It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predator 5 : Prey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Looks nice but it seems the Predators aren't as hard as we thought they were.
Releases August 5, 2022.

The origin story of the Predator in the world of the Comanche Nation 300 years ago. Naru, a skilled female warrior, fights to protect her tribe against one of the first highly-evolved Predators to land on Earth.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The Predator movies are getting worse and worse with every movie.

The first movie was and still is the best.

Already from the trailer it is clear that this film will be nonsense.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A god dam bow and arrow to take on an alien which is designed for battle, who can travel from planet to planet with ease, seems like a decent match up

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
>Shoots bear with arrow and then very obviously runs away from it for her life while hoping it bleeds to death or something before it reaches her
>Crawls inside beaver dam which bear proceeds to easily tear apart
>Something suddenly kills bear
>Invisible alien lifts bear's entire body into the air
>"Don't worry everyone, I'll protect you and kill it!"

Come on now.
edit on 6/14/2022 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This story does not fit. The preditors were on Earth thousands of years ago as the antarctic pyramid showed when they hunted the xenomorphs. Someone knows nothing of continuity.

Can't have an orgin story when they were already here many times before.

Now back to work on my exopack.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

Watch this and see how this movie is nothing but a huge woke joke:

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
This story does not fit. The preditors were on Earth thousands of years ago as the antarctic pyramid showed when they hunted the xenomorphs.

You assume that the filmmakers are interested in the consistency of what is happening on the screen and in the connection of this part with other parts of this saga.

I guess they are more interested in having a taut stream of feminism in this film of theirs, in line with today's US ideological framework.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

A god dam bow and arrow to take on an alien which is designed for battle, who can travel from planet to planet with ease, seems like a decent match up

Only if the Comanche wait for a few more Predators to show .

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Watch this and see how this movie is nothing but a huge woke joke:

I agree with what the video says.

It is noticeable that now in Hollywood the main villains are white men.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I bet its going to be awesome with some candy and beer..

The predator will most likely not use its full arsenal against an native american woman with a bow, to make it more sporty and fair.

Only thing that bothers me in the trailers, is that the natives speak english, would be more cool if they were speaking navajo or something.

I am looking forward to this

It also fits perfectly with old lore, you know wendigos skinwalkers and whatnots, besides there really are creatures with that almost see through camo thing going on, i have seen them once, as have many others.
edit on 14-6-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
This story does not fit. The preditors were on Earth thousands of years ago as the antarctic pyramid showed when they hunted the xenomorphs. Someone knows nothing of continuity.

Can't have an orgin story when they were already here many times before.

Now back to work on my exopack.

You aren't wrong but after watching For All Mankind, we got all kinds of alternative history happening to real history, besides this is set farther in the future, could have sworn the last thing the Predators did in early history the Antarctic was nuking the planet but it didn't end humans and there were still native people later down, etc.

as well as the now-familiar PC tropes...which means usually it will suck because it is forced into the story. LOL, I'll watch cause I loved the original.
edit on 14-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That is just one aspect that the video points out.

For some reason it has to be this 5ft 90pound little girl that is the only one capable of protecting the men in the movie. She says she also wants to hunt to show that she as a girl can also do it and do it better (Girl power and men (of any race) are weak.

She then goes on to hunt and ironically completely fails at it. Then this tiny lightweight girl becomes the hunter of this predator alien even though she could not even successfully beat a bear and had to hide from it. Of course she will succeed in this while the indian men are just bumbling about and she is the only one capable of killing a Predator all of a sudden and the white men are just there to present evil.

Like i said. This movie is just another huge woke joke.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

Only thing that bothers me in the trailers, is that the natives speak english, would be more cool if they were speaking navajo or something.

Because that woke move worked so well for Steven Spielberg's musical?

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Seems based off of the predator comic book story arc, idk still looks like trash though.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The original film was great. All the latter Predator films suck.

"He'll come back again, and when he does, I'm gonna cut your name right into him."

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

a reply to: XipeTotex

Because that woke move worked so well for Steven Spielberg's musical?

I dont know, i like how it sounds, also like to watch indian and egyptian movies,, well in any other language than english or my language. But yankees cant deal with subtitles so english it is then.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I had not realized who made this. I now see the main problem. It is predator vs. Disney princess. That mouse has broke everything it touches in the past 10 years or more.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

What? You mean disney?

I think the stuff from the last two years has been pretty good, its like they are open about occultism and stuff like that, instead of dancing around it like a bunch of sunday satanists.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

She then goes on to hunt and ironically completely fails at it. Then this tiny lightweight girl becomes the hunter of this predator alien

Like i said. This movie is just another huge woke joke.

If they're going to present her as some kind of expert hunter, at least make the bear hunt realistic instead of showing her hunting the bear in the most idiotic way possible - putting herself in its direct path in full view of it before pissing it off by shooting it in the neck with an arrow, and then running away from it.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

C`mon man, give it some slack, i remember reading about one actual bear hunting story from the 40s, happened in Russia, a bunch of men with guns went to this hibernation spot, one got a huge stick to poke it awake while the rest waited, pointing the guns at the spot, once the bear woke, it smashed trough the snow, and ran straight towards the closest rifle man, it bit him in the arm, he lost a finger, he tried to shoot it but missed, the other men had dropped their guns and ran away as soon as the bear jumped out, even the dog ran away.

edit on 14-6-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join