It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I may have a ghost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
ON occasion, my husband and I smell a gardenia or glad plug in like scent late at night near our bed. THe smell comes in waves and sometimes hits us so strong that my husband´s alergies react. The scent comes and goes severak times during the nights when it appears. Sometimes only one of us smells it and then the next wave will hit us both.
It happened last night again. I have no gardenias and no plug ins anywhere in the house. The ac wasnt on nor were any fans. I dont have any perfume that smells like it. Theres nothing outside that could be seeping in. This happens a couple times every other month, which is weird because if there were a physical source, I´d think that the smell would be more consistant.

We are perplexed. The only thing that we can think of that explains this phenomenan is supernatural.

We´re like "what the heck?"

anyone have any idea what the hell this could be?

anyone ever heard of a "smell haunting"

BTW, we dont do drugs, so were not hallucinating

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
WOW, ATS not very active this am? Everyone else must have a life! Maybe I should get one...lol
I think I will as soon as I get answers to my creepy experience....

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I've never experienced anything of that sort myself, but I was wondering if maybe there is a natural explanation for this? Maybe you've left the bathroom door open and soap smell leaked out? Or maybe windows were open?

As for the supernatural angling, I would suggest searching Google for any information about ghostly smells or something, cause it sounds pretty strange. If it were me I'd be freaked out. :p

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply!
We have searched every possible expalination we can think of and NOTHING seems to fit. The smell is a very distinct smell that I cant place as anything other than Gardenia flowers.

I do know that this house was built and owned by a nice old man named Mr Brady. He put a lot of love into this home. I´ve always felt safe and protected here. Mr Brady loved this house and his flowers. He had all kinds of flowers here. I´ve removed several of the pain -in-the-ass azalias that he had here, but there are camelias and a variety of others around.
Mr Brady died here at this house when he fell down the steps to the backyard and injured his head. I´ve heard from the neighbors that life flight landed in the backyard, but he was pronouced DOA.

Perhaps its Mr Brady visiting his old home.

Although, another weird thing is, that this has only been happening for about 6 months, just about the time my husband moved in with me. I´ve been here for seven years and never had anything weird occur, although,I have felt a presence here from time to time.

know of any good websites where I can readf more about this phenomenon?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Not really, but I found this by searching Google:

Spirits: Feel a cool breeze when no windows are open? Smell a sweet smell or a smell like that of roses or oranges? You most likely have a spirit. Notice I only mentioned things you can feel and smell? Spirits don't have the energy it takes to appear. So you have to rely on your other senses to identify them.

This can mean that it's a spirit you're dealing with, and no ghost.

From here.

I also found this;

On and off for the past two years, I have noticed a smell in the hallway and in my back bedrooms (mostly in the hallway and in my room). I could never figure out what the smell was because you could walk through the smell about face height, turn right back around and the smell would be gone or walk to my bedroom and the smell would be in there. I would really notice it when I would mess around in a closet in the hallway after 6pm. After about 20 minutes of getting things out (it's where my decorations are), the smell would fill the hallway.

from here

These two site came from typing +ghost+smell in the searchfield at google, so it's definitely worth a try. Maybe you can find something else relating to your situation? Keep us posted if there are new developments, okay?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thank you very much. I'll google it! Sounds very familiar! Ghost/spirit, is there a difference? at least it seems to be a good one.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Although, another weird thing is, that this has only been happening for about 6 months, just about the time my husband moved in with me. I´ve been here for seven years and never had anything weird occur, although,I have felt a presence here from time to time.

I suspect this is somehow related to your husband moving in. Given that his allergies reacted to it, I assume it's not something he brought in with him, since he would hardly keep something that caused him an allergic reaction. Try to think of anything you may have done around that time (maybe home renovations) where you might have used something smelly. Maybe there is a crack in the wall somewhere and outside wind blows it in; that would explain why the smell isn't consistently there. I'd look for more physical explanations before reaching for the supernatural on this one.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Maybe the former owner is curious about your husband, that's the only think I can think or regarding this smell starting only when he moved in.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Perhaps its a smell seeping in from another dimension?

A few questions relating to a rational question later:
1. Is your house old or built upon a grave site or near any old things of significance?

2. Is there an old family bible in your house?

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Enigmatic_Messiah]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've had a relatively large amount of experiences with ghosts. Without actually being there, I would have to say that you do have a ghost present. The good thing is, if the smell is sweet it's most likely harmless (as are most if not all ghosts). I mean that it wishes no harm. I would just advise that if you are at all afraid of ghosts, don't try to communicate with it. Acknowledging it's presence will make it stronger.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Using Occam's Razor, the simplest answer is that your husband is using an old swami trick of some perfume in a little wax ball in his hand. He probably does not like it there, and is trying to get you to move to a new house.

Just kidding.

However,
you could Purchase this ghost detector to try and find out if you really have a ghost or not.

Just kidding again.

However,
velouria3 is probably right that if it smells good dont worry to much about it. Lenina is also probably right. It is just curious about your hubby.

However,
It's probably just a crack in the wall/window. No worries.

top topics

join