It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent 411 case in Montana averted.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ryker Webb, a 4-year-old boy, had been missing in northwestern Montana for two days, was found on Sunday "in good spirits," despite being "hungry, thirsty, and cold," the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office announced.

Ryker Webb disappeared around 3:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon while playing with his family's dog n the yard outside of his home near mile marker 18 along Highway 56 on the east side of Bull Lake near the Kootenai National Forest. A concerned neighbor called 911 and said Webb might have gone missing in the Bull Lake area, south of Troy. Law enforcement and David Thompson Search and Rescue responded. Search managers deployed ground crews and ATV riders, along with several drones, dog teams and a boat unit on the lake. On Saturday, two Montana National Guard helicopters joined search efforts and drones from Flathead County and the Spokane Police Department responded along with more dog teams. Dense vegetation, rain and poor visibility made search conditions difficult. On Sunday, about 53 search personnel were out looking for Webb when law enforcement was notified he was located. Deputies responded to Pine Ridge Road off South Fork Bull River Road in Sanders County.

Here is a close-up of where he was found.

How did the neighbor know where to look for the child.
Part of David Paulides criteria for 411, is storms or in-climate weather move in quickly and hamper rescue efforts. Frequently, male children are involved. And something David always wonders about is, those that are found miles and miles away from the last known position, is the condition of their feet. Look at his feet. The bottoms are worn and scuffed, but they would be in worse condition if he had even tried to walk a mile in the mountainous woods where he was found.
edit on v042022Mondaypm30America/ChicagoMon, 06 Jun 2022 19:04:01 -05001 by Violater1 because: location

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So a concerned neighbor called and not the parents? Did the parents even care or notice? I'm glad the little guy was found ok, as a follower of Paulides and Missing 411 plenty of others have not fared so well.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thank God he was found unharmed.

Part of David Paulides criteria for 411, is storms or in-climate weather move in quickly and hamper rescue efforts.

One of the strangest cases I've read about was a young boy disappearing in the Appalachian Forest Area. The weather had been mild for days, but when the search began, it became overcast and then rained for days.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Katatonik
So a concerned neighbor called and not the parents? Did the parents even care or notice? I'm glad the little guy was found ok, as a follower of Paulides and Missing 411 plenty of others have not fared so well.

It is possible the family was frantically looking for him and the neighbor was just the one to call. Some of those rural places have only land lines as far as service. It's really hard to say with the story as-is.
edit on 6-6-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Very lucky little boy, glad he is ok.

I always wonder about the parents in these situations, at that age i wouldn't let my kid out of my sight outdoors, not even for a second.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Part of David Paulides criteria for 411, is storms or in-climate weather move in quickly and hamper rescue efforts.

One of the strangest cases I've read about was a young boy disappearing in the Appalachian Forest Area. The weather had been mild for days, but when the search began, it became overcast and then rained for days.

Is that the one where the little boy said that a Bear had taken him and kept him warm? Yet bears were still in hibernation at that time.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   

“Hey boy, glad you is ook. Now. Lemme see them feet”.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

look at his feet.

no shoes

what is up with all these cases taking their shoes off?

cant put this want to hypothermia disrobing

glad he is okay

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

That is quite possible, and without a link to the story or anything it is hard to say. That was just my first thoughts on reading the OP. If I had a four year old they would never be out of my sight outdoors/indoors/wherever. I understand anything can happen at anytime, but the way I was raised (stranger danger) and just my personal beliefs on there's more to the world than we know (things that go bump in the night). I'm more in the extra vigilant territory.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I was a big fan of Paulides and pre-ordered all his books until the documentary where he featured the DeOrr Kunz case. He ignored critical facts to make it fit the MO of Missing 411 cases. With a little research of the cases he writes about in his books, I discovered that isn't uncommon for him.

There are enough truly mysterious cases to write about without without throwing in ones with clear evidence or at least enough suspicion to indicate foul play.

His credibility is suspect in too many cases for me to buy any more of his books.

I'm sure glad the little guy was found safe! His story should be interesting.

edit on 100000077America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Is that the one where the little boy said that a Bear had taken him and kept him warm? Yet bears were still in hibernation at that time.

I think that was one of the cases where the missing person was never found.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here's a link with some decent info, they got very lucky missing from Friday afternoon till Sunday Morning wow. Still I got questions but glad he is safe

www.kxlh.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Katatonik
a reply to: Halfswede

That is quite possible, and without a link to the story or anything it is hard to say. That was just my first thoughts on reading the OP. If I had a four year old they would never be out of my sight outdoors/indoors/wherever. I understand anything can happen at anytime, but the way I was raised (stranger danger) and just my personal beliefs on there's more to the world than we know (things that go bump in the night). I'm more in the extra vigilant territory.

Well not only that it's summer time and all the critters are out, at 4 years old in Montana? 2 nights outdoors and nothing bothered him?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Exactly. Although there have been a couple Missing 411 cases that were similar, as far as a young child going missing and then be found and otherwise ok in an environment that really you wouldn't presume that. Thanks for the link.
I do like this subject matter cause it does make you think, at least for me anyways, I'm always questioning everything.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

He looks like he is in good spirits and healthy for been missing for that lengthy of days? i had been hearing stories how there is something weird in the deep forests.

Good to see he survived or whoever saved him!

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Katatonik

Can you recommend any good sources / references to other cases?

I've only ever watched the Mr Ballen episodes on Youtube regarding this topic. It's on my list of interesting mysteries to investigate.

Playlist:

Mr Ballen - 411 Playlist
edit on 6/6/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

My main source is I have all the books and read them. I've also watched both of the documentaries Paulides put out on the subject. I'm a fan of Mr. Ballen and like hearing how he retells the Missing 411 stories. I thought he did a good job with the boy that went missing and the "robot" grandma, that was a case where the child made it back. Another youtube channel that I listen to is Missing Persons Mysteries and they feature Missing 411 cases from time to time, I also follow Paulides YT as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

This should interest you there are some if not most National Park Rangers that afraid of deep woods or going further.
Why Are National Park Rangers Afraid of The Deep Woods?

From number of strange creatures had been reported over the years.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Thanks, i'll check them out. I'm one of those weirdos who like scary stories before bed in the dark.
edit on 6/6/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I do believe our leaders and politicians had not been honest about our forests and only the natives might know something about the strangest of the forests.

Native elders had always had stories how one of their own young adult when went camping had heard strange noises in the forest.

In the Balkans, Serbs had a mystical god where he is a horned god that lives in the deep forest.
edit on 6-6-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join