It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the is this is it real ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The things that humans do (sigh)

Poor creature, thats just damn right sad

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sakrateri
www.facebook.com...

Nice work can't believe the internet lol Multi sites with West Virginia and that doesn't look like a normal Brown Hyena the ears .
edit on 11-5-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
It is supposed to be a giant short faced hyena.

(Still having trouble posting pics)

I had to search to upload here's the working upload It gave me a trust warning but I clicked advance and proceed

ATS Upload

Why did you upload it to my account ?
Was that sarcasm ?

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarone
The things that humans do (sigh)

Poor creature, thats just damn right sad

May just have put it out of it's misery .

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Historically speaking , its a

"shunka warakin"

The Shunka Warakin (also shunka warak'in) is an American beast from cryptozoology and mythology that is said to resemble a wolf, a hyena or both.

In the language of the American Indian Ioway people, as discovered and collected by Loren Coleman, shunka warak'in means "carries off dogs."

edit on 5112022 by MetalThunder because: carpe F'N diem

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It's one of those hell hounds the AIMS team was after .

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That’s why Bigfeet and Aliens don’t show themselves, they’ll get shot dead.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sakrateri
www.facebook.com...

Good find. Thanks. It was definitely hyena, but I figured it must have been an escape. Even better it is just taken in Africa so no explanation needed.

FYI, for anyone speculating, Hyenas are unrelated to canines and in no way could ever hybridize other than possibly between hyena species.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daboxfan
100% looks like a brown hyena... look it up...Did he really shoot this behind his house in West VA?

That looks like it alright!
"The global population of brown hyena is estimated by IUCN at a number between 4,000 and 10,000 and its conservation status is marked as near threatened in the IUCN Red List."

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Hyena .

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Dead hyena. Lots of wasted tears over the thought of some mythical creature being killed, with zero actual thought actual put into their sympathy.

This thing could have shredded a child yet you all mourn the beast. Sign of the times I guess.

edit on 11-5-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   

edit on 5-11-2022 by vance because: Already identified

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Look's real to me but it would require genetic analysis to see what it really is, how many hikers go missing in those US national park's every year?.

www.theatlantic.com...

Interesting and even if it's just a mock up it's a really great looking one, something just says to my brain though that it is real but I am not zoologist so really am no one to venture an opinion here.

At a guess either the Hyaenodon was NOT extinct OR some mad scientist somewhere has managed to recreate it perhaps through genetic engineering which given all the nut job rewilders out there is not that far fetched.

My guess it's a real Hyaenodon and that may also explain why so many Hikers disappear in the us as well as the wolf man and the sasquatch.

Remember the mock ups in the video are based on Bones as nothing else survived or did it? (but the animal looks pretty close to the mock up).

Sneak attack's, stalks prey from hiding, is big fast and deadly.

To my mind this guy is lucky he did not become just another disappeared person and got the jump on this animal if it is a Hyaenodon (north American Hyaena supposedly extinct for a very long time but just perhaps not?).

edit on 11-5-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Dead hyena. Lots of wasted tears over the thought of some mythical creature being killed, with zero actual thought actual put into their sympathy.

This thing could have shredded a child yet you all mourn the beast. Sign of the times I guess.

Absolutely correct, in fact if it is a North American hyaenodon then I have no doubt they may have been snacking on people all along and that could explain why so many vanish in the US national park's and forests and in Canada as well (any shot were probably misidentified as wolves.

One of my favourite Cryptid images is this old thing that I don't know if it was ever disproved or not but it remains cool and also scary?.
Civil war soldiers standing on something that should not be there.
0.55 mark on.

edit on 11-5-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   
To me it's head looks like a lion not anything like a hyena [
edit on 11-5-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Strange noises during the watches of the night some that would make the toenails curl like a banshee missing the corner of a roof... but lost in electronics or sleep it's easy for such things to go unnoticed.

I know it's a real head slapper to say Asia has dragons... kinda like isn't that what they are famous for?
Dracovolans
edit on 11-5-2022 by Crowfoot because: fix link

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Looks like a hyena and an aardwolf had a baby, and someone injected it with growth hormones.

hyena and aardwolf pics (google)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It clearly resembles a hyena but my question is where did it come from? Was it someone's exotic pet let loose? Could a hyena survive in WV? Aren't they from Africa? Is this a one off creature or could there be breeding pairs? So many questions and not enough answers. Hopefully he has it genetically tested and we get some answers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join