It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies "quietly" dropping vaccine mandates. Is this grounds for wrongful termination lawsuits?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
a reply to: myselfaswell

That'd be a different topic. I'm thinking here soley of people who were terminated by their companies for not taking the shot, then their companies later said it wasn't necessary.

Fair enough.

If being injected was in a contract or workplace agreement prior to a persons employment then I suspect it is what it is. Mandated AFTER a person is employed and made a condition of their continued employment, I'm saying nah. Sue then into oblivion.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I survived all through Covid, caught it twice (confirmed) and had to have an allergist confirm that I can't do PEG (polyethylene glycol).

I'm actually still doing my job but my company had to classify me as disabled.

I remember you posting that DB.

Nobody should feel ashamed or guilty for doing whatever they could to preserve their free will for the vaccine.

I am NOT anti-vax, but I am pro choice to vax or not vax. That liberty was outright stolen from us, and some here were very glib and casual about it.

I have had several major surgeries, and a bout of radiation treatment, and nobody NOBODY would even consider my request to investigate a medical exemption. I was forced by my employer to vaccinate.

Personally, I'm over that now, but this upcoming tsunami of litigation is for those principled folks that stood their ground, refused to compromise on their principles, and chose free will over tyranny (made their employer terminate them and forced their employers to deprive people of their livelihood instead of giving up their liberty, over a shot that was predicted to be about as effective as the flu shot). I hope those people that were wrongly terminated over basically a flu shot, eviscerate these companies that deprived them of "my body, my choice"
edit on 11-9-2022 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I see it as an indirect way of vetting those who will fall in line and take orders without question at times.

Maybe not but if you look at most of these moves with a tactic or two in mind! It could easily be molded into another power grab. Also imagine the opportunity oppend for infiltration. None of these moves in the last few years make any sense but to do damage, gain more power and line pockets.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Tony Fauci leaving his position at the end of this year may be a signal that he knows that they can't keep the lid on vaccine injury and deaths for much longer. It fact He is likely signaling that deaths are going to ramp up in the coming months, and even sheep may begin to awaken. Ive seen some members on ATS have awaken and are both concerned and upset. Some members we know that were pro vaxx have disappeared.
The injections appear to be multipurpose. Sterilize some of the population, cause early death by pulling people out of remission of cancer, and increase death by stroke and massive heart attack via clot formation.

In time more and more good doctors will come out and make a stand. They will draw attention to the truth, and back it up with data, science and facts that cannot be disputed.

My dad has skipped going to church for the past several months. He watches services online. He is concerned about people who received the vaccine continuing to have protein spikes and shed on others. Ive skipped church for the last few weeks since my buddy from church suddenly died from a massive heart attack. I know he got the vaxx. My other close buddy from church told me he got the vaxx too. Now Im watching him and wondering when he is going to drop.

My dad also told me to stay out of places like Walmart where masses of stupid people are. He said to do like he does, and order and pay for things online then you park in Walmart's lot, and they will bring them out and put them into the back of your truck. Dad is a genius scientist who did his medical internship in San Francisco and Oakland in the late 40s or early 50s after attending Stanford. (Bacteriology, Parasitology, Microbiology, and he is also a chemist) He has been Pro vaccine his whole life, and never believed any conspiracy theories until this mRNA injection came out.

And those who still believe in the shots after everything they have seen so far, I have one question.
Feel lucky punk?

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I am waiting for the big one after medical problems are officially admitted being linked to the vaccine.

Firefighters, EMS, LEO's and all the other first responders to ground zero on 9/11 who are dying of cancer and lung disease fought for many years. They finally won the battle, only to have their claims denied, and four years ago the government started holding back part of the funds for FDNY.

I don't expect this battle to be won without a long, drawn out legal battle. That's just the way corruption works.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm wondering if influencing businesses into the grey areas of this situation wasn't the entire point.
Most of these politicians are lawyers.
Businesses being destroyed financially fits right in with all the other planned destruction.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I'm wondering if influencing businesses into the grey areas of this situation wasn't the entire point.
Most of these politicians are lawyers.
Businesses being destroyed financially fits right in with all the other planned destruction.

In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

edit on 2022 9 11 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

If that is universally applicable, then the whole concept of "wrongful termination" is invalid without some blatantly discriminitory element.

You file a lawsuit against the business which terminated you, I'm sure you don't need the whole procedural examination of claims and counter claims explained to you. Incidentally, whoever coined the term "universally applicable" evidently doesn't understand what the word "universe" means. Within the united states territories, where "at will" laws currently operate and protect. That protection applies to both employee and business.

originally posted by: Islandparty
a reply to: TzarChasm

three words. Terminate your membership.

And take all the legwork out of censorship?

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Three words: at will employment

🤷

Employees still need a valid reason.

Tell ya what buddy, prove a point and go to court about it. Make yourself a rich man setting a strong example for the community.

edit on 11-9-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   
With the industrial law cases around unfair termination, lot of them should be filed by now or in some stage of progress. The ones that held their ground until being fired due to vax status have a stronger case.

Some of these cases got resolved nice a quick, some might drag on for a while. As more data come out and a clear picture of the overall cost / benefit emerges, it will help these ongoing cases with the way things are looking.

As for the vaccination damage claims, one approach in Australia is to sue your doctor and the individuals at AHPRA for its policy decisions. Your doctor will also sue the individuals at AHPRA for its policy decisions. This will quickly add up to a lot of court cases asking the individuals at AHPRA for a please explain and get some long overdue hard questions.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   

This brings to my mind the question of whether employees who were terminated for not taking the vaccine when mandates were in place (but never legallly required by gov't fiat) could potentially sue for wrongful termination.

Absolutely! Any excuse to make lawyers even richer.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

No. This is not wrongful termination. That would mean a law has been broken by the companies in order to terminate their respective employees.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Im afraid not. In a "Right To Work" state you can be fired for no reason at all. The only difference it makes is in your eligibility for unemployment benefits. Now suppose you lost your house because you were fired for not getting a vaccine, then were denied unemployment benefits, i think there could be something to run on if companies walked back on mandates. Or maybe not. I just dont see any traction without a tangible loss.
edit on 12-9-2022 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Catalyst.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

🤷

But labor laws that govern companies are not "AT WILL" .

Done.
Next.

If a labor law was broken it would a great case for whoever was terminated, but vaccine mandates came down from OSHA and were headfaked through the courts for like 14 months.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

At will employment still cannot violate constitutional rights. Vaccine mandates were a violation of constitutional rights.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

At will employment still cannot violate constitutional rights. Vaccine mandates were a violation of constitutional rights.

Says you, but unless you are a judge in a federal court, that's only a claim, and a pretty typical one at that. Unless that claim is adjudicated in a court of competent jurisdiction, it's meaningless.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: panoz77

Says you, but unless you are a judge in a federal court, that's only a claim, and a pretty typical one at that. Unless that claim is adjudicated in a court of competent jurisdiction, it's meaningless.

So I guess you're unaware of the SCOTUS decision to strike down the OSHA vaccine mandate for non-medical employees?

This has been adjudicated, and the authoritarians lost.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Before long there will be commercials out there for class action lawsuits.
"were you force to take the vaccine?"
"were you fired for not taking the vaccine?"
"did you have adverse reactions to the vaccine?"
Call 1-800.... to get compensation.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You'll start seeing the lawsuits very soon, especially seeing the recent admissions on how ineffective this experiment was. People who lost their jobs will have standing to bring the lawsuits and have VERY good arguments, especially with all the new admissions from the CDC and new evidence that the clot shot didn't work. Oh, and the fact that they now admit that Ivermectin is an effective treatment/therapeutic.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

originally posted by: Gothmog

🤷

But labor laws that govern companies are not "AT WILL" .

Done.
Next.

If a labor law was broken it would a great case for whoever was terminated, but vaccine mandates came down from OSHA and were headfaked through the courts for like 14 months.

You didn't read the original post that I replied to , did you ?
Also , there has already been lawsuits on "mandated" vax" that have been won by the employee involved.
Watch for more.

Stop with the attempts at "bravado"

Done..
Next.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join