It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: British Tourists "Mutiny" Demand To Get Off Unsafe Jet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Almost 400 British tourists refused to get back on an airplane they deemed unsafe. According to the passengers of the Phuket Air flight fuel was seen pouring from the wings of the plane. The incident occurred when the plane landed at Sharjah airport in the United Arab Emirates.

news.bbc.co.uk
About 400 British tourists refused to get back on an aircraft in the Middle East after claiming they saw fuel pouring out of one of the wings.

Passengers demanded to be let off the Phuket Air plane at Sharjah airport in the United Arab Emirates.

They said the Gatwick-bound flight aborted take-off three times after refuelling while en route from Bangkok.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Good for the passengers. Many years ago when the roof section of a 737 in Hawaii peeled off in flight and killed a stewardess, a passenger boarding had noticed the crack in the plane and simply did not report them. These people decided that this plane was unsafe and took action. Given the American pronunciation of the airlines name, its a wonder any of them will fly that airline again.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Take-off was aborted three times after the plane refuelled en route from Bangkok.

That alone would make me want be to get off.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Would you really fly "Phuk-et" airlines??? It's like "Wee-don-giva-chit" airlines, isn't it?

Take-off was aborted three times after the plane refuelled en route from Bangkok.

That alone would make me want be to get off.

Nope, I'd be getting off after the first aborted takeoff....thanks.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i just love the fact the airline is considering legal action against those who see fuel streaming out of the wing as being a hazzard. i guess you should just let those who know make your decisions for you eh. i have to wonder about how much fuel was onboard, how long the flight was and how big the leak was. did these passengers save themselves from a crash when the plane ran out of gas?

if i had seen that i would certainly have been amoung those demanding to let me off. ok yelling fire was bad but it certainly would have had the effect of stopping the plane. it is a fire hazzard at the least. i hope it was a no smokeing flight.

will have to remember to not fly phuket airlines. lol did anyone notice the name of the airlines? interesting "f**k it" airlines nice name
wonder if that is their saying for any possible problems

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Would you really fly "Phuk-et" airlines??? It's like "Wee-don-giva-chit" airlines, isn't it?

Nope, I'd be getting off after the first aborted takeoff....thanks.

Now why didn't I think of that

Definately a good idea when you consider the name "Phuk-et" airlines"

top topics

join