It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California considers bill to ban chemical Bisphenol A from kids' products

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Bisphenol A is found in many products from bottles, nalgene bottles, and pacifiers. Concerned by the buildup of the product within humans, the legislature is debating a ban of the chemical. Industry officials point to CDC stuidies that indicate the levels currently are not a problem.

An obscure chemical in hard plastic baby bottles, liners inside canned food and some water containers lies at the center of controversy as the California Legislature considers a bill to ban it in children's products.

If passed, California would be the first state to limit its use.

Bisphenol A -- the prime chemical in making the polycarbonate plastic popular in durable, clear Nalgene water bottles -- has come under increasing scrutiny in recent years from scientists who caution that it's found in thousands of consumer products and has invaded the human body.
Bisphenol A Ban

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
California wanted to ban dihydrogen monoxide (water) at one time. I think they just want to ban everything with a scientific name.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Fred, I read the article and it sounds a little ominous. But, it is only one side of the sotry. How impartial were those studies, I wonder?
Do you think there is legitimate concern for this chemical? Not just of infants and small children but for those who planb to have children?

Once, I was told by a doctor that aspirin would never get FDA approval today, bacause of safety concerns.
Is this another chemical where the good outweighs the bad?

[edit on 3-4-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
is it just me or does it seem that anything and everything is being linked to being harmfull? yes i will include the very fact of breathing apparently oxygen is harmfull to the human bady as well.
yes i was serious.

is there anything we eat, drink, inhale, or even have contact with that is not somehow harmfull?

join