It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Viking Offering - SN2022 - Writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
They needed pass these waters to get home. And they knew, if you wanted to live, they need sail by night

The silence of the night made the glowing blue light beneath the still waters look all the more horrifying as it approached their boats

Only their King remained calm

He silently fetched the girl. The most beautiful young woman they could steal for their journey home. Untouched and pure

She screamed as the King threw her into blue-lit night waters, but was quickly gone

Taking its payment, the light disappeared …

Allowing their boats to pass

THE END

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Appreciate your added submission.

Good Luck in the Contest!
Johnny

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

That blue light/entity is totally evil!

I know it's about Vikings, but somehow, I keep picturing it set on the Nile in Ancient Egypt or maybe along the Amazon. Weird how the mind works...

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The longer story is much darker and strange

It is part of a vision I had many years ago where I was leading a group of Vikings into battle on enemy shores

It was vivid. Almost like I was seeing something which actually happened

Some of the details of what I saw, were way to specific to be random imagination

Such as, rituals and things we did, after we slaughtered those we were fighting against (they were seriously no match. We were massively outnumbered and still suffered barely any loss or injuries)

After they are defeated, I had a graphic vision of cutting their leaders heart out, then using his sword to stake it to his body, into the ground, through his throat

The strange part was, although it looked barbaric, it was actually a sign of respect

Using their sword to stake their heart to the ground, through their throat, symbolised them dying for their convictions

Their actions and words, one in death with the land they fought for

But, it was the specifics that I found odd

Like, after the vision, I knew the best way to cut out someone's heart, is to slice under the rib cage, so you could reach up inside and pull it out

Something I never knew (or cared to know) before this

They are almost like visions from another life

Anyways, the point is, that I saw the blue light under the water as part of the same vision

It was in a massive northern European bay or inlet, freezing cold, with mountains on either side

It felt like we, the Viking travelers, knew the light well. We would encounter it on the seas in our journeys so often, that we could recognise it was coming, before it even showed itself

It had to do with the cloud formations

We would see particular unnatural looking clouds in the sky, when they were near

We didn't sacrifice the woman on the boat to it though in the vision I had. I changed the story, so it would fit into a 100 word format

Her fate was very different. But, she survived

The blue light was less evil in reality, and also communicated

But it was, most definitely, a gatekeeper of sorts. Deciding on whether it would let ships pass, or sink them

I may, or may not write the full-length story one day
edit on 10 6 22 by Compendium because: Correcting auto-correct

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

Thanks for expanding the concept... I'd love to read the full story, but not on a full stomach, too gory!

new topics

top topics

join