It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Read.. You all have been duped!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If we believe in God, Then we must believe in Law. The Bible and all biblically mentioned scriptures and viruses in all religion, lead to one thing. The control of all humans thoughts and actions.
We were all taught to live by our respected beliefs. Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddha’s, Muslim etc. all have one common denominator. Each one of these religions has guidelines of how to live, or should I say “Laws“ on how to act and think pertaining to each belief.

Why was this done? Some could say because it is “God‘s” word. I doubt that whole heartedly. I believe each Human carries with them a horrible and in despicable “ 6th sense” which has been named “evil”. Yes, I am saying this “sense” is horrible, because that is what we have been taught from as far back as we can recognize in any scripture in any religion. We could not fathom living in a world full of impure thoughts and actions.

This “sense” needed to be controlled, Human beings needed to find a meaning and a deterrent in controlling why they felt and acted upon this sense. Fear of the unknown seemed to be the perfect example. “God” or whatever the group of homo sapiens who branded this name where called, set out to teach, that all good, loving and kind hearted feelings and actions came from “God” while all other ill mannered thoughts and actions were created by “Evil”. This seemed to work, it also took different forms and belief systems on all parts of the Earth.

Thus giving us “Religion” or “Law”.

In layman’s terms: Dogs have been domesticated to become dependent, loyal, trustworthy, loving and part of a family. A Dog in the wild that has not been domesticated is dangerous, not trusted etc.

A Human in times, we were never made aware of ,could have been the un domesticated dog. After the fear of “God” and “Evil” we now have domesticated humans.

Written by, Justmytype

A true thought 4/03/05

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Justmytype]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Speak for yourself. I believe we are inherently good, start out from a position of love, and only turn 'evil' when our experiences crush our spirits.
Children are, from my experience, mostly kind, accepting, generous, trusting, and loving, until they get the idea that it is all right to be otherwise, from their parents, siblings, peers, teachers, whatever.
So, I disagree with your analogy.
Also, I know someone who has approached and petted wolves in the wild, and being the ancestors of dogs, I expect that the temperment of dogs in the wild would be similar. I trust dogs, and they seem to almost always like me. Friends of mine who hate dogs, get growled at by the same dogs that just licked my face seconds earlier.
'We do not see the world as it is, we see it as we are.' Anais Nin

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Im sorry for not getting back sooner. I do believe as you do that inherently we are born both good and evil. To make what I said a little bit easier for you to understand though, think of a toddler, we all have to teach them not to hit, share etc, thus proving my point that agression is a natural "sense" we are all born with. If all the children of the world were never taught the diffrence between right and wrong as per what thier ancestors were taught through thier respected religions, we would have a society of mass chaos.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I too think we are born good. I mean whens the last time you heard of an evil baby

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Is this the same subject matter as hte thread with the exact same title? I know it was about religion......I don't have time to look for it right now....gotta get to practice, but I saw this thread and was wondering if it is a repeat of the other one for some reasoon...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
so let get this right, with this rethoric of your you are saying that babies are born phsycotic or sociopats but than they are domesticated ...well, if that was true wouldnt there be many dead parents ? Specially those who couldnt "domesticate" their kids??

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Lady V,
No this is an entire new thread with my own interpetation. I came to this conclusion after watching "King Arthur". From watching the movie I followed the refrence to "Peligous". His thoughts in his letters shed light on how I was actually feeling, so I decided to test the grounds and see what others may feel about this conclusion.

Just My thoughts.....

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Instead of jumping to the all mighty phsycotic or sociopats, think of it in its simplist form. Can you truely say in your life span that you have never had any impure or should i say bad thought? How do you know these are bad thoughts? Answer. Because of your upbringing, thus your religion etc. Are they honestly bad thoughts or just a "sense"that has been contolled over time.

Be real and think logically, Children who are not domesticated end up????

I'm sure if your on ATS you are smart enough to answer that one on your own.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Instead of jumping to the all mighty phsycotic or sociopats, think of it in its simplist form. Can you truely say in your life span that you have never had any impure or should i say bad thought? How do you know these are bad thoughts? Answer. Because of your upbringing, thus your religion etc. Are they honestly bad thoughts or just a "sense"that has been contolled over time.

Be real and think logically, Children who are not domesticated end up????

I'm sure if your on ATS you are smart enough to answer that one on your own.

Of course i have had many bad thoughts, you cant even think of the nastiness and eveil that have crossed my head... but i didnt have them when i was 2, 5, 8, 11, 13 years old... it started around 15-16, due to many other factors...

that doesnt mena we are born bad, and dont think anyone would like to go down that raod....that like opening Pandora's Box.

"sorry, i couldn't help myself...i was born bad..."

I do know what you are saying, and it may even be true in a small percentage of the worlds population...

I dont know if "bad thoughts" are just a sense that has been controled, or simply whats left from "animal instinct"...... that would be evolution i think... not domestication, ???

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

that would be evolution i think... not domestication, ???

Well correct, meaning no religion or God. If we did per say come from the "Apes" then religion was something created by man, but for what purpose?? Maybe control. I am not saying my theory is either right or wromg because this is something we will never be able to answer but just speculate about.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Well correct, meaning no religion or God. If we did per say come from the "Apes" then religion was something created by man, but for what purpose?? Maybe control. I am not saying my theory is either right or wromg because this is something we will never be able to answer but just speculate about.

There really is no reason why evolution and religion cant live side by side. The way I see it God created us using evolution.

Oh and ah religion cant control people. You are free to stop believing if you wish to. Believe me Ive known some:shk:

new topics

top topics

join