It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New band that caught my attention... (Wet Leg)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

I'm a musician and a music enthusiast who generally enjoys most music. Finding new bands is always a bit of a task, and most of the time, I wont stay interested too long.

However, this new band from the Isle of Wight feels fresh and genuine. It's a bit of a poppy, indie, psychedelic vibe and I gotta say I dig it, I especially like the variations between songs... The production of the music, as well as the style just get me going. Certainly a cute little band.

This is their single and most popular song:

These are some others that are pretty great.

If you got something to smoke, smoke it, if ya got something to drink, drink it! I'd listen to the whole album!

Enjoy!
edit on 28-5-2022 by AnnihilateThis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnnihilateThis
Hey ATS,

I'm a musician and a music enthusiast who generally enjoys most music. Finding new bands is always a bit of a task, and most of the time, I wont stay interested too long.

However, this new band from the Isle of Wight feels fresh and genuine. It's a bit of a poppy, indie, psychedelic vibe and I gotta say I dig it, I especially like the variations between songs... The production of the music, as well as the style just get me going. Certainly a cute little band.

This is their single and most popular song:

These are some others that are pretty great.

If you got something to smoke, smoke it, if ya got something to drink, drink it! I'd listen to the whole album!

Enjoy!

So yeah, I didn't like this song when I 1st heard it, Radio 1 were just playing it for a bit of a joke, the audience loved it so they kept playing it. Now I turn it up and sing along when I hear it, and even see other people in traffic singing along too lol.

Thanks, will have a listen to what else they've got 👍🏼

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
They are going on tour if you want to try and catch them live.

I have a ticket to see them in the US later this year.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Nice group but I can think of better names for a band. When I first saw it I thought somebody did something they hadn't outta...

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AnnihilateThis

Oh yeah I heard that for the first time sometime last year. Love em.

Same here. It's really hard to find new things to like when you listen to quite literally everything regardless of culture, language, genre, and whatever else defines music.

You're stuck either waiting for a favorite artist to release some new material, a new artist to release something, or an artist that you don't quite like, but has a good one every now and then.

When I had social media I would follow artists that I liked, and then go through their followers to find more bands, and a lot of times they'd hit you up and ask if you'd be willing to give them a follow and check out their stuff.

I liked that, because it's really cool being able to have normal conversations with them, and watch them grow and progress and get better and all that.

There are quite a few artists who I've been in touch with when they were still struggling to get off the ground, and now they have many many more fans and tour around the world.

Hell, I have friends here locally who any time they release a new song and I think it's good I'll share the song with my contacts around the world, and they'll come back to me like "Bro, I've got people on the other side of the world listening to my stuff!" and it makes me happy seeing them getting excited about it.

top topics

join