It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkeypox ‘Developing Worldwide’ Among Gay and Bisexual Men

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   
CDC Concerned About Pace of Monkeypox ‘Developing Worldwide’ Among Gay and Bisexual Men is the full title of the article.

Back in my Airline working days the person who was in charge of hiring flight attendants was gay; so he hired as many many gays as he could. Lay overs were a fun time for many of them until AIDS hit this particular segment of the flight attendants. It was horrible to watch them suffer and die not to mention those who were AC/Dc infecting women partners they had a one night relationship with. Now it would appear Monkey pox is infecting the same group of people.

May 24, 2022 Updated: May 24, 2022
biggersmaller Print

U.S. health officials are concerned about the pace monkeypox is “developing worldwide” and said they will launch an awareness effort targeting gay and bisexual men and their health care providers ahead of Pride Month starting next week.

This comes as 200 Massachusetts health care workers are being monitored as contacts of the man who was the first confirmed U.S. monkeypox case.

There are four additional suspected monkeypox cases, officials said at a briefing on Monday afternoon. One case is in New York, one in Florida, and two in Utah. CDC officials would not “delve further into” where those cases had traveled abroad, citing patient confidentiality.

So far, almost all monkeypox cases linked to the new global outbreak share the characteristics of men who have sex with men who have recently traveled overseas.

Some cases in Europe have been linked to “group events” such as a gay pride festival in Gran Canaria, Spain, attended by 80,000 people, and a fetish event in Antwerp, Belgium, Daily Mail reported.

The CDC’s top medical epidemiologist in the division of HIV and AIDS prevention, Dr. John Brooks, said the agency would know more about “any potential links between the cases being diagnosed in this country and any of these other events” in Europe.

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

And they then spread it to the promiscuous heterosexual community, always the same vectors it's down to dirty living by those that can't keep it in there pant's.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I know it’s very immature of me to say this
But when I read “men who have sex with men” I laughed.

It’s the 14 year old in me taking over the 39 yr old body.

As for the actual topic though, it’s Tragic. Simply tragic.

Men should be able to have sex with as any men as they want, and not have to worry about them damn Monkey Pox.
I’ll see myself out now.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Happy Pride!

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Since you never know who's doing what with whom these days, I guess the 'safe' thing to do would be......a vaccine to 'protect' everybody!

Remember the 'Scared Straight' and 'Just Say No' campaigns? They might be coming back for all the unclean anti-vaxers.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I know a lot of straight people swiping let or right these days. It will spread among the promiscuous population. Sex with strangers requires close contact, which is how Monkey Pox is spread. A virus spread by close contact doesn't care if you are gay or straight.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
CDC Concerned About Pace of Monkeypox ‘Developing Worldwide’ Among Gay and Bisexual Men is the full title of the article.

Back in my Airline working days the person who was in charge of hiring flight attendants was gay; so he hired as many many gays as he could. Lay overs were a fun time for many of them until AIDS hit this particular segment of the flight attendants. It was horrible to watch them suffer and die not to mention those who were AC/Dc infecting women partners they had a one night relationship with. Now it would appear Monkey pox is infecting the same group of people.

May 24, 2022 Updated: May 24, 2022
biggersmaller Print

U.S. health officials are concerned about the pace monkeypox is “developing worldwide” and said they will launch an awareness effort targeting gay and bisexual men and their health care providers ahead of Pride Month starting next week.

This comes as 200 Massachusetts health care workers are being monitored as contacts of the man who was the first confirmed U.S. monkeypox case.

There are four additional suspected monkeypox cases, officials said at a briefing on Monday afternoon. One case is in New York, one in Florida, and two in Utah. CDC officials would not “delve further into” where those cases had traveled abroad, citing patient confidentiality.

So far, almost all monkeypox cases linked to the new global outbreak share the characteristics of men who have sex with men who have recently traveled overseas.

Some cases in Europe have been linked to “group events” such as a gay pride festival in Gran Canaria, Spain, attended by 80,000 people, and a fetish event in Antwerp, Belgium, Daily Mail reported.

The CDC’s top medical epidemiologist in the division of HIV and AIDS prevention, Dr. John Brooks, said the agency would know more about “any potential links between the cases being diagnosed in this country and any of these other events” in Europe.

www.theepochtimes.com...

777Sky you be be #ed up person.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There is also a worry about something else that has been detected, they are saying it is not monkey pox but has some similar symptoms and is affecting kid's.
www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Backagain

I know a lot of straight people swiping let or right these days. It will spread among the promiscuous population. Sex with strangers requires close contact, which is how Monkey Pox is spread. A virus spread by close contact doesn't care if you are gay or straight.

Facts are that Monkey Pox is spreading across the gay community, according to medical reports, because that group is far far more promiscuous than any other.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz
Out of 190 cases in Europe 111 were gay men. 89 were straight. I am not saying gay men are not more promiscuous. I know for a fact, my straight friends are too though, including women. They also hook up, by swiping left or right. Yes more gay men have monkey pox, but like I said promiscuous people will spread it. Gay or straight.

news.sky.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Out of 190 cases in Europe 111 were gay men. 89 were straight. I am not saying gay men are not more promiscuous. I know for a fact, my straight friends are too though, including women. They also hook up, by swiping left or right. Yes more gay men have monkey pox, but like I said promiscuous people will spread it. Gay or straight.

news.sky.com...

"Sexual debut occurred earlier among MSM(gay - Men sex Men) than heterosexuals. MSM reported longer cumulative lifetime periods of new partner acquisition than heterosexuals, and a more gradual decline in new partnership formation with age. Among MSM, 86% of 18–24 year olds and 72% of 35–39 year olds formed a new partnership during the prior year, compared to 56% of heterosexual men and 34% of women at ages 18–24, and 21% and 10%, respectively, at ages 35–39. MSM were also more likely to choose partners >5 years older and were 2–3 times as likely as heterosexuals to report recent concurrent partnerships. "

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Something that we have to keep in mind here, a lot of people just participated in a vaccine trial. I know some people jump off the deep end and scream "everyone is going to get AIDS"! I'm not saying that, but if we start seeing these rare diseases start popping up and spreading like we've never seen before, it's fair to consider they may be related.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

news.sky.com...

"Sexual debut occurred earlier among MSM(gay - Men sex Men) than heterosexuals. MSM reported longer cumulative lifetime periods of new partner acquisition than heterosexuals, and a more gradual decline in new partnership formation with age. Among MSM, 86% of 18–24 year olds and 72% of 35–39 year olds formed a new partnership during the prior year, compared to 56% of heterosexual men and 34% of women at ages 18–24, and 21% and 10%, respectively, at ages 35–39. MSM were also more likely to choose partners >5 years older and were 2–3 times as likely as heterosexuals to report recent concurrent partnerships. "

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Yet, out of 190 initial cases 89 were straight! WTAF, is this 1987 all over again? Monkey Pox is spread by CLOSE CONTACT. Yet you want to make it a "gay" plague! Homophobic much? Blaming gay people, when it is spread through "close contact"? Let's see where this goes in the future. You clearly have an agenda. Read my posts. I never said gay men were not promiscuous. I said I know lots of straight people are too!

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Not concerned, not in the slightest!

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

news.sky.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Yet, out of 190 initial cases 89 were straight! WTAF, is this 1987 all over again? Monkey Pox is spread by CLOSE CONTACT. Yet you want to make it a "gay" plague! Homophobic much? Blaming gay people, when it is spread through "close contact"? Let's see where this goes in the future. You clearly have an agenda. Read my posts. I never said gay men were not promiscuous. I said I know lots of straight people are too!

Agenda ?

Scientific FACT !
As a percentage of the population gays are overepresented.

Don't get all prissy when FACTS don't suit YOUR agenda...

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Don't get "prissy" because you are PUSHING an agenda!
Out of 190 case's in Europe 89 are straight! Stop pushing your agenda! Also very homophobic. Got something to share with us?
edit on 3-6-2022 by Backagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   
8 billion people live in this world and we're worried about 190 people who can't keep it in their pants long enough to find out if the other guy is disease free?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

To be totally fair, especially considering monkeypox is not contagious in the incubation period, it's pretty gross that this is being spread. It's probably a good idea to not have sex with someone that has sores on their body, just saying.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
8 billion people live in this world and we're worried about 190 people who can't keep it in their pants long enough to find out if the other guy is disease free?

You are correct! Some people want to blame this strictly on gay men! When out of 190 cases in Europe 89 were straight men. Men in general are pigs. Not just Gay men! If a man sees someone he wants, he goes for it!
edit on 3-6-2022 by Backagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   
When people monkey around like that, they can get monkey pox.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join