It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait...was the Popes 'death' a worldwide April Fools joke by the Vatican?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
What? Is that a rabbit with a pancake on its head? This must be some suggestion that the pope will be reincarnated as a rabbit with a pancake on its head! This is obscene! You people are sick! Or are you trying to suggest that the pope will be reincanated as just a rabbit or merely the pancake?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonofSpy
Tempe Ill eat my hat and gladly be humbled...lets wait and see...

Sure. Seeing that i'm quoting Father Wingate and i'm not relying on my chrystal ball this time..why not put the blame on the father?

Its a possibility
Its a possibility
Its a possibility

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonofSpy
What? Is that a rabbit with a pancake on its head? This must be some suggestion that the pope will be reincarnated as a rabbit with a pancake on its head! This is obscene! You people are sick! Or are you trying to suggest that the pope will be reincanated as just a rabbit or merely the pancake?

I think you need to stop clenching to your religious banters for once and develop a humor. The world does not constantly operate on antiquated catholic fundamentals. If this is your belief (which I'm inclined to believe) then go for it. But trying to shun others because our lives don't operate on mundane theological beliefs is...in short, not even close to right.

Conspiracy theories seem to be imaginary until it comes close to the truth.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am really having to hold back on my comments with this whole pope thing. You guys are really testing my abilty for tolerance. Im christian but not catholic and the whole idea of their being a pope is just so utterly ridiculous to me that the fact that things started getting crazy at the vatican on 4/01/05 had a real irony to it for me.

I doubt it is a joke though..they are too busy still trying to cover up...(sighs) ok im gonna hold back. I dont like it when ppl bash my relgious beliefs so im just gonna leave it at that.
Im trying guys ...its hard im a 19 year old girl and you dont understand how hard it is for us to keep our mouths shut sometimes
(no sexual conotation intended by that last part by the way. Just Got a U2U from someone taking that the wrong way.)

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You guys are really testing my abilty for tolerance. Im christian but not catholic and the whole idea of their being a pope is just so utterly ridiculous

Then bite back and control your tolerance.

RCism is the biggest christian tradition. It has the most members, its showing no signs of stopping its growth, and merely because it has an organized heirarchy hardly makes it 'ridiculous'. Its also ridiciulous for anyone who supports a story about a god who peters out after three days on a cross, jumps back to life, and has babbling pentecostal apostles jibbering around while urging people to eat flesh and blood to call a sub-section of that religion 'ridiculous'.

Every religion is, inherently ridiculous, from Mithras grabing a bull by its nostrils to gangesh puttinga dead elephants head on his decapitated body to people getting dunked in water to remove sins from a billion years ago.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
well as the pope is supost to run to canada, i will be watching for him.

i have no idea how i missed this thread earlyer.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
First of all...im not penecostal...im protestant.

Second of all...I was talking about THE IDEA OF THE POPE...not the whole entire aspect of catholisism.

Third of all...other than stating i thought the pope thing is ridiculous my point about trying to exercise tolerance of peoples feelings is a POSTIVE THING...and yet all you see is that im christian which in your opinion it seems im not allowed to disagree with anyone elses interpretations of christianity. Well im sorry i look at things and disagree with them sometimes. Which apparently from your oh so kind post you do to.

I didnt use my posts to bash or convert athiests or agnostics, or evolutionsists, so dont bash me.

DID YOU NOT READ THE PART IN MY POST WHERE I SAID "I dont like it when people bash my religious beliefs so im not going to go on and go deeper into why i disagree with catholisism"

So ummm where is your problem? I was honest about my feelings and used restraint and tolerance because there are people on here that practice catholisism some of whom i respect. And i got U2U's from them thanking me for exercising tolerance.

So i ask again what the heck did you go off on me for?

Its people like you that make it really hard for me to keep my mouth shut sometimes and be kind. But again im gonna end it here so i dont say anything that causes a problem.

Oh and by the way...he wasnt on the cross for three days. He rose in three days.

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join