It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priory de Sion versus the World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hi everyone. This is my first post here but have been reading the forum for sometime now.

We know most of the secret societies of the world are interlinked with each other in some way or another (eg. I'm sure a high ranking Freemason is a Skull and Bone etc.) but I have had the thought on perhaps that maybe all of these secret societies are after what they can't get to: Priory De Sion. According to myth the Priory guard the holy grail and will not release it to the world until the appropriate moment in time. But what if all of these sectors in society are working together (only in the highest ranks of course because the lower ranks are oblivious of what goes on) to try and take this holy grail and use it for themselves. It seems strange that a lot of societies sprung up between the 1700's and the 1800's (when they perhaps discovered the secret and first started going after it) but the Priory has been around for a very long time (according to myth).

So my theory is: Priory De Sion (good) versus Most secret societies (bad).
We know who is in skull and bones now (Bush, Kerry) but we don't now who is in Priory now. Therefore they must be hiding a graver secret that the others can't get to.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
wth exactly is the holy grail? if it was a cup like in Indiana Jones that would explain how leets live so long (but that would be the biggest load of crap that was ever true).

more than likely the "sacred stone" is the stone of scone or some other coronation thing.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logsti
We know most of the secret societies of the world are interlinked with each other in some way or another (eg. I'm sure a high ranking Freemason is a Skull and Bone etc.)

Actyually, the Skull & Bones and Freemasons are not connected in any way. No "high-ranking freemasons" exist. But even the more influential people in masonry have nothing to do with any college fraternity.

But what if all of these sectors in society are working together (only in the highest ranks of course because the lower ranks are oblivious of what goes on) to try and take this holy grail and use it for themselves.

What society are you speaking of? In masonry, there are no lower ranks, everyone is equal once they have been fully initiated to the 3rd Degree of Master Mason. I'm not sure of other secret societies, but Freemasonry does not work the way you seem to think it does.

So my theory is: Priory De Sion (good) versus Most secret societies (bad).

Why are most secret societies bad? Which are ou referring to?

We know who is in skull and bones now (Bush, Kerry) but we don't now who is in Priory now. Therefore they must be hiding a graver secret that the others can't get to.

I thought the Priory of Sion was fiction??? How do you know this? Also, how does Bush and Kerry's membership mean that they are hiding something nefarious?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

What society are you speaking of? In masonry, there are no lower ranks, everyone is equal once they have been fully initiated to the 3rd Degree of Master Mason. I'm not sure of other secret societies, but Freemasonry does not work the way you seem to think it does.

The Thirty-three Degrees of Freemasonry
33º Grand Inspector General
32º Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret
31º Grand Inspector Inquisitor Commander
30º Grand Elected Knight Kadosh, Knight of the Black and White Eagle
29º Knight of St Andrew
28º Knight of the Sun
27º Commander of the Temple
26º Prince of Mercy
25º Knight of the Brazen Serpent
24º Prince of the Tabernacle
23º Chief of the Tabernacle
22º Prince of Libanus
21º Patriarch Noachite
20º Venerable Grand Master
19º Grand Pontiff
18º Knight of the Pelican and Eagle and Sovereign Prince Rose Croix of Heredom
17º Knight of the East and West
16º Prince of Jerusalem
15º Knight of the Sword, or of the East
14º Scottish Knight of Perfection
13º Royal Arch (of Enoch)
12º Grand Master Architect
11º Sublime Elect
10º Elect of Fifteen
9º Elect of Nine
8º Intendant of the Building
7º Provost and Judge
6º Intimate Secretary
5º Perfect Master
4º Secret Master
--------------------------
3º Master Mason
2º Fellow Craft
1º Entered Apprentice

Don't tell me theres nothing higher than the 3rd degree of Masonry.

I thought the Priory of Sion was fiction??? How do you know this? Also, how does Bush and Kerry's membership mean that they are hiding something nefarious?

O.K. so they deny their membership to this secret society but yet many of them become world leaders, striking coincidence - no. GWB doesn't strike me as a smart man and the President of the USA needs some kind of compitence to be able to lead the most powerful nation. I doubt if hes even the smartest of his own little county. Most of all and to the point of your quote regarding Skull and Bones - you can't tell me GWB's Yale degree got him the Presidency alone there were definately outside (even inside) influences. He was meant to be there for a reason and that reason is the NWO.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Hi everyone. This is my first post here but have been reading the forum for sometime now.

We know most of the secret societies of the world are interlinked with each other in some way or another (eg. I'm sure a high ranking Freemason is a Skull and Bone etc.) but I have had the thought on perhaps that maybe all of these secret societies are after what they can't get to: Priory De Sion. According to myth the Priory guard the holy grail and will not release it to the world until the appropriate moment in time. But what if all of these sectors in society are working together (only in the highest ranks of course because the lower ranks are oblivious of what goes on) to try and take this holy grail and use it for themselves. It seems strange that a lot of societies sprung up between the 1700's and the 1800's (when they perhaps discovered the secret and first started going after it) but the Priory has been around for a very long time (according to myth).So my theory is: Priory De Sion (good) versus Most secret societies (bad).

Are you aware that the Skull & Bones Society is a college club not related to the Freemasons? Are you also aware that the Skull & Bones Society is just a social club?

Where did you hear of this information? Could it be Dan Brown??

Why do you think they are hidding a graver secret just because you don't know about it??

Get a clue dude.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
One Dan Brown book and everyone's a bloody expert.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You have voted Nerdling for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
These two I find really nice:

6º Intimate Secretary

31º Grand Inspector Inquisitor Commander

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Secret societes although intriguing wield very little power. I find it hard to believe that there is an evil consesus among them. As for thr priory of Sion they are concerned with spiritual power. There is no order running the earth with awesome power malevolent or otherwise. The people that are involved mainly help in the community and at worse are an old boys network for example helping someone escape a speeding fine.
These organisations exist at the highest level, and are running governments but its naive to think they are evil.

Big D

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
ok im getting tired of this. Im no mason btw but i have to say that you guys have obviously not studied the structure of the frat. Extra SIDE ORDERS NOT REQUIRED after the 3rd degree have the same effect on rank as ribbons and medals do in the military. In other words, it just looks good on your uniform.

maybe within the side orders themselves the constitute a rank, but i havent heard any mason confirm that. but in regular masonry they do not give status beyond 3rd degree.

btw, i wouldnt underestimate the power of high class social clubs and frats. regardless.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have no clue if the Priory of Sion is a 1950's era fictitious creation or a real organization, but I have questions that beg answers, and the only answers I have seen that offer anything plausible are in books that mention it. Who here has studied Rennes Les Chateaux? Where did Sauniere get his money? Don't say the collection plate, cuz I don't buy that at all. And what is up with all the symbolism in his new construction, ie: the stations of the cross, and the water basin demon? Why did royalty visit him? Anyone?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Are you basing your questions off "Holy Blood, Holy Grail"? If not that book is a great resource. It asks and anwsers many questions.

If you have not read it, you would enjoy it very much.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a suggestion:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
with so many people looking for information on societies, names and secrets it can be assumed that is these societies are real to the point where they are acctualy organized structures and not yahoos thrown together to feel important, that they activly go out and search for information on them selves on the internet etc, following this reasoning, there is a high probability that there are several members of different societies watching ATS........better yet, the best way to control the flow of information is to own the location when information is exchanged.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Don't tell me theres nothing higher than the 3rd degree of Masonry.

You made the SAME mistake that every other conspiracy theory has made!!! Go back and reads some additional threads, or do some research and find out that in regular masonry there is NO DEGREE HIGHER than that of 3RD DEGREE MASTER MASON!!! All others are "appendant" degrees and are in addition to 3rd degree. For example, a mason can be a 3rd degree master mason and a 32nd degree scottish rite mason. The 3rd is often not mentioned because it is assumed that one is a Master Mason in order to take the appendant degrees.

Once you are a Master Mason, you have all the same benefits and priviledges as a 33rd degree scottish rite mason and, if you are an officer, you have MORE authority than a 33rd degree mason.

O.K. so they deny their membership to this secret society but yet many of them become world leaders, striking coincidence - no.

And many of them DON'T become world leaders. What's your point?

Most of all and to the point of your quote regarding Skull and Bones - you can't tell me GWB's Yale degree got him the Presidency alone there were definately outside (even inside) influences. He was meant to be there for a reason and that reason is the NWO.

I never said a Yale degree got Bush the presidency. A majority of votes and smart political strategy got Bush the presidency.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Gather round all ye, the deal with the Priory has been settled for some time. Holy Blood Holy Grail was a book of interesting questions and "possible theories" the authors do not claim that any of it is positively true or not, they just put forward ideas.

There's a very good article from the spring 1999 issue of Gnosis Magazine about the Priory called "The Priory Of Scion Hoax." Read it, it's great.

Bottom line, yes the Priory was real, no it was not an ancient order, it sprung up around the time of the rise of Nazism. They were really just a wannabe secret society and a bunch of Nazi suck-ups, really not the "good guys" at all.

They had a really inventive idea to give their little club legitimacy in the eyes of the Nazis and the colaborationist government that the Nazis installed in France. They forged a great many documents and planted them in libriaries and repositories. Trying to make people believe that they were an ancient order. As much as I hate em I gotta give em points for originality.

I'd also dispute that the Freemasons are really the "bad guys" they're a fraternal organization that offers a moral framework and has a good deal of history. Not really too much more. The influence that they had upon the American and French revolutions was based more upon their ideas of equality rather than anything sinister or distrustful. They're pretty well harmless, and do a great great deal of good through things like the Shriner's hospitals and their social programs.

As always, any further questions please feel free to U2U me. Blessed Be All!
~Astral

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
I have no clue if the Priory of Sion is a 1950's era fictitious creation or a real organization, but I have questions that beg answers, and the only answers I have seen that offer anything plausible are in books that mention it. Who here has studied Rennes Les Chateaux? Where did Sauniere get his money? Don't say the collection plate, cuz I don't buy that at all. And what is up with all the symbolism in his new construction, ie: the stations of the cross, and the water basin demon? Why did royalty visit him? Anyone?

anyone.......

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

anyone.......

I've looked into Rennes a little bit, not too much but read a couple papers and such. I'm still out to lunch on it myself but one must remember that at that time the Church had quite a few things it wanted to keep under covers. Atrocities commited in the crusades were probably top among those but I'm more inclined to think it did have something to do with the Knights Templar, at least with what I have read. I would put my money on the idea that he found something proving that the King of France blackmailed the Pope into labeling the Templar heritics, which would make the pope look very weak and give the other kings of Europe the idea that they could boss the Chuch around for their own ends.

With that I'm betting his wad o' cash was political hush money to keep the evidence quiet and preserve the Church's place as a major power seat. This could also explain why the royalty visited him, trying to get the story out of him I'd guess.

As for the new construction, hey there is some very odd architecture at a great many churches around the world, nothing new with that. The man was rather eccentric I think, and it could have just been his personal tastes. Not quite sure on that one either, but it seems like a logical conclusion as it's true about a great many other oddities in design at other churches.

~Astral

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have read over a dozen books specifically devoted to Rennes, and many more that refer to it, and I must say my conclusions differ from yours. The general consensus of the books I have read is that he found geneological records of some kind. The Hapsburg family, which by the way is the titular Jewish Royal Family I hear, were the most frequent visitors of note to Rennes. They were interested in what he found, possibly cuz it related to their own history. That, to me, is the more obvious conclusion, if the books I read are credible.
Regarding the odd architecture at Rennes, and also throughout Gothic cathedrals, I cannot believe that the basis for these figures, etc. is just personal taste and no more. It sounds like they just added them on a whim, kind of a lark, no real reason, to say that. I feel there must be a reason.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Very well could be Blackguard, as a friend of the Hapsburgs he could have gotten his fortune that way, it was very profitable to be friends with royalty.

I asked a friend of my who's an art history major and he says the demonic images in gothic architecture were supposed to instil fear of hell in the parish. Which makes a lot of sense as the prime motivator the Chruch was pushing those days was fear of damnation. Physical evil was believed to be as real those days as breathing, demons were just as true as a dog or cat. With this kind of mindset the architecture makes quite a bit more sense.

Take Care
~Astral

<<   2 >>

join