It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Prince Albert Elevated To Regent In Principality of Monaco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Prince Albert, the 47 year old confirmed bachelor son of Prince Rainier and hollywood beauty Grace Kelly was this week elevated to the reins of power in the tiny Europeon Principality of Monaco as his father lies gravely ill and is not expected to recover. The change in rulership occured after the royal council decreed that Prince Rainier was unable to continue his royal duties after he was placed on a respirator suffering heart and kidney problems.

www.timesonline.co.uk

A crown commission decided that the monarch was unable to exercise his royal functions and Prince Albert, 47, was asked to become temporary ruler of the province.

He is the only son of Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly, the actress who died in a car crash in 1982. He will become head of state when his father dies.

Prince Albert is set to accede to the throne without fulfilling his father’s public request that he should provide an heir before doing so: he is childless and unmarried.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It has long been a power struggle in Monaco over the regency and rulership as Prince Albert has no children and is not expected to marry at any time in the near future. Princess Caroline, his sister and Mother Of Prince Andrea, who is the heir to Prince Albert until he has a male child has long petitioned for her cause to be named regent in her brothers place. The principality has a strict code about the succession of male heirs to the throne.

Related News Links:
www.canada.com
www.guardian.co.uk
news.yahoo.com

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have tried to think of something constructive to say to this article for hours... but I can't so I will say this:

Prince Albert hehe it must suck to share a name with a piercing like that

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
No, the secret to a witty reply here is to use "Prince Albert in a can" somewhere in the post.

new topics

join