It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin challenges us to compare him to OUR own -snipped- leaders

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Meeting with President of Kyrgyz Republic Sadyr Japarov

September 15, 2022 11:00 Samarkand

President of Russia Vladimir Putin:

Mr Japarov,

I am happy to see you and to be able to discuss topics of mutual interest, of which there are many. Our countries are close; we are strategic partners and allies working together in many international regional organisations.

Russia remains the leading trade and economic partner of the Kyrgyz Republic. We had a notable boost in trade last year. Trade continues to grow this year as well, at a rather high pace. Last year, it grew by 46.6 percent and this year, by 30 percent over the first five months, which is a good result.

Russia continues to provide economic support to Kyrgyzstan. Last year, we offered $20 million in financial aid. This year, $1.5 million was allocated for the restoration of the social infrastructure damaged during certain tragic events in regional border areas. We will continue to do this, taking into account the most recent tragic events as well. We will discuss this matter today.

We are ready to provide technical assistance in emergency relief efforts and natural disaster response. In July, the Government signed a resolution to supply firefighting equipment and helicopters, with around 1.3 billion rubles allocated for this purpose from the Russian budget.

Russia is the largest energy supplier to Kyrgyzstan. At your request, energy is supplied at a concessional rate and free of duty.

Seventy Russian regions are involved in region-to-region cooperation. A conference was held in Yekaterinburg in June.

We are developing humanitarian and cultural links. There are nine Russian-language secondary schools in the Kyrgyz Republic. Teachers from Russia work in Kyrgyz schools, which is very important in our opinion. We want to thank you for supporting the Russian language in Kyrgyzstan. This support of the Russian language is a foundation for developing our relations in many other areas.

Last year, Bishkek successfully hosted the Days of Russian Culture, a conference on spiritual heritage, and a young leaders’ forum. As I have said, all these projects are starting blocks creating conditions for the progress of our relations in the future.

I am very happy to see you and to be able to speak with you on the sidelines of the SCO summit.
en.kremlin.ru...

Meeting with President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov

September 15, 2022 11:45 Samarkand

Our countries’ governments, ministries and agencies are working towards implementing the agreements reached during your visit to Moscow on June 10, when 14 intergovernmental and interagency documents in various spheres were signed. All of this is very important for the development of our ties, above all the economy, of course. We will promote our relations to a new level. This is stipulated by the Declaration on the Promotion of Strategic Partnership that we signed.

As is known, Russia is a leading trade and economic partner of Turkmenistan, and we intend to increase our share. Unfortunately, over the pandemic year and now, the trade has slightly decreased. Let us just say that this is a topic for discussion and future adjustment, but we simply have to state this in order to understand what else needs to be done in order to even out the situation and develop it further.

On our side, the intergovernmental commission is chaired by Alexei Overchuk, who reports regularly on how the work is progressing, including in high-level working groups. I hope, I am even certain, that the situation will change for the better.

Of course, energy plays a special role in our economic ties. Our leading energy company, Gazprom, has been productively working in Turkmenistan for many years. We have also discussed this issue with you. In general, as far as I understand, the situation suits Turkmenistan; all agreements are being implemented. Tatneft, another Russian energy company, has joined the process. The pipe metallurgical company supplies a significant amount of the products you need for the expansion of pipeline transportation.

In total, there are 190 enterprises with Russian participation operating in Turkmenistan, and I would like to thank you for the Turkmen authorities’ creation of all the necessary conditions for this work.

We aim to diversify our economic ties through other spheres of cooperation, such as agriculture and the textile industry. We are ready to expand the supply of non-primary products to the market of Turkmenistan.

Sixty Russian regions are actively cooperating with Turkmenistan in various areas, and agreements have been signed, with many of them in the trade, economic, scientific, technical and cultural spheres.
en.kremlin.ru...

Meeting with President of Iran Seyyed Ebrahim Raisi

September 15, 2022 12:30 Samarkand

Mr President,

I am happy to meet with you once again.

Relations between Russia and Iran are developing in all areas that have taken shape over many years.

Just as you and I had agreed, we have done everything possible to make Iran a full-fledged member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation. Our SCO partners supported your application. Following the last formality, and indeed this is a formality, Iran will join this serious, large and influential international organisation. We are very happy to see this.

Bilateral cooperation, including high-tech cooperation, also continues to develop. As you know, the Khayyam remote sensing satellite, developed by Russian enterprises as per your request, lifted off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome on August 9.

We are finalising a new major Russian-Iranian treaty that will elevate our relations to the level of strategic partnership.

In 2021, mutual trade grew by 81 percent, and increased by an additional 30 percent in the first five months of 2022. Members of the inter-governmental commission are working actively. Next week, a large Russian business delegation involving about 80 Russian companies will travel to Iran.

Members of the first such business mission visited Iran in May 2022, and I would like to say that many delegation members later shared their impressions with me. They were very happy with what they saw at Iranian enterprises, in the context of high-tech development. To be honest, we did not expect this. Consequently, we and I personally would like to congratulate you on this.

Inter-regional ties continue to develop. We cooperate actively on the international scene, and we have close or coinciding views (as diplomats say) on many issues.

I recall how Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Supreme Leader of Iran, warmly received us in Tehran not so long ago. Many projects are making headway thanks to his support. I would like to ask you to convey my best wishes to him.
en.kremlin.ru...

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

Is putin begging iran for more drones?

Or the stans for more troops?

Or is he just trying to distract brainwashed russians from his disastrous invasion of Ukraine?

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Billy no mates.

Even Xi thinks he's a liability.
edit on 15-9-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Meeting with Prime Minister of Pakistan Shehbaz Sharif

September 15, 2022 13:10 Samarkand

Mr Prime Minister,

I am delighted to meet you. I have a warm recollection of my working meetings with your brother [Nawaz Sharif], with whom we met on the sidelines of SCO meetings in Kazakhstan and in Bashkiria, Russia.

I would like to note that we see Pakistan as a priority partner in Southeast Asia and Asia as a whole. Relations between our countries are developing absolutely positively, and we are pleased about that.

I would like to begin our meeting by expressing condolences over the loss of life from natural disasters, the unprecedented flooding in Pakistan. For our part, we are willing to help your people. We have dispatched the necessary humanitarian aid there, and we are ready to help you organise assistance to the flood victims.

As I have noted, our relations are developing very positively and in many spheres. Trade and economic ties are the first sphere worthy of note. Regrettably, our trade has subsided somewhat because of the pandemic, but the next meeting of the intergovernmental commission is scheduled to take place in Karachi this autumn. I hope that our colleagues on both sides will not only find ways to restore mutual trade but also to increase it.

There are things we need to work on, and we see good prospects in several spheres, such as railway transportation and energy. There are very interesting and large-scale projects, namely the Pakistan Stream gas pipeline project, which involves building the infrastructure needed for the delivery of LNG.

The objective is to deliver pipeline gas from Russia to Pakistan. This is possible as well, in view of the fact that some infrastructure is already in place in Russia, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. We need to settle the Afghan issue. There are problems with political stability there, but I hope this problem can be settled as well, because we have good relations with the people of Afghanistan. I also have in mind Pakistan’s ability to influence the situation there.

We can implement many other interesting projects. We will do everything in our power to continue working in a positive spirit.

Thank you.
en.kremlin.ru...

Meeting with PRC President Xi Jinping

September 15, 2022 14:20 Samarkand

The Russian-Chinese interstate interaction can be regarded as a model. The foreign policy tandem of Moscow and Beijing plays a key role in ensuring global and regional stability. Together, we support building a just, democratic and multipolar world order based on international rules and the central role of the United Nations, not on certain rules that someone has invented and is attempting to impose on others without even explaining what it is all about.

In general, I must say that the attempts to create a unipolar world have acquired in recent times an absolutely ugly configuration and they are absolutely unacceptable for the overwhelming majority of states on this planet.

We appreciate our Chinese friends’ balanced position in connection with the Ukraine crisis. We understand your questions and your concerns in this regard. During today’s meeting we will certainly explain in detail our position on this issue, although we have spoken about this before now.

For our part, we have firmly, in practice, abided by the One China principle. We condemn provocations staged by the United States and its satellites in the Strait of Taiwan. We discussed this with Speaker of Parliament, Chairman [of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress] Li Zhanshu in Vladivostok a short while ago.

Multifaceted ties between our countries are expanding. Last year, trade grew by 35 percent to over $140 billion. In the first seven months of this year, our trade increased by another 25 percent. I am convinced that by the end of the year we will reach new record high levels, and in the near term, as agreed, we will bring our annual trade to $200 billion or more.

Tomorrow, we will take part in a meeting of the SCO Heads of State Council. Notably, after a three-year hiatus caused by the pandemic, it will be held in person, which is particularly important at this point, since our goal is to ensure an all-round strengthening of the SCO as a platform for constructive and productive interaction.
en.kremlin.ru...

Meeting with PRC President Xi Jinping and President of Mongolia Ukhnaagiin Khurelsukh

September 15, 2022 15:40 Samarkand

Of course, the Russia-China-Mongolia format is of special importance as an effective supplement to bilateral cooperation that ensures high added value for all three countries.

This close trilateral cooperation is completely natural, considering the geographical proximity and long-standing traditions of friendship, mutual support, respect and sympathy in relations between the people of Russia, China and Mongolia.

Our countries share approaches to a majority of urgent international issues and we act from coordinated positions in the UN and regional organisations. Together, we have managed to achieve tangible results in developing cooperation in the economy, trade, industry, science, high technology, environmental protection, the cultural, humanitarian and many other spheres.

I would like to recall that at a trilateral summit in Ufa in 2015, we endorsed a roadmap to build up our cooperation across the board. Following this fundamental document, in 2016 we approved a programme for creating a Russia-Mongolia-China economic corridor. Today, we can note with satisfaction that all these agreements are being successfully implemented and are yielding us practical dividends.

Mutual trade is growing year by year. Compared to 2014, when we started the trilateral format, Russia’s aggregate trade with China and Mongolia increased by almost 60 percent to over $142 billion in 2021. This amount grew by another 30 percent in the first half of this year.

The consistent course pursued by our three countries on broader use of national currencies in commercial settlements undoubtedly contributes to trade growth. Today, President Xi and I stated with satisfaction that the share of settlements in national currencies in Russia's trade with China increased to 27.5 percent in the first quarter of this year.

In this context, it is important, wherever possible, to transition to national payment platforms, such as the Bank of Russia’s financial messaging system or China’s cross-border payment system, which will make settlements between our states largely immune to external risks, including political risks.
en.kremlin.ru...

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Strange, seems like russia is trying to pretend it's disastrous invasion of Ukraine never happened.

Do you know how long the lines are at the new ferris wheel?

What is the fee for a ride?

Can you give us the latest russian sports news in your next 'update'?

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

And glorious Russian tractor production numbers?

I miss those.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Meeting with President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev

September 15, 2022 16:45 Samarkand

Vladimir Putin and President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev met on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation summit in Samarkand.

Following the talks, both presidents signed a declaration on comprehensive strategic partnership between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Uzbekistan.

The President of Russia also awarded the Order of Alexander Nevsky to the President of Uzbekistan.
en.kremlin.ru...

Ceremony to present Order of Alexander Nevsky to President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev

September 15, 2022 17:30 Samarkand

Colleagues, friends,

It is my sincere pleasure to present this high state award of Russia, the Order of Alexander Nevsky, to President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev.

This order is awarded to foreign leaders for major contributions to promoting friendly ties with Russia. And you, Mr Mirziyoyev, deserve this prestigious Russian award more than anyone.

We have long known you as a strong believer in developing the closest possible relations with Russia on the basis of partnership and true friendship. It is largely thanks to your personal attention that bilateral relations are successfully developing in all areas: politics, economics, science and culture.

With your support, a lot of basic bilateral documents and agreements have been developed and adopted, such as the declaration on comprehensive strategic partnership that we have approved today. Of course, this essential document will bring bilateral relations to an entirely new level, which have always been based on the principles of equality and mutual trust, and do not depend on the current global political situation and external pressure.

More than once I was personally shown the cordiality and hospitality of the Uzbek people. And during this visit, I would like to once again thank you for the warm welcome extended to the Russian delegation.

There is an engraving on a building in the historical part of Samarkand, “There can be no peace except in harmony; there can be no friendship except in fidelity.” I am sure that relations between Russia and Uzbekistan, guided by these wise words, will continue to develop in the spirit of sincere friendship for peace and stability in the region, and the prosperity and well-being of our nations.

Mr Mirziyoyev, my friend,

I congratulate you on receiving the Order of Alexander Nevsky and wish you good health, further success, and all the best in your noble mission in the name of serving Uzbekistan and its people, as well as in the name of promoting friendship and harmony between Uzbekistan and Russia.
en.kremlin.ru...

Tree-planting ceremony with SCO summit delegation heads

September 15, 2022 18:15 Samarkand

The ceremony took place at the southern entrance of the Samarkand Congress Centre. The heads of delegations were assisted by servicemen of the guard of honour of the Republic of Uzbekistan.

Also taking part in the ceremony were President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, President of Kyrgyzstan Sadyr Japarov, Prime Minister of Pakistan Shehbaz Sharif, President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon and President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev as heads of delegations from SCO member states, as well as President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko, President of Iran Sayyid Ebrahim Raisi and President of Mongolia Ukhnaagiin Khürelsükh as heads of delegations from SCO observer states.

President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and President of Turkiye Recep Tayyip Erdogan participated in the event as guests of the presiding side.

Concluding the first day of the summit, the heads of state visited the Eternal City cultural and ethnographic complex at the Silk Road tourist centre.
en.kremlin.ru...

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 01:57 AM
link   

So putin didn't have anything to say about those Ukrainian nazis threatening russia today?

Has he forgotten that he started a war in Ukraine?

Do you think he'll say anything about all the mass graves russian troops left behind in Izyum?

www.pravda.com.ua...

Do they have nice ferris wheels in Uzbekistan?

edit on 16-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Meeting of the SCO Heads of State Council

September 16, 2022 13:05 Samarkand

Mr President, colleagues,

I fully share the statements made by my colleagues and their positive assessments of the work of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation and its growing prestige in international affairs. Indeed, the SCO has become the largest regional organisation in the world. As previous speakers have pointed out, over half of the world’s population lives in SCO member states, which account for about 25 percent of global GDP and have a powerful intellectual and technological potential and a considerable part of global natural resources.

At the same time, the SCO is not marking time but continues to develop and build up its role in addressing international and regional issues and maintaining peace, security and stability throughout the vast Eurasian space. Colleagues, this is especially important in the current complicated international situation, about which we have talked in detail during our restricted-attendance meeting.

However, I would like to repeat that global politics and economy are about to undergo fundamental and irreversible changes. The growing role of new centres of power is coming into sharp focus, and interaction among these new centres is not based on some rules, which are being forced on them by external forces and which nobody has seen, but on the universally recognised principles of the rule of international law and the UN Charter, namely, equal and indivisible security and respect for each other’s sovereignty, national values and interests.

It is on these principles, which are devoid of all elements of egoism, that the joint efforts of SCO member states are based in politics and the economy. This opens up broad prospects for continued mutually beneficial cooperation in politics, the economy, culture, humanitarian and other spheres.

Fighting terrorism and extremism, drug trafficking, organised crime and illegal armed formations remains a priority of our cooperation. Other key areas include providing assistance in the political and diplomatic settlement of conflicts along our external borders, including in Afghanistan.

Strengthening economic cooperation has traditionally been a critical part of the SCO's activities. Our joint efforts are designed to expand trade and investment exchanges, carry out mutually beneficial business projects in various industries, and to increase the volume of settlements in national currencies.

As noted above, including by the President of Kazakhstan, we are open to working with the whole world. The SCO is a non-bloc association. We help addressing the energy and food problems that are growing globally as a result of certain systemic errors in the world's leading economies in the field of finance and energy. Our policy is not selfish. We hope that other participants in economic cooperation will build their policies on the same principles and stop using the tools of protectionism, illegal sanctions and economic selfishness to their own advantage.

The European Commission’s decision to lift sanctions on Russian fertilisers is a vivid example of such selfish behaviour. We are aware of the fertilisers’ important role in overcoming the food problem. Of course, we welcome the decision to lift the sanctions. But it turns out that, in accordance with the clarification of the European Commission of September 10, these sanctions were lifted only for EU countries. It turns out that they are the only ones who can purchase our fertilisers. What about the developing poorest countries around the world?

Taking advantage of the presence of UN Under-Secretary-General [Rosemary] DiCarlo, I would like to ask the UN Secretariat – I discussed this matter with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres the day before yesterday – to use its influence on the European Commission’s decision not in word, but in deed and to demand that they, our colleagues from the European Commission, lift these clearly discriminatory restrictions on developing countries and provide access for Russian fertilisers to their markets.

Also, the day before yesterday I apprised Secretary-General Guterres of the fact that 300,000 tonnes of Russian fertilisers are stocked at the EU seaports. We are ready to make them available to developing countries for free.

I would also like to note that Russia is increasing its grain exports to international markets. This year, it is going to be 30 million tonnes, and next year it will be 50 million tonnes with 90 percent of our food exports going to the markets of Asia, Africa and Latin America.

Undoubtedly, the ongoing summit’s decisions and documents to improve the efficiency of international transport corridors, to expand intraregional, to advance industrial and scientific and technical cooperation, and to introduce high-tech solutions in agriculture and healthcare will promote further development of business ties within the SCO.

It is also important to advance cultural and humanitarian cooperation within the SCO.

Agreements and memorandums on cooperation in tourism and museology that will be signed during today's meeting will serve as the next step forward on this path.

It appears that opportunities are good for stepping up sports cooperation and potentially holding major sporting events with SCO sponsorship. To do this, we could think about creating an association of sports organisations under our association.
en.kremlin.ru...

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Just another lying authoritarian.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Did any russians try to blow up putin's limo again yesterday?

Thanks for the russian 'sports news', that's always important information whenever your country is brutally invading a non threatening neighbor.

Did putin happen to say whether russia was going to stop cheating through drug use in international athletic competitions?

Does china have bigger ferris wheels than russia?

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No mention of glorious increase in tractor production figures?

Or appalling War crimes?

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Not feeling the Love for Putin's War from Xi:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Meeting with Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi

September 16, 2022 16:25 Samarkand

Mr Prime Minister, my friend. To my Indian friends, I would like to welcome you all once again.

Mr Prime Minister,

First of all, I want to start our meeting by personally congratulating you and the entire friendly nation of India on the holiday you celebrated last month: I mean the 75th anniversary of independence of the Republic of India. I wish India all the best.

I also know that tomorrow is your birthday, my dear friend. According to Russian tradition, you are not supposed to wish anyone an early happy birthday, therefore I can’t do it, but I would like you to know that we remembered, we know about it and wish you all the best anyway, to you as well as to the people of India; we wish prosperity to the friendly country of India that you lead.

Bilateral relations can be characterised as a privileged strategic partnership, and they continue to develop actively. We are actively cooperating on international platforms and discussing all global developments, including unfavourable ones at times.

I know your position on the conflict in Ukraine and the concerns that you constantly express. We will do our best to make it stop as soon as possible. However, unfortunately, the opposing side, the leadership of Ukraine, announced that it was abandoning the negotiation process and declared that it wants to achieve its goals by military means, “on the battlefield,” as they say. Nevertheless, we will always keep you informed of what is happening there.

We are actively working at the SCO, and today’s summit of the SCO heads of state, which I believe was very successful, is the best proof of it. It is important that we constantly coordinate our positions despite coronavirus-related restrictions: we had telephone conversations four times, and our staff are always in touch.

I would like to thank you for your video greetings for the participants of the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok.

I fondly recall my own visit to New Delhi last December and my fruitful talks with you. I would like to use this occasion to invite you to visit Russia.

Clearly, constructive relations are developing in the economic sphere. Trade is growing, including due to additional deliveries of Russian fertilisers to the Indian market, as you asked. The volume of fertilisers delivered from Russia to India increased by more than eight times – not by some percentage, but by more than eight times. I hope that this will help Indian farmers to manage the difficult challenge of providing food for the country’s population.

Large joint projects in the oil and gas sector and in the nuclear power industry are being consistently implemented. For Russians, the rich history and ancient culture of India are traditionally of great interest, and in this regard, we propose intensifying the talks on an agreement on visa-free tourist travel. We could also think about holding cross years of Russia and India in 2024.

Thank you.

Prime Minister of the Republic of India Narendra Modi (retranslated):

Your Excellency, I am very glad to have an opportunity to meet with you again today. We had a chance to talk when we saw each other last time in December, during your visit to New Delhi, where we discussed a wide range of issues. And, as you said, since then we have had several telephone conversations.

Besides bilateral cooperation between Russia and India, we also discussed various global issues. We are meeting again today. Indeed, food security, energy security, and the availability of fertilisers are a major concern, especially for developing countries. Without a doubt, we need to find a solution to all these issues, and in particular, we both need to plan initiatives to this end. These issues have already been discussed today.

Your Excellency, I want to express my gratitude to both Russia and Ukraine, because when the crisis began, at first thousands of Indian students were trapped in Ukraine, but thanks to the support we received from both Russia and Ukraine, we were able to ensure the safe return of Indian students. I am grateful to both countries.

I know that now is not an age of wars. We have spoken about this many times, in particular in our telephone conversations. Democracy, diplomacy, and dialogue are important tools for us to find solutions. It is necessary to achieve peace in the future, and I am sure that we can discuss this. I welcome the opportunity to better understand your point of view.

Relations between Russia and India have significantly improved. We believe they are extremely important. We are friends, and for decades we have always stood shoulder to shoulder. The whole world is aware of the nature of Russian-Indian relations, and the world also knows the deep friendship, in particular the personal friendly ties that bind us. We first met in 2001 when I was in state government in India, and our friendship has only grown stronger ever since. In the interests of the well-being of this region, our peoples and citizens, we are once again making efforts today, in particular within the framework of the SCO summit. Thank you for the support you have shown India.

Bilateral relations, which we will also discuss today, mean that our relations will only improve and strengthen in the future, which is also useful for the whole world.

Let me once again thank you for finding time for this meeting.
en.kremlin.ru...

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Meeting with President of Turkiye Recep Tayyip Erdogan

September 16, 2022 17:30 Samarkand

Mr President, colleagues,

I am very pleased about this new meeting – after our telephone calls, after our in-person discussion in Sochi at the beginning of August, the situation is developing quite quickly at the bilateral level as well as at the multilateral level. I would like to note, of course, that a lot of work has been done to harmonise our relations in many areas.

First of all, I would like to thank you once again for the contribution you are continuing to make to the implementation of the food programme – you also mentioned it today – I mean the export of Ukrainian grain. Let’s hope that a significant portion of it – so far this has not been achieved – will still go to the UN food programme for the poorest countries.

For our part, we are also making a significant volume of sales. I would also like to inform you that our economic operators have received a corresponding signal that they can export our products through Turkiye, bearing in mind that Turkiye is a reliable partner and can ensure reliable supplies through its territory to all countries, including in Asia, Latin America, and Africa, because that is basically where we sell.

Trade between Turkiye and Russia is growing, growing steadily. Turkiye has become one of the most reliable supply routes for our energy resources, including gas, not only for its own needs, but for the countries of the European Union as well.

The Akkuyu nuclear power plant project is on schedule and running smoothly. I know – as you and I discussed recently – there were certain issues related to the organisation of the process itself, the construction and so on. As far as I know, all these issues have also been resolved, and yesterday we signed the final documents settling all the issues between the parties to this major, magnificent construction project. I would very much like the first unit to be launched on time, as we agreed with you, in 2023, which is the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Turkiye.

We have close coordination on key international issues, including within organisations of mutual interest. I am very glad to see you at the meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation member states. Turkiye is a country of this region, and I think it is absolutely natural that Turkiye is interested in the work of our organisation.

I am certainly aware of your policies aimed at achieving the best possible results for the Turkish economy. Of course, we could not ignore the fact that Turkiye has very good, agreeable and rapidly growing economic ties with the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation’s member states. We will welcome Turkiye's work in this entity in every possible way.

We are ready to substantially increase our supplies to the Republic of Turkiye in all areas of interest to you. And as you know, our agreement on the supply of Russian natural gas to Turkiye, paying for 25 percent in Russian rubles, is about to take effect. As far as I understand, the issues are settled, so I am confident that we will proceed in accordance with our agreements.

Thank you very much.
en.kremlin.ru...

Meeting with President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev

September 16, 2022 18:15 Samarkand

Mr Aliyev, I am very happy to see you – here on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation’s summit.

We have already talked to each other many times throughout the day, exchanging views on the organisation’s work, bilateral relations and developments in the region.

As for bilateral relations, they are developing very successfully; it should be noted, of course: both trade and investment are growing, cooperation continues through various ministries, departments and the parliaments.

But, surely, today we are all very concerned about the aggravation of the situation on the Armenia-Azerbaijan border. We have talked about this with you. Last night I talked – you know about this, I informed you – with Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan. It is good that this escalation was finally stopped through a coordinated effort, but, as far as I understand, the situation still remains tense.

I am glad to have the opportunity to meet with you and talk about all these issues, because they are all important.

President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev:

Thank you, Mr Putin, I am very pleased with our latest meeting.

Less than three months have passed since our last meeting, but we have also remained in constant contact during this period, by telephone. We also see very positive dynamics in our bilateral relations. After the signing of the Declaration on Allied Cooperation, important documents were also signed in various sectors, and in general, as you noted, we see an increase in cargo transport both in trade and in the transport sector. Also, we now intend to fully use the potential of our transit capabilities. So the results are evident, and I am sure that we will finish this year with good results in all areas.

I would also like to thank you for your prompt response to the aggravation and escalation at the Armenia-Azerbaijan border. The clashes lasted less than eight hours, and the fact that they stopped – although the Armenian side did not immediately conform to the ceasefire, in general the ceasefire has been observed for about two days – indicates that neither Armenia nor Azerbaijan had any intentions of large-scale escalation. Border conflicts happen, unfortunately. They are associated with many casualties on both sides. But the main thing is that we managed to stabilise the situation and move back to a peaceful course.

According to the information that I am receiving from the field, as I said, the situation has been stable for about two days. Now the main thing is to avoid ruining the beginning of the process of normalisation in relations, to move in this direction. We welcome Russia's efforts to this end, including within the tripartite commission at the level of deputy prime ministers from Russia, Azerbaijan and Armenia, for transport connections, as part of the delimitation process, as well as plans to start talks on a peace agreement. But, of course, we will discuss this in detail.

I want to say again that Azerbaijan is committed to the tripartite documents that were signed between Russia, Azerbaijan and Armenia after the second Karabakh war, and we will do our best to ensure that the situation in the Caucasus is stable.

Vladimir Putin:

Thank you very much.
en.kremlin.ru...

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Erm, you've posted a lot of stories from a meeting of corrupt authoritarian mass murderers. Thanks, I guess?

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Erm, you've posted a lot of stories from a meeting of corrupt authoritarian mass murderers. Thanks, I guess?

With all the pictures of Putin in one thread, think what must be covering turretless‘s bedroom walls….

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatItIs

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

With all the pictures of Putin in one thread, think what must be covering turretless‘s bedroom walls….

Well, Putler is Stronk is the vibe I get from turretless. I'd like to point out the irony of his name, because thousands of Russia's tanks are also turretless. Burned out too.
What I get from the videos and the speeches is that of a desperate man who is frantically trying to pretend that all is going according to the plan (although I suspect that they're now on plan 'P') and who is lying to his allies - who all of a sudden have realised that his promises are worthless.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 03:07 AM
link   
News conference following visit to Uzbekistan

September 16, 2022 19:00 Samarkand

Question:

This question is certainly worrying very many people in our country. People have already developed certain concerns over the course of the special military operation in Ukraine. We are increasingly seeing strikes, raids and acts of terror even on Russian territory. We are hearing all the time very aggressive statements that the final goal of Kiev and the West is Russia’s disintegration. Meanwhile, many think that Russia’s response to all of this is very restrained. Why is that?

Vladimir Putin:

There is nothing new about this. Frankly, I find it even a bit strange to hear your question because Western countries have cultivated the idea of the collapse of the Soviet Union and historical Russia and Russia as such, its nucleus.

I have already cited these statements and studies by some figures in Great Britain during World War I and after it. I cited excerpts from Mr Brzezinski’s writings in which he divided the entire territory of our country into specific parts. True, later he changed his position a bit in the belief that it was better to keep Russia in opposition to China and use it as a tool to combat China. It will never happen. Let them address their own challenges as they see fit. But we are seeing how they are handling them and, most likely, they are doing harm to themselves in the process. Their tools are no good.

But they have always been seeking the dissolution of our country – this is very true. It is unfortunate that at some point they decided to use Ukraine for these purposes. In effect – I am answering your question now and the conclusion suggests itself – we launched our special military operation to prevent events from taking this turn. This is what some US-led Western countries have always been seeking – to create an anti-Russia enclave and rock the boat, threaten Russia from this direction. In essence, our main goal is to prevent such developments.

With regard to our restrained response, I would not say it was restrained, even though, after all, a special military operation is not just another warning, but a military operation. In the course of this, we are seeing attempts to perpetrate terrorist attacks and damage our civilian infrastructure.

Indeed, we were quite restrained in our response, but that will not last forever. Recently, Russian Armed Forces delivered a couple of sensitive blows to that area. Let’s call them warning shots. If the situation continues like that, our response will be more impactful

Terrorist attacks are a serious matter. In fact, it is about using terrorist methods. We see this in the killing of officials in the liberated territories, we even see attempts at perpetrating terrorist attacks in the Russian Federation, including – I am not sure if this was made public – attempts to carry out terrorist attacks near our nuclear facilities, nuclear power plants in the Russian Federation. I am not even talking about the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant.

We are monitoring the situation and will do our best to prevent a negative scenario from unfolding. We will respond if they fail to realise that these approaches are unacceptable. They are, in fact, no different than terrorist attacks.
en.kremlin.ru...

Telephone conversation with President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   

"Western countries have cultivated the idea of the collapse of the Soviet Union and historical Russia and Russia as such, its nucleus."

Can you name a single Western country that was 'cultivating the collapse of russia' before russia invaded Ukraine in 2014?

Or even now after a larger and more brutal invasion of Ukraine in 2022?

Or even one Western country that is even hoping for a russian collapse or breakup?

(Ukraine doesn't count, you are currently fighting a war with Ukraine)

edit on 18-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join