It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babel 2.0 - A present day historical reality.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This post is a redux (edited and added to) of a reply to a thread on a related topic. I felt like the thoughts were worth posting as a stand-alone topic.

(Now, this is a thread that addresses current events from a Christian and Biblical world-view. We all know that there are people here who hate that perspective, who sometimes rage against it. I'd ask that you please refrain from diversionary vitriol. You're not going to change anybody's mind by being an ass, and will, in fact, pretty much just bolster what I'm saying here, that the spirit of antichrist is thriving for the time being. Polite opposing thought are welcome; challenge me. Just don't be an ass, please.)

I think that it seems to many of us that humanity is on the precipice of an unprecedented phase of history, and many (if not most) don't think it a good phase. The things that seem to be coming down the road don't look to be friendly to human-kind or human civilization. It is what I refer to as Babel 2.0.

I belive that there are deep cosmic and spiritual reasons for this. I am of the opinion that no human power will stop what is coming. This is neither fatalism or defeatism; on the contrary, it is rooted in a hope based on what I believe to be promises that are established on divine providence, a hope that assures me that in the end everything will be put right (what we call in theological terms "redemption"), and when it does, we will see that in the context of divine wisdom it will have all been worth it. (See Romans 8:18) This does not mean that we should comply and not resist. It will mean different things to different people in terms of how and to what extent we engage. I will explain the basis of my thoughts on this:

I believe the Biblical narrative to be historically accurate. The narrative is undoubtedly truncated - not replete with minutia of details like you'd expect a modern novel to have - and we're sometimes given only that which is necessary for our understanding and for the cohesion of the over-arching narrative that spans from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. That said, I believe that the story of the Tower of Babel represents a factual occurrence, a real historical event in which direct divine intervention protected humankind from sewing the seeds of its own destruction. Whether it is told in a allegorical fashion or as an actual historical event is, for the sake of this discussion, irrelevant.

For anyone not familiar with the story, you can read it here: www.biblegateway.com...

The TL;DR is that mankind had disobeyed God's mandate to multiply throughout the earth and subdue God's creation. Instead, they had largely settled in one vast urban metropolis and were building a tower, a spiritual temple that was intended to thrust mankind into the place of the gods. (I believe that there was technology being implemented here that we are not aware of, but that's a topic for another thread.)

The end of this chapter of human history was that God the Creator saw what man was doing and put a stop to it for mankind's own good. Genesis 11:6 says that God's reaction to the construction of the Tower was thus:

And the Lord said, “Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them."

Technological advances are always touted as being for the greater good, for the improvement of humanity, but they are always turned to evil. This was the point at which mankind stood at this time in history. The unified power of of the intelligence and creative nature that God had put in humanity was going to be turned to ultimate evil. God's decision to stop them was not the act of a petulant deity crashing the party; it was - as are all acts of divine judgment - the work of a merciful Creator saving his creation from self-destruction.

We now stand at that precipice once again. The socio-economic-political-religious behemoth that seems to be a multi-headed monster (WEF, WHO, UN, etc.) is our modern day Tower of Babel. This is the spirit of antichrist that the scriptures speak of. I have never been convinced that there will be an Antichrist (note the uppercase "A"), but there is no doubt that the spirit of antichrist is thriving in the world of God-haters and destroyers of mankind.

...every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. ~I John 4:3

My take (and this is only my take, I claim no special revelation or prophetic insight) is that we may be allowed to go much further this time - to the very brink of utter calamity - before divine intervention saves us and pulls us back from the edge of complete annihilation. The folly of pride and the destructive nature of sin and rebellion need to be exposed completely for what it truly is; death. Thus it has been since the beginning, and like stupid children, mankind won't see it until the destruction is upon us. Light and dark have collided since that moment in creation when God said, "Let there be light," (which is the physical manifestation in this realm of his divine nature) and the existence of darkness (which has no place in the nature or make-up of God and spiritually represents the lack of light and the lack of God's influence).

I really believe (and again, this is not defeatism or fatalism) that just as God spoke in Genesis 11:6, there will be no earthly power that will stop them. At this point in history, the earth belongs to the powers of darkness, what Paul referred to in Ephesians 2:2 as "the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience..."That authority, though, was only granted or given, as the devil confessed in Luke 4:6 when, attempting to tempt Jesus into worshiping him, he said:

“To you I will give all this authority and their glory, for it has been delivered (or granted) to me, and I give it to whom I will."

The people and organizations that are driving this dark agenda are working in conjunction with that evil darkness and that evil darkness, because of the sin of mankind, has a certain legal, granted and limited authority to work its darkness in this world ... for now. That time of granted authority will end according to the timing of the Creator.

There's a seemingly strange passage in Genesis 15:16, God having told Abraham something of his future plans for Abraham's descendants, that a certain time would be fulfilled on a certain condition:

" And they shall come back here in the fourth generation, for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete.”

(cont'd ...)
:
edit on 2022 6 16 by incoserv because: title, typos, clarification.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv
(cont'd ...)

God allowed the Amorite people to continue on in their ever-increasing wickedness to the point that even the hardest of sinners could not deny the call for justice (judgment). 2 Peter 3:9 tells us:

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you,not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Many mistake God's patience for tolerance. God is NOT tolerant of sin! At some point, the cry for justice and judgment becomes louder than the cry for patience and mercy and that judgment comes down. It may seem slow coming to us, but "the Lord is not slow to fulfill is promises as some count slowness!

Again, what this means on an individual level is for each person who understands it to figure out on his or her own. Whether your calling would be to stand boldy and publically against the flood of evil, or to "circle the wagons" and "hold the fort" until the easter sky breaks open and the Son of man appears, you have to work out on your own. At any rate, I believe that this is where we stand today. Any who chooses to stand on the side of LIGHT must be ready for warfare. those who reject LIGHT, TRUTH, RIGHT, GOD'S LAW will seem to have an easy time or a while, but in the end there will literally be hell to pay.
:
edit on 2022 6 16 by incoserv because: stuff.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

How many people will be able to resist stepping into a matrix like world as the main protagonist completing little tasks along the way as a form of earning money?

Imagine living inside a mobile game ads and all 24/7.

Once humanlike machines with an organic outer layers replace most skilled labour jobs that's pretty much the end of life as we know it.

We are becoming a pet project and a lot of useless eaters are going to be written off as a liability on a piece of paper.

Human rights are almost gone.

To comply or not to comply.

This will be humanity's last stand.
edit on 16-6-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

How many people will be able to resist stepping into a matrix like world as the main protagonist completing little tasks along the way as a form of earning money?

Imagine living inside a mobile game ads and all 24/7.

Once humanlike machines with an organic outer layers replace most skilled labour jobs that's pretty much the end of life as we know it.

We are becoming a pet project and a lot of useless eaters are going to be written off as a liability on a piece of paper.

Human rights are almost gone.

To comply or not to comply.

This will be humanity's last stand.

And the reality is that this is not a war against humanity. It is a war against humanity's Creator. These god-haters cannot get at God, so they wage a proxy war against God's creation, much like someone who can't harm an enemy might harm his family.

They will lose.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Whichever way you slice it, there is commonality here that unites across belief systems and it would be prudent to realise unlikely allies.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Whichever way you slice it, there is commonality here that unites across belief systems and it would be prudent to realise unlikely allies.

I recently listened to a presentation by an Islamic scholar or imam or something about this topic, and was surprised to hear many parallel thoughts expressed. He even used the term "antichrist" repeatedly.

Ultimately, we'll all have to decide where we stand. And making the right decision won't be the easy way in the short term, but the results of the wrong one will suck long-term.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thank you for all the work you put into this thread! I very much enjoyed it!

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Babel was the first economic system set up after the Flood of Noah. Cain had the first Economic Center called a "City" complete with manufacturing of both secular and religious needs and Agricultural trade.

The current economic system is not of God it is of Satan.

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
... I have never been convinced that there will be an Antichrist (note the uppercase "A"), but there is no doubt that the spirit of antichrist is thriving in the world of God-haters and destroyers of mankind. ...

The only Bible writer to use the word “antichrist” is the apostle John. How did he describe the antichrist? Note these words in the first letter bearing his name: “Young children, it is the last hour, and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared, from which fact we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of our sort . . . Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.”​—1 John 2:18, 19, 22.

What do we learn from those words? John mentioned “many antichrists,” indicating that the antichrist is, not an individual, but a collective term. People or organizations making up the antichrist spread lies, deny that Jesus is the Christ, or the Messiah, and try to distort the relationship between God and His Son, Jesus Christ. Those who make up the antichrist claim to be Christ or his representatives, but since “they went out from us,” they deviated from true Bible teachings. Furthermore, this group was present at the time when John wrote his letter, in “the last hour,” presumably the end of the time of the apostles.

What else did John write regarding the antichrist? Speaking about false prophets, he warned: “Every inspired statement that acknowledges Jesus Christ as having come in the flesh originates with God. But every inspired statement that does not acknowledge Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s inspired statement that you have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.” (1 John 4:2, 3) Then, in his second letter, John reiterated this point: “Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.” (2 John 7) Clearly, John understood the antichrist to be all who deliberately spread religious deception about Jesus Christ and Jesus’ teachings.

Long before John wrote about such religious deceivers, Jesus Christ advised his followers: “Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves.” (Matthew 7:15) The apostle Paul likewise warned Christians in Thessalonica: “Let no one lead you astray in any way, because it [the day of Jehovah] will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.”​—2 Thessalonians 2:3.

Hence, in the first century, false prophets and apostates were already at work, endeavoring to weaken the Christian congregation. All those involved in spreading lies and religious deception about Jesus Christ and his teachings were included in John’s term “antichrist.” Jehovah’s view of them was revealed when Paul described them as “the son of destruction.”

What about today? People and organizations making up the antichrist still oppose Christ and his teachings. They deliberately spread lies and deceptions with the intent of confusing the identity of the Father, Jehovah God, and of His Son, Jesus Christ. We have good reason to beware of such religious deceptions. 2 examples:

For centuries, the churches propagated the doctrine of the Trinity, claiming that the Father and the Son are part of the same entity. The antichrist thus shrouds in mystery the identity of Jehovah God and Jesus Christ. This mystery hinders sincere people from imitating Jesus Christ and drawing close to God, as the Bible encourages them to.​—1 Corinthians 11:1; James 4:8.

The churches add to the confusion by promoting the use of Bible translations that omit God’s personal name, Jehovah, from the text. They do this despite the fact that the name Jehovah occurs some 7,000 times in the original text of the Bible. The result? The identity of the true God becomes even more shrouded in mystery.

On the other hand, knowing God’s name, Jehovah, has helped many honesthearted worshippers to draw closer to God.

For centuries, the antichrist has kept millions in spiritual darkness. But by studying God’s Word, the Bible, we are able to learn the true identity of the antichrist and be set free from the antichrist’s religious lies and deceptions.​—John 17:17.

John 8:31,32:

Then Jesus went on to say to the Jews who had believed him: “If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Many people view the Trinity as “the central doctrine of the Christian religion.” According to this teaching, the Father, Son, and holy spirit are three persons in one God. Cardinal John O’Connor stated about the Trinity: “We know that it is a very profound mystery, which we don’t begin to understand.” Why is the Trinity so difficult to understand?

The Illustrated Bible Dictionary gives one reason. Speaking of the Trinity, this publication admits: “It is not a biblical doctrine in the sense that any formulation of it can be found in the Bible.” Because the Trinity is “not a biblical doctrine,” Trinitarians have been desperately looking for Bible texts​—even twisting them—​to find support for their teaching.

You can find some examples here (I'll quote a different section though):

Trinity (Reasoning From the Scriptures)

What is the origin of the Trinity doctrine?

The New Encyclopædia Britannica says: “Neither the word Trinity, nor the explicit doctrine as such, appears in the New Testament, nor did Jesus and his followers intend to contradict the Shema in the Old Testament: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord’ (Deut. 6:4). . . . The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies. . . . By the end of the 4th century . . . the doctrine of the Trinity took substantially the form it has maintained ever since.”—(1976), Micropædia, Vol. X, p. 126.

The New Catholic Encyclopedia states: “The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title the Trinitarian dogma. Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective.”—(1967), Vol. XIV, p. 299.

In The Encyclopedia Americana we read: “Christianity derived from Judaism and Judaism was strictly Unitarian [believing that God is one person]. The road which led from Jerusalem to Nicea was scarcely a straight one. Fourth century Trinitarianism did not reflect accurately early Christian teaching regarding the nature of God; it was, on the contrary, a deviation from this teaching.”—(1956), Vol. XXVII, p. 294L.

According to the Nouveau Dictionnaire Universel, “The Platonic trinity, itself merely a rearrangement of older trinities dating back to earlier peoples, appears to be the rational philosophic trinity of attributes that gave birth to the three hypostases or divine persons taught by the Christian churches. . . . This Greek philosopher’s [Plato, fourth century B.C.E.] conception of the divine trinity . . . can be found in all the ancient [pagan] religions.”—(Paris, 1865-1870), edited by M. Lachâtre, Vol. 2, p. 1467.

John L. McKenzie, S.J., in his Dictionary of the Bible, says: “The trinity of persons within the unity of nature is defined in terms of ‘person’ and ‘nature’ which are G[ree]k philosophical terms; actually the terms do not appear in the Bible. The trinitarian definitions arose as the result of long controversies in which these terms and others such as ‘essence’ and ‘substance’ were erroneously applied to God by some theologians.”—(New York, 1965), p. 899.

And more in this playlist:

He is a liar! (part 1 of 2)
edit on 18-6-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

One who feed his heart with false teaching of the AWAKE/Watchtower/Jehovah Witnesses will develop a hard heart. Because he is not protected by the Holy Ghost from such teachings.

new topics

top topics

join