It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 23, 2022 Donetsk civilian centers hit hard with White Phosphorous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ukraine support channels today took note of many videos being posted of WP being used on Donetsk. It has happened many times before going all the way back to 2014 and there are videos proving it. Lately, it has become a weekly occurrence. The only unusual thing is that far more videos of it were posted of this attack than normal.

An assortment of claims were made by UA support channels from it was Russia doing it to claiming they are just to illuminate the city.

Here is a portion of the video clips for your viewing.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It seems to be thermite which is illegal to be used on civilian areas.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

yeah, we use it all the time as well. Its legal when used to illuminate, which is down to just what you /say/ you use it for. We definitely used it as an offensive weapon, but got away with it.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Find something besides YouTube videos .
Then you will have something.
Otherwise , just no .

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Here is that something you were wanting.

t.me...

t.me...

The first link has been posted for years the second only for the past month. Plenty of somethings for you that show Ukrainian attacks on Donetsk as well as several of WP being used on Donetsk.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

unless you can prove its not illuminating,then its not a issue. Looks like its illuminating to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

WP is a multipurpose illumination/smoke/incendiary round.

Are you claiming that UA just wanted to see downtown Donetsk buildings from miles away but didn't have any actual flare rounds?
edit on 24-7-2022 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Are you claiming that UA just wanted to see downtown Donetsk buildings from miles away but didn't have any actual flare rounds?

Im speculating from what I seen. if they were going to hurt the population the shells would hit ground first. Those looked like plane dropped or air burst illumination. possibly for Artillery sighting in under cover of darkness.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Find something besides YouTube videos .
Then you will have something.
Otherwise , just no .

This is a very weird comment. It's not some conspiracy theory video, it's literally about 10-15 different videos from the people living in Donetsk. Most of the videos you can see a big chunk of the city and know it's Donetsk. Whats the difference if the video is on YouTube or some other place?

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

unless you can prove its not illuminating,then its not a issue. Looks like its illuminating to me.

Ya illuminating is fine if your in a desert or some empty prairie, not in a huge city with the stuff falling and burning what ever is under it, not to mention inhaling it is toxic. You make no sense, its a huge issue firing it over a city with over a million people. Remember these are all Ukrainians living in this city & Ukraine wants this territory back.

Do you think these people want to go back to living under a government that would be firing this crap above their houses? This is the reason why they separated from Ukraine and got away from this evil government in the first place.
edit on 25-7-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Im speculating from what I seen. if they were going to hurt the population the shells would hit ground first. Those looked like plane dropped or air burst illumination. possibly for Artillery sighting in under cover of darkness.

Plane dropped?

Ummmm ya I don't think Ukraine airforce is flying any planes around there.

You serious?

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   

it's not willy pete.

it's not known who is using it there, both russia and Ukraine have the 9M22S rockets. it was claimed that russia had been using them back in March.

Other images of WP shells fired at night look different to what was seen in Kramatorsk, which appears much more like 9M22S strikes in Syria, as Samir notes. While phosphorus burns a dull yellow and orange with a lot of smoke, while magnesium produces a characteristic bright white flame, which is why it is used for flares. And magnesium is a key component of 9M22S rockets, which is a special munition for the BM-21 “Grad” multiple rocket launcher, a truck-mounted system that can launch a salvo of 40 122mm rockets in 20 seconds.

‘White Phosphorus’ Claimed To Be Used In Ukraine May Really Be Russian Napalm Weapon

and this one from the 24th,

It's not clear who was responsible for the attack, and both Russia and Ukraine possess incendiary weapons. Russian and Ukrainian officials have been contacted for comment

'Thermite Munitions' Rain from Sky on Ukraine's Donetsk in Striking Videos

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel

Plane dropped?

You serious?

Reading comprehension is your friend here. I ALSO SAID AIR BURST. Air burst are fired from Artillery cannons as well. So i appreciate you trying to have a gotcha moment here but you don't noob.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Your link claims that Russia is shelling Donestk with some kind of napalm.

Why would Russia shell the people who are allied with them?

Why do you think the people of Donetsk are too dumb to know which direction the rounds are being fired from?

As I stated in the OP, this isn't the first time Ukraine has fired WP at Donetsk. Not the first time this month, year, or decade.

The people of Donetsk that have come under fire from WP many many times from Ukraine with WP know what is being fired at them and in many of the clips of the video I posted they name it.

Here is a video made from clips between 2014 and 2021 of Donestk under fire from Ukraine.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

An air burst like that disperses the incendiary over a larger area giving it a better chance to start fires.

However, we are talking about psychopaths that fire on the civilians in Donetsk daily so their reasoning could be just to terrorize the people.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   

An air burst like that disperses the incendiary over a larger area giving it a better chance to start fires.

However, we are talking about psychopaths that fire on the civilians in Donetsk daily so their reasoning could be just to terrorize the people.

Those didnt look like the kind the russians used on the steel plant. I saw some hit a tree and instantly go out,which is not characteristic of something that burns even if you put water on it.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

The reason they don't look like what Russia used on the Azovstal steel plant is that they aren't.

Ru used magnesium-based incendiary rounds on Azovstal. It is the same thing they use in ZAB ordinance. It falls fast, burns reddish to orange, and stays in chunks leaving a slag behind.

WP burns white and falls slow as it is gassing leaving a smoke trail while breaking up into smaller pieces.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Plane dropped?

You serious?

Reading comprehension is your friend here. I ALSO SAID AIR BURST. Air burst are fired from Artillery cannons as well. So i appreciate you trying to have a gotcha moment here but you don't noob.

I know you said "air burst" as well, just thought it was very odd you mentioned plane dropped too cause that tells me you don't really know whats going on

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Plane dropped?

You serious?

I know you said "air burst" as well, just thought it was very odd you mentioned plane dropped too cause that tells me you don't really know whats going on

*holds up both middle fingers* Air burst are not dropped from airplanes..smh.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The reason they don't look like what Russia used on the Azovstal steel plant is that they aren't.

Ru used magnesium-based incendiary rounds on Azovstal. It is the same thing they use in ZAB ordinance. It falls fast, burns reddish to orange, and stays in chunks leaving a slag behind.

WP burns white and falls slow as it is gassing leaving a smoke trail while breaking up into smaller pieces.

Strange, seem to look exactly like what hit Azovstal to me:

www.youtube.com...

The only difference is that those hits are at a low angle and much, much lower altitude.

It also look exactly like what Russia used over Kiev:

www.youtube.com...

Was it Ukraine? Was it Russia? Who knows but Russia obviously have the same munitions in active use in Ukraine.
edit on 26-7-2022 by merka because: (no reason given)

top topics

join