'll check them out

Feel free to message me, if there is anything specific I can help you with, when it comes to language/translation

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

How you can defend the OP's right to sprook garbage like " every God outside you is false including and especially Jesus Christ " is uncomprehendable.

Your minds labeling of God is the reason why you find it incomprehensible. If Jesus was God he would have stated "I am the Father". Instead Jesus stated "I and the Father are one". The "and" tells us that one is not the other. Yet both existed in unification as one. Jesus represented himself as the Son of the Father. The "Son" being our "Soul" that is made in the image of the Father. When we exist as our soul we are one with the Father. When we exist as mind (existing in evil) we exist separated from God.

Glad you chose to hear the call, even proud of you for answering it but " many are called few are chosen " and in this case we'll have to let you know your application has been refused.

Whilst we exist as mind. We will experience death as our mind returns to the dust from which it was made. The serpent mind will cry out to Jesus before it dies but the response will be ...

Matthew 7:21-23 "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!"

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Hello all! I have read many of your replies, think I understand where you are coming from and would like to respond to them as a whole. In all fairness, what I have done with this post of mine is shown you a flipped version of how you could interpret the Bible a completely opposite way of what is being taught in Christianity and if there was any truth to how I had interpreted it down Christianity could go at the end of time. But whose to say my interpretation is right when all it is on the surface is just another interpretation given by one person to whom the truth is relative based on my own personal experience with our shared reality. Yes I pulled verses out of CONtext to help you consider what might happen in the end. But I did all this to first of all stir you all up to want to know what the truth is and to prove a point.

The only way to KNOW something like the truth is through direct experience with our shared reality. Clearly every single one of us has a unique experience with our shared reality that is as unique to the individual as their own fingerprint and absolutely valid and necessary to put the truth jigsaw puzzle back together again. To that individual truth is relative. But the sum of all our experiences with our shared reality must be and form the absolute truth of all things.

What I had done was say that I was right and Christianity was wrong or that my piece of the puzzle was right and theirs was wrong. This is clearly not the truth based on what I have just told you. I said because that is exactly what Christians do. They go preaching all around the world saying that everyone else and every other religion is wrong but theirs. Clearly not true right?

So where does that leave us then when we try to interpret the Bible or any other scripture or our shared reality or anything else for that matter? It leaves us stuck until the day we realize we all have valid point and a special piece in the jigsaw puzzle of life that ultimate forms the truth of who we are and how we got here and where we are all going. What we need to put that jigsaw puzzle back together again is the box top. But how in the world will we find it or even agree to what that box top is?

If there is even a remote bit of truth to all I have told you and that all these Bible stories are trying to warn and help us accomplish just that through allegory, metaphor, paradox, riddles, parables, etc. then we need to use these verses we find in the Bible as clues in a treasure hunt to figure out the truth and get to that box top. But as clearly as I can say this we will never get to that trying to interpret the Biblical text or any other scripture for that matter why? Because according to those stories apparently "God confused our language" or said differently ciphered it. And IF there is any truth to that statement then every language on the face of the earth is equally scrambled and derived from the one language we all spoke at Babel. Hebrew is just as messed up as Greek which is just as scrambled as English to which the Bible says "Consider what God has done. For who can make straight what he has made crooked." What I am trying to get at is this. We must unscramble the egg of language so to speak if we are to have any hope in understanding what any of the Bible is really saying. How do we do that? Not through interpretation. But rather through deciphering it. Start with Greek if that's the langauge you understand, Hebrew, English whatever. Start trying to decipher the scriptures.

Let me give you an example of what I am talking about "Following the clues the Bible HINTS at" to decipher the text and find the truth of it all that is without contradiction. The example I will give you is in Revelation 5 which speaks of a sealed book no one was found worthy to open. It reads like this in the KJV:

"And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside sealed with seven seals."

The first thing I want you to notice is that it appears that this verse does not tell us what this mysterious book is. But the other verses that follow give us the clue that apparently almost everyone living has read it but no one understands what it says. The Bible is the most read book on Earth so you might thing that the Bible could be the sealed book. But from 23 years of study I will tell you the sealed book is so much bigger than the Bible. It is all written words in every language. And all those words in all those languages follow a code that if we had the key would break it wide open.

So back to revelation 5:1. Are there clues and written commands we can follow to help us in our treasure hunt to find out and validate what this book is and how to open it? The answer is yes. Let me show some of the high level clues first of how the egg is scrambled and how we can decipher it in any language.

In Matt. 18:20 Jesus said, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name (His name is called "The Word of God" according to the book of Revelation) there am I in the midst of them." There is a ton to unpack in this verse but one thing you can conclude from it is that he's talking where two or three words are gathered together (TO-GET-HER) in his name being the word of God there he is in the midst of them. All words are, are little words gathered together to make bigger words. Together then is really three words and more TO GET HER or you could see the word GOT written on the backside in the very beginning of the word. Or you see the anagram for THERE (ether) ETHER is also a word. Do you see what is really go on here? Words are "Written within" and between other words and the Bible even spells that clue out for us in Revelation 5:1. For there in the word "Written Within" Is the word HINT written within every other letter backwards like this "writ T e N w I t H in". Then it goes on to say "And on the bacKSIDe" and there on the backside of that word is DISK written backwords.

What I am trying to share is that the truth we seek is hidden in verses like this and so many others if you will only dig for the clues you need to decipher them. So in all fairness what is the sealed book of Revelation 5:1 and how do we know? I'm still working on it but let me share some fun clues with you that might inspire you for as the old saying goes "Trust those who seek the truth. Doubt those who find it"

What is the first word you read of Revelation 5:1? "And"? Nope. The first word is "A". Now hold that thought as we bring in 2 Thess. 2:7 which says "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way" Did you catch the subtle command at the end of that verse? If we follow the recommendation taken from the verse in James which says to not merely read the word and so deceive ourselves but do what it says then this phase in 2 Thess. 2:7 is key. "Taken out of the way" or said as a command when read more closely with ears to hear "Take 'N' out of the way"

So back to Revelation 5:1 we read the first word of the verse is clearly "A" followed by an "N" we are to 'Take out of the way' leaving us with the letter "D" next. D is not a word so when call forth the next letter in the verse and arrive at DI. DI is not a word so bring in the next letter DIS. "Dis" is a word and means to talk disrespectfully. So far Revelation 5:1 reads these two words, "A' Dis" I'll pick this up in my next reply.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneInsideTheZero
... But whose to say my interpretation is right when all it is on the surface is just another interpretation given by one person to whom the truth is relative based on my own personal experience with our shared reality. ...

Is the Bible Open to Just Any Interpretation?

Let the Author Have His Say

... ​yet no one Bible writer says all there is to say about any particular subject. So to understand what the Author of the Bible says about a subject, it is necessary to gather together all the scriptures germane to the subject under discussion. ...

... For instance, open your Bible to Romans chapter 9. Here you will find an outstanding example of how the faithful Christian Paul did the same thing. ...

Of course, it would have been wrong for Paul to take scriptures out of their context and twist them to fit his own personal ideas. But Paul was not guilty of this. Apparently some early Christians were guilty, however, for the apostle Peter speaks of “things hard to understand, which the untaught and unsteady are twisting, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.”​—2 Peter 3:16.

“Things hard to understand” can easily be misunderstood. Even the works of famous writers like Shakespeare come in for various interpretations​—obviously not all of them accurate. Hence, it is not strange that this is true of the Bible. If Shakespeare were still alive, we could ask him: “Just exactly what did you mean?” Yet, this is not possible; neither is it possible for us to ask the writers of the Bible for further clarification. Happily, we can still ask its Author, for he lives! (Psalm 90:1, 2) And he has promised to give such spiritual guidance to men of faith who ask it of him.​—Luke 11:9-13; James 1:5, 6.

While in Egypt, God’s faithful servant Joseph recognized the importance of asking for divine guidance when he was called upon to interpret a dream that God had given to Egypt’s ruler. “Do not interpretations belong to God?” he had earlier asked. After Joseph gave the correct interpretation, Pharaoh was moved to say: “Can another man be found like this one in whom the spirit of God is?” And to Joseph he said: “Since God has caused you to know all this, there is no one as discreet and wise as you are.”​—Genesis 40:8; 41:38, 39.

The variety of contradicting interpretations we find today among so-called Christians is not the fault of the Bible’s Author, nor is it the fault of Bible writers. As God’s prophets, these “spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit.” (2 Peter 1:20, 21) It is the fault of Bible readers who have failed to follow the leadings of God’s spirit in allowing God to interpret his own Word. They have allowed personal ideas to becloud their view of what the Bible’s Author himself says. Let us take two examples.

What Is the Punishment for Sin?

Some people have been taught to believe that the punishment for sin is everlasting conscious torment in hellfire. Such people may read Revelation 20:10, which speaks of the Devil’s being “hurled into the lake of fire and sulphur,” and they interpret it to support their views. Of course, this does not agree with Ecclesiastes 9:5, which says that the dead “are conscious of nothing at all”; nor does it agree with Romans 6:23, which states that “the wages sin pays is death,” not conscious torment. Still, some might wonder, does not Revelation 20:10 say that Satan (and, supposedly, persons misled by him) “will be tormented day and night forever and ever”?

In the first century, the Greek word for “torment”​—here used by the Bible writer John—​had a special connotation. Since prisoners were sometimes tortured (although this was contrary to God’s law), jailers became known as tormentors.

Another Bible writer refers to this when speaking about an unfaithful slave whose master “delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.” (Matthew 18:34, King James Version) Commenting on this text, The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia says: “Probably the imprisonment itself was regarded as ‘torment’ (as it doubtless was), and the ‘tormentors’ need mean nothing more than jailers.”

We can thus see that by comparing scriptures and taking into consideration their meaning in the languages in which the Bible was written, it is possible to arrive at an interpretation that agrees with the rest of the Bible. Free from preconceived ideas, we can clearly see that Revelation 20:10 is no proof of everlasting torment in hellfire. The fate for all rebels against God is everlasting imprisonment in death. Their destruction is as complete as though they were hurled into a literal fiery lake.

What Is Earth’s Destiny?

Why Not Open to Just Any Interpretation?

What would a housewife think of a recipe book that was open to just any interpretation? Or of what benefit would it be to spend money for a dictionary that allowed its reader to interpret the meaning of words just any way he chose? Is that the kind of guidebook we would expect God to give his creatures? Indeed, in such a case, would it even be proper to speak of it as a guidebook?

Honest, God-fearing persons are not interested in twisting the Scriptures “to their own destruction.” (2 Peter 3:16) To avoid doing this, they find all the scriptures dealing with the subject they are trying to understand. When scriptures are found that clearly contradict previously held views, those views are quickly discarded, as they cannot be correct.

“Let Us Compare Scripture With Scripture”

Let the Context Speak

Do You Let the Bible Be Its Own Interpreter?

What if you cannot understand a scripture even after you have considered its context? You may benefit from comparing it with other scriptures, having in mind the overall tenor of the Bible. ...

When we read the Scriptures, we should take into account the context and the overall tenor of the Bible. Christians are admonished: “We received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God, that we might know the things that have been kindly given us by God. These things we also speak, not with words taught by human wisdom, but with those taught by the spirit, as we combine spiritual matters with spiritual words.” (1 Corinthians 2:11-13) ...

Bible Interpretation​—By Whose Influence?

ONE definition of the word “interpret” is “to conceive in the light of individual belief, judgment, or circumstance.” (Webster’s Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary) Thus, one’s interpretation of anything is usually influenced by one’s background, education, and upbringing.

What, though, about Bible interpretation? Are we free to explain Bible passages according to our own “belief, judgment, or circumstance”? Naturally, most Bible scholars and translators claim that they do not do so but that they are guided by God.

A case in point is what is said in a footnote to John 1:1 in A New Version of the Four Gospels, published in 1836 by John Lingard under the pseudonym “A Catholic.” It says: “Men of every persuasion find the confirmation of their peculiar opinions in the sacred volumes: for, in fact, it is not the Scripture that informs them, but they that affix their own meaning to the language of Scripture.”

Though the point is well taken, what was the writer’s intent? His comment was in support of his interpretation of that verse, which he translated: “At the beginning was ‘the word;’ and ‘the word’ was with God; and ‘the word’ was God,” a typical Trinitarian rendition.

What impelled the writer to translate John 1:1 in support of the Trinitarian doctrine? Is it “the Scripture that informs” him to do so? That is impossible, for nowhere in the Bible is the teaching of the Trinity to be found. Note what The New Encyclopædia Britannica says on this point: “Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament.” In addition, Yale University professor E. Washburn Hopkins observed: “To Jesus and Paul the doctrine of the trinity was apparently unknown; . . . they say nothing about it.”

What, then, can we conclude about those who support a Trinitarian interpretation of John 1:1 or any other Bible verse? By Mr. Lingard’s own criterion, “it is not the Scripture that informs them, but they that affix their own meaning to the language of Scripture.”

Happily, we have God’s own Word to guide us on this. “You know this first,” said the apostle Peter, “that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit.”​—2 Peter 1:20, 21.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Compendium
Deeply resonant, thank you Compendium

Recent readings include The Gospel of Mary and Heimdall's role in the destruction of the physical planes - each account disclosing existential reality as meta and eternal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join