It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa - Ticking Time Bomb

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Ha yes even though I would never state the above in in Afrikaans pub over there as I'd probably get into a well deserved punch up

Yup, the same humor as sneaking up to a sleeping lion and trying to tickle its balls with a sharp stick. Audacity in the wrong situation can be hilarious.

Let me refer you to this most excellent post written by Uncle Bob.

bobs_uruncle

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

For sure and it all planned by the Commies behind these scenes.

Taking away the agricultural policing Commando system and then the (law abiding) peoples guns................... Got to be a plan in action

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

one word...................... Wowzers

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

They created a marvellous nation....

Yeah, marvellous.....a nation where the vast majority were treated little better than cattle.

If you can't recognise that that system was amoral and had no place in the modern world then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Something HAD to change....just they've replaced one rotten system with another rotten system.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

They created a marvellous nation....

Yeah, marvellous.....a nation where the vast majority were treated little better than cattle.

If you can't recognise that that system was amoral and had no place in the modern world then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Something HAD to change....just they've replaced one rotten system with another rotten system.

They did create a marvelous nation. Totally amazing. Of coarse going back there issues just like there were right here at home and in the States etc, indeed everywhere. Yet things have changed.

The fact that SA got to this point without a Yugoslavia type disintegration is in my opinion one of the wonders of the past century and says multitudes for the people who live there. Totally amazing how they got to this point without serious fracturing apart. Not perfect at all but still an amazing attempt all the same

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

They did create a marvelous nation. Totally amazing.

Yeah, totally amazing....for the lucky few.

Its undeniable that they forged a country from nothing....but the fact that they clung on to Apartheid for so long is inexcusable.
Millions of people treated little better than cattle in their own homeland.....
I understand that it was a different time and different standards but.....

They are now moving forward, but sadly it seems they are hell bent on repeating many of the mistakes their neighbours in Zimbabwe made.....and that would be tragic.

I also understand that for many there will be resentment and bitterness but surely that can't be allowed to cast a shadow over current and future policies.

The fact that SA got to this point without a Yugoslavia type disintegration is in my opinion one of the wonders of the past century and says multitudes for the people who live there.

Not sure that's an accurate analogy or that I'd call it a 'wonder' but I certainly get the point your trying to make and I'd tend to agree.
But for fear of repeating myself, they must not go down the same road Zimbabwe has but the last time I looked it certainly seemed as if they were....and that will do no-one any good.

Can 'we' do more to help?
I don't know. They seem intent on being their own masters - and that's exactly as it should be - but I get the impression that many in 'The West' fear to speak up for fear of being accused of neo-colonialism, or somehow assuming that Africans are less capable etc.
In light of the history I can also understand that reaction but yet again, replicating Zimbabwe's mistakes will be shear insanity.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I respect the kind of soldiers they fielded in the World Wars.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join