It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Vandals Desecrate Rabin's Grave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Vandals have written on the grave of assassinated Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin at Jerusalem's national cemetery. Words such as "murderous dog" were written in Hebrew on the graves of he and his wife. Also, Nazi graffiti was sprayed on the graves of others in the area including 12 soldiers and Israel's first Prime Minister, David Ben Gurion, father of Zionism.

news.bbc.co.uk
Vandals have defaced the graves of late Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and his wife, Leah, at Jerusalem's national cemetery, police say.

Slogans were sprayed on the tombstones, one reading "murderous dog" in Hebrew.

Rabin was assassinated in 1995 by a right-wing Jew opposed to the Oslo peace accord with the Palestinians.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Attacking the graves of the dead is a sick and shocking way to make your point. Nazi graffiti on the graves of the soldiers is hard to describe; one simply doesn't know how anyone could do something like this.

This comes about after a series of graffiti-writing in Jerusalem streets condemning Ariel Sharon for his Gaza withdrawal plan. Sharon's life is feared to be at risk due to the plan, as far right Jewish extremists are believed to be planning some retribution.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It is not clear who was behind this latest attacks.

Over the weekend, also the nearby grave-site of Zionist visionary Theodor Herzl was vandalized and the words "Hitler - the brain" were found scrawled on twelve graves in Jerusalem's Mount Herzl military cemetery.

The word "Hitler" was also scrawled Wednesday in black spray-paint on the Negev desert grave site of David Ben-Gurion (Israel's first PM).

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
yeah,
this is a sick attack i feel.
I feel jewish extremists are behind this...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Cowardly, pathetic, and sick.

People cannot even respect the dead.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Its rather difficult to say that these aren't the works of the very group that killed Rabin, over exactly what is going on right now. Hell, these guys are calling for the similar death of Sharon. I don't understand why the israeli government doesn't just let them stay in the enclaves and let the palestinians wipe them out. It'd certianly 'de-humiliate' the palestinians and be beneficial to the state of israel. Hell, the people in the settlements would like having to fight the palestinians in some sort of holy war.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker
Cowardly, pathetic, and sick.

People cannot even respect the dead.

i totally agree with you.
Its cowardly to attack the dead.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Hell, the people in the settlements would like having to fight the palestinians in some sort of holy war.

well im not sure about that to be honest,
i cant see them wanting a holy war

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm not so sure sometimes, the settlers are the more 'activist' portion of the population, and from what I understand of the situation they are the more 'religious radicals' amoung the isreali population.

Interestingly, lots of them refuse to fight in the military, though they are also 'militant'.

Obviously tho, 'let them all kill each other and have god sort it out' isn't exactly a good idea.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
yeah i see what you mean,
some of the reports on TV do show them to be an extreme in my eyes.

top topics

join