It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for info.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Is there anyone here that has any infomation on how to charge Photons. I just completed a laser saber. And to make it be able to do what I want it to do I need to know how to be able to send a current into light to give it a electrical charge. I would apperacate any info any of you have.

Thanks.
Falcon

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't believe it is possible without an intense gravity source that focuses and aligns the photons.

[Edited on 31-8-2002 by R. Daneel Olivaw]

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The closest thing I have come to is. I have thought about using a ELF machine to find a wavelenth frequecy to make a electrical charge along the photons. That is the only thing that I have come up with.

So far I am not even sure if there is a frequency signature that will be able to do it. I have been looking for some time to be able to find the right frequecy.

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Question.... How did you stop the photon's from just going straight up without stopping? Is this lightsaber have a fixed hight? Also, if you DID stop the photon's at a certain hight, why not lase them instead of charging them?

No matter which way you do it, it still won't work like you see on star war's :p

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The way that I had designed this was so that. If you take a standard prism and pass light threw it you get all of the different colors or frequencys of light. You will basicly a up sidedown Cone shaped prism. the light is passed threw the top insted of the side or the bottem. The way this works is if you pass the light threw the what would be the top you will have light eventuly crisscross and coverge on one point the only problem that I have right now is I screwed up a little bit on the optics. If that doesnt make sence I will try to explain it a little better. The prism must be in the shape of a pyrmid but not cut. I has to look and have the shape of basicly a ice cream cone pass the light threw the top to the thickest side and you should not have any problems. If it is done incorrectly you will get a hour glass shape after about 1 1/2 feet and the light will go back to being thick rather than converging on one point.

One other thing it will take a very large laser with a very large output to be able to see it day light the. I currenty have the blade comming out to about 1 foot or so. I have a problem with the optics and need to do some tweaking.

Peace: The only other thing that I thought might work is g-strain amplifer of some sort. It might be possible to send some kind of a current that way. More expirementing will show somthing.

Falcon

posted on Sep, 1 2002 @ 12:11 AM
link   
By 'the blade' I am assuming you mean you can see the light on a surface for that distance.

A few quick questions, what is your goal with this project? Do you have any background experience in optics of energy science? and have you tried using a more parabolic shape to focus the beam?

posted on Sep, 1 2002 @ 10:25 AM
link   
can you post a pic?

posted on Sep, 3 2002 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The only goal that I have for this project first was to see if it was at all possible to get a beam of light to come to one focal point. And to see if It was possible to get a beam of light to come out with out making a hourglass shape come out the end after you get the beam to come to one point. Besides that the only other goal that I have is to find someone that has a way to charge photons if that is possible then surely some way that can be incorperated so that the beam could be electricaly charged. If it could be taken that far, It is possible the blade might melt some kind of fabric material I am not sure it could be taken as far as seen in the movies.

No I dont have any expirence in the energy optics science. This was just a small project to start off with. When this works right you get a laser circle quiet big.

So far I dont know of anyway to take the escaping photons and refocus them along the first focal point. There is the possiblity that they could be masked out by another light sorce of some sort. I havent gotten that far yet. The consept so far seems very simple.

I could post a pic but I dont have a computer I am using a public access. I could send a copy of a pic or video to simon if he wants to take the time to put it online. That is up to simon.

Falcon

posted on Sep, 3 2002 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I would be willing to put it up online... Heck...I'll even design a website devoted to it for you
Sound's like a prommising project... maybe in 5 year's more time we can see a true to life light saber

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well the blade would always be invisible unless you put it through dust or something to reflect/refract the photons, and show where the blade is. Or of course unless you looked into the light source end on.

What light source are you using btw?

Incidentally, have you done any basic physics units or anything similar?

Focusing light as you seem to describe it was achieved many hundreds of years ago. Hence telescopes/magnifying glasses/torches/headlights/etc.

Try to find a book about simple optical physics and start at the basics, with convex/concave lenses/mirrors and such. Start with the basics.

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ok james you will need to send me a home address So I can mail you a copy of the tape. Here is the e-mail.

[email protected]

It may take me a while to find it. Hotmail seem to send about 100 to 150 in mail I dont need a day.

The light sorce is just a simple snap on piece off a clip on laser that would normaly be on a 45 longslide. Remove the outer clip and you have a nice starting piece to work with. Of chorse the laser is not powerful enough to make a visable laser come out of the end with out some kind of dust you are right on that or gas.

Falcon

[Edited on 4-9-2002 by falcon]

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 07:26 PM
link   
A more powerfull laser would be needed inorder for the light-saber to be used as a weapon though... Here's a quick thought, not sure if it will work though :p Why not try and take in air from the bottom of the saber and ionize it inside then shoot an ion stream out through the top (nozzle). Use magnetic field's to shape the ion stream to focus on a single point in space without doing the hourglass effect you described. Charge the ion stream enough to produce a pretty damned powerful plasma field and you should be able to inflict some nice damage with it
Of course....this is just a quick idea. I don't know much about this stuff, but it sound's nice

I'll send my address soon, so be on the look out

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I had concided that, But I belive that It would require drilling into the glass prism. I only have one right now and I dont want to take the chance of spliting in half. Other than that I belive that I have found a way to Make the laser retract from the blade.

I am thinking about using somthing like this link here.

www.amazon.com...

Of chorse the metal will not be able to have holes in it I have to have one specialy made and not to mention the light beam comming out will open the light from a small thickness to a wider thickness.

With time and some more thinking on the subject I am sure It will come together.

Falcon

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is the kind of stuff america should be spending its tax dollars on, not stupid wars.. well maybe a few...

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 08:31 PM
link   
the first step to generating laser light is to excite electrons to a higher orbtilal. when they collapse back to thier normal energy level, they emit a photon. the photons wavelength corresponds to the differences in energy between the two orbitals, which would always be the same if you choose the right gas.

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 03:57 AM
link   
lmfao ... ok, i'm a laser physicist. i'm working on theoretical aspects of quantum dot lasers at the moment, so i have a certain level of knowledge in the field of photonics.

to the very best of my knowledge it is impossible to electrically charge photons. an electric current is made from electrons (or holes, i suppose, but lets just consider electrons) not photons. photons have no charge: they are simply unit quanta of energy. nothing more. as such, i believe its impossible to pass a current through them. sorry.

however, the ionising idea by JamesG might work, but that's an entirely different kettle of fish. i would also warn you about experimenting with plasma fields: not only do they present a real danger to yourself (your house, etc) but they will slaughter your electricity bill.

for note on optics i recommend the base-standard text book:
"Optics", Eugene Hecht, Addison Wesley; ISBN: 0805385665
its a good all-round book, covering most aspects of optics.

- qo.

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thank all of you for your imput. I might try the Ion Idea. As far a the charging of photons even thought there is no evidence that photons have a electrical charge yet. Some where at the Sub atomic level there has to be some kind of wave length frequency that will resenate with a UELF or A Ultra Extremly low frequency. I am not sure yet how to construct a osolater that will be able to resenate this feild to make a electrical current up the beam. So far this is the current idea that has been come up with that might work. I will attempt to try the Ion Idea that sounds like the one that will most likely work.

Thanks People
Falcon

[Edited on 19-9-2002 by falcon]

top topics

join