It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better the Devil you know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
One of the old mans sayings that still haunts me today, 'better the devil you know.' Being around these traps, guess we have all seen signs of the devil. Things that are obscene, horrific even..,

Did the attack Rudy Giuliani make on the mafia back in his heyday leave him a bit high and dry now when stuck with Hunters laptop? I know the mafia play rough, alcohol, drugs, protection, hookers, gambling, other stuff. Generally still a lot of good family men in it, like their fun while building their roads. Not as disciplined as the US military, but in some ways it is deeper in there roots as the Roman Empire did own the world for a while there.

With the Mafia out the way, has it helped some more subversive, more twisted ideals to surface? A more jungle rules devil to surface? While some Mafia Dons would bend to a lot of things, messing up kids was one with a quick and simple exit. Some of those core values still exist in the biker community, not everywhere though.

I guess, just think about who and what the true enemy is before we crucify and burn just what might help us out of this mess. Take each issue on its own merits.

Now government does look like the devil for some of us, parts of it are truly wicked, more than hookers and booze. I guess, pick your battles. I have disagreed with most at times. As for when push comes to shove, heads up.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I tend to agree with you there. I grew up with the Italianos. Great guys who stood by their mates and family. Some of the young guys were Romeos who sometimes boasted of their conquests, yet if you looked at their sister, well . . .

I reckon their strength laid in their placing the importance of family above all else. Something the modern western way is trying to destroy.

I look at American politics and wonder if the division there is perhaps a trap. As you say; 'better the devil you know.'

edit on 22-7-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: neatness

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

There is only one Satan with many devils or demons following him.
He owns all the kingdoms of this world. Our leaders submit to him.
And that's where the train leaves the tracks for a more obscured
understanding on our part. As to where our leaders are taking us.
You can even watch it now becoming less obscured little by little
until finally the shroud will be peeled back. And we will all have
to choose. Once and forever.

new topics

join