It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncommon bacteria found in Gulf area by Mississippi-CDC investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has identified for the first time in the USA, samples the bacteria that causes a rare and serious disease called melioidosis. Burkholderia pseudomallei or B. pseudomallei,

was identified through soil and water samples in the Gulf Coast region of Mississippi. Two unrelated people, living in close geographic proximity in the Gulf Coast region of the southern United States became sick with melioidosis two years apart—in 2020 and 2022— prompting state health officials and CDC to take samples and test household products, soil, and water in and around both patients’ homes, with permission. Three of the samples taken from soil and puddle water in 2022 tested positive at CDC for B. pseudomallei, indicating bacteria from the environment was the likely source of infection for both individuals and has been present in the area since at least 2020.

Melioidosis has a wide range of nonspecific symptoms like fever, joint pain, and headaches and can cause conditions that include pneumonia, abscess formation, or blood infections. Worldwide, melioidosis is fatal in 10 – 50% of those infected. B. pseudomallei has historically been found in tropical and sub-tropical areas such as South and Southeast Asia, northern Australia, and parts of Central and South America and Puerto Rico.

www.foodsafetynews.com...
www.health.com...
www.ajmc.com...
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Call me conspiratorial, but I get the feeling that this sort of "story" is just another scaremongering tactic to stop people growing their own fruit and vegetables. Not too dissimilar to how participants can suffer SADS while gardening.

Can Melioidosis do bad things, yes it can, however and once again with a spooky deadly ultra uber dangerous killer, most people infected with B. pseudomallei experience no symptoms.

Hmmm, wasn't all this done recently with another "disease" ..... I can't seem to remember, must be my climate change playing up.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Call me conspiratorial, but I get the feeling that this sort of "story" is just another scaremongering tactic to stop people growing their own fruit and vegetables. Not too dissimilar to how participants can suffer SADS while gardening.

Can Melioidosis do bad things, yes it can, however and once again with a spooky deadly ultra uber dangerous killer, most people infected with B. pseudomallei experience no symptoms.

Hmmm, wasn't all this done recently with another "disease" ..... I can't seem to remember, must be my climate change playing up.

I basically agree.
CoVID!
Then it was Monkey Pox, Monkey Pox, MONKEY POX!
These b@$tard$ keep shoveling the $h!t at us. And you know it's going to keep getting worse until the November elections. But some where in between now and then, they may spread some real deadly virus to keep the people home.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   

And you know it's going to keep getting worse until the November elections

Friend, I can assure you, this is much much bigger than your elections. This is a global issue that has been meticulously planned and is, as far as I can tell, working well for the parasite class.

I follow this guy on Telegram and for anybody unfamiliar with the current War On Food I invite you to checkout the following link;

Iceage Farmer

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Do we have a vaccine for it?

Oh, yeah... They have been working on that one.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

In contrast, subunit vaccines containing one or more antigens or epitopes are deemed to be safer and potentially nonreactogenic. Various antigens have been identified for subunit vaccines against Burkholderia species [23,56,57,58,59]. Burkholderia subunit vaccines have been tested in mice and Rhesus macaques (Table 3) but so far, they have not advanced to clinical trials.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Who had deadly bacteria for August before midterms??

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Apparently there can be airborne transmission.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...]

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Most people have a natural immunity to this bacteria, even though it has not been present in this country other than a few small areas. Most people world wide fight off this microbe unless their immune system is compromised...any bacteria can be dangerous to people who cannot fight it off anymore though. So this bacteria will be dangerous for people on immune system blocking meds, and who are on anti-rejection meds for transplants. Old people will also be susceptable to it if their immune system has gotten weak or does not function right. The same susceptabilities to covid basically apply. A lot of people are taking meds that can make this bacteria a serious problem in this country...that is also why so many people are susceptible to the covid virus too.

I would not worry too much about this bacteria unless you are in the high risk group. That is what I read on this bacteria in a few articles, I guess it shares some properties with other microbes so our immune system can fight it if it is not suppressed.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Most people have a natural immunity to this bacteria, even though it has not been present in this country other than a few small areas. Most people world wide fight off this microbe unless their immune system is compromised...any bacteria can be dangerous to people who cannot fight it off anymore though. So this bacteria will be dangerous for people on immune system blocking meds, and who are on anti-rejection meds for transplants. Old people will also be susceptable to it if their immune system has gotten weak or does not function right. The same susceptabilities to covid basically apply. A lot of people are taking meds that can make this bacteria a serious problem in this country...that is also why so many people are susceptible to the covid virus too.

I would not worry too much about this bacteria unless you are in the high risk group. That is what I read on this bacteria in a few articles, I guess it shares some properties with other microbes so our immune system can fight it if it is not suppressed.

Glad you commented because I got questions. Would persons that have been vaccinated 2-3 times recently be more likely to get these bacterial infections because of compromised immunes systems

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Glad you commented because I got questions. Would persons that have been vaccinated 2-3 times recently be more likely to get these bacterial infections because of compromised immunes systems

Don't know. I like having real impartial evidence to form my opinion, and I doubt if I am going to find the answer to that situation. I have evaluated the evidence in respect to the connection of the vaccine with both other viruses and cancer defense and am pretty convinced that the vaccine does lessen proper immune response to those along with variants of the covid virus that do not contain the active spike protein points in the vaccine. But I have not researched bacteria much for this problem and the sites I did see evidence that it lessened bacteria immunity were not decent quality science sites....but then again I did not actually research this connection in Journal articles so I can't say either way. I did wonder if it would but haven't got to doing research on that yet.

Right now I am doing quite a bit of research on periodic Paralysis and what the triggers are, someone I know is having problems with it or something like it. There are genes that are present that increase risk factors and an improper diet to block the expression of the disease....and the adhd med the person is on does increase thyroid hormone which can also cause a problem with the balance....but a similar situation can occur in people who have taken the vaccine, and this person just took a booster a couple of weeks before the symptoms came on.

Lots of things to consider with this case....lots of possible triggers of the genes to react poorly and leading to severe problems. More than one thing can be causing the problem.

This person does have quite a bit of genetic data that puts them at risk for the disease too.
edit on 31-7-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

And you know it's going to keep getting worse until the November elections

Friend, I can assure you, this is much much bigger than your elections. This is a global issue that has been meticulously planned and is, as far as I can tell, working well for the parasite class.

I follow this guy on Telegram and for anybody unfamiliar with the current War On Food I invite you to checkout the following link;

Iceage Farmer

Just found out today that he had quit YouTube a while back. Hadn't seen him for a while...also Alaskan Prepper got banned for a week. that's how I found out about IF

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Don't know. I like having real impartial evidence to form my opinion, and I doubt if I am going to find the answer to that situation. I have evaluated the evidence in respect to the connection of the vaccine with both other viruses and cancer defense and am pretty convinced that the vaccine does lessen proper immune response to those along with variants of the covid virus that do not contain the active spike protein points in the vaccine. But I have not researched bacteria much for this problem and the sites I did see evidence that it lessened bacteria immunity were not decent quality science sites....but then again I did not actually research this connection in Journal articles so I can't say either way. I did wonder if it would but haven't got to doing research on that yet.

Right now I am doing quite a bit of research on periodic Paralysis and what the triggers are, someone I know is having problems with it or something like it. There are genes that are present that increase risk factors and an improper diet to block the expression of the disease....and the adhd med the person is on does increase thyroid hormone which can also cause a problem with the balance....but a similar situation can occur in people who have taken the vaccine, and this person just took a booster a couple of weeks before the symptoms came on.

Lots of things to consider with this case....lots of possible triggers of the genes to react poorly and leading to severe problems. More than one thing can be causing the problem.

This person does have quite a bit of genetic data that puts them at risk for the disease too.

Thanks Ive learned n the past you know your stuff, FWIW all 3 persons in my current domicile would probably be at risk, as well as we are about to embark on a week-long event with clients and reps from all over the southeast US and a fair amount from the remaining US, it used to be international but COVID put the kibosh on that, as most were Canadian

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Good to hear something is still growing in the gulf after the deepwater horizon and corexit mess. Not surprised it can have a nasty bite.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Thanks Ive learned n the past you know your stuff, FWIW all 3 persons in my current domicile would probably be at risk, as well as we are about to embark on a week-long event with clients and reps from all over the southeast US and a fair amount from the remaining US, it used to be international but COVID put the kibosh on that, as most were Canadian

What is the use of living if you are in fear of everything....I don't consider that fun

I ran across a scientific article, same microbes, stapholacocus and E-coli. If the veggies were grown in pesticide containing fields and treated with antimicrobials and survived, the bacteria were crabby and attacked when eaten. If they were in soils with natural growing plants, they were docile and caused no illnesses. Seems if you piss them off and kill their kin they get cranky and want to get even....the article mentioned they don't know why this happens and they don't even have a clue how to test this phenomenon.

I grew up on a farm, I learned to rinse off veggies before eating them and am not afraid of nature. But I scrub the hell out of veggies or peel them that I get from the store....the chemicals they put on them to poison things and to preserve them scare me more than rubbing a carrot out of the garden on my pants to knock of the dirt and eat it. We grew up in nature, these chemicals they are putting on things are not natural. They genetically engineer bacteria and fungus to create some of these chemistries for food growing and increasing shelf life.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Keep in mind that there's enough microbial life on the planet to be three feet thick if it was all at the Earth's surface. How accurate is that? Not sure, a few inches or a few feet doesn't matter much.

Most things haven't been discovered for lack of looking.

As we mess with our immune function we're going to be "discovering" lots of deadly diseases where there appeared to be none before, because we never had a reason to look. If we continue to destroy natural immune function then natural diseases that we mostly had no problem with will become deadly.

Previously our vaccination efforts worked to boost immune function. Now we seek to change the very operation of our immune system. What could go wrong?

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   

What is the use of living if you are in fear of everything....I don't consider that fun

I ran across a scientific article, same microbes, stapholacocus and E-coli. If the veggies were grown in pesticide containing fields and treated with antimicrobials and survived, the bacteria were crabby and attacked when eaten. If they were in soils with natural growing plants, they were docile and caused no illnesses. Seems if you piss them off and kill their kin they get cranky and want to get even....the article mentioned they don't know why this happens and they don't even have a clue how to test this phenomenon.

I grew up on a farm, I learned to rinse off veggies before eating them and am not afraid of nature. But I scrub the hell out of veggies or peel them that I get from the store....the chemicals they put on them to poison things and to preserve them scare me more than rubbing a carrot out of the garden on my pants to knock of the dirt and eat it. We grew up in nature, these chemicals they are putting on things are not natural. They genetically engineer bacteria and fungus to create some of these chemistries for food growing and increasing shelf life.

I'm not paranoid or even worried, I didn't post the thread.

Secondly, I used to think respiratory viruses were no big deal too, well till my government shut down the country and choked out small businesses for a virus that kills less than 2 percent.

Thirdly did I pretend, say, or infer that we are going to crawl into the basement? because we are not going to, we will be at work regardless and our only concern is if we have enough customers. It's a fickle business we have chosen for our lives profession, Ive already had to talk Monkey Pox BS, believe it or not.

We were this close to having a mask request in the venue and that would have dropped attendance alone by 10-15%. For an industry trying to hang on as it is, so obviously I may question stuff that happens in a region where easily 2/3rds of our clients reside. Especially since it was a topic I was blissfully ignorant of yesterday.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Tropical bacteria and other things originating in warm wet jungles like giant leeches , fungal rots and all kind of prehistoric nasties belong where they are , not in outside regions .

Monkey pox. Ebola , worms , centipedes whatever they are , don't belong here , simple.

Get rid if they start adapting in the wrong place. Steward them , away. .

If that's living in puddle , that's not good .
Soil is a natural balancer , a piece of disease producing fecal matter becomes inert dispersed , rendered ineffective and eventually undetectable as part of humic and other debris of natural soil.
If its living in a puddle, found after it maimed someone, get rid .
It does not belong there in the first place .
Thus ends the biosafety Sermon. Amen

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Bacteria have been around as long as man. Your ancestors lived with them, you can live with them. Yeah, you don't go around drinking puddles that might be contaminated. Read "rickymouse", simple look after yourself safely. The only thing to fear is fear itself. I don't know who said that.

As for "soil is the natural balancer", go and tell all the people that had to move off Gruinard Island when the MOD decided to test Anthrax on their sheep. It's still off limits. Soil is the worsed carrier of diseases.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Well no , soil is good it's a source of natural antibodies too.
Anthrax though , you don't want anthrax , even as few as 10 of those bacteria, inside you you'll be dead.
It c an lay dormant for many years and domeone put nitv there that's why no one's going back on that island.

new topics

top topics

join