It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain Seizes 12 Suspects in March 11 Probe (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
After the tragic bombing of four commercial passenger trains in Madrid, which killed 191 people last March, police arrested more suspected terrorists. 12 suspects have been arrested friday morning, all of which have been linked to Islamic militancy. In total, 90 terrorists have been caught so far in relation to this terrorist attack.

today.reuters.com
Four of those arrested were connected to Youssef Belhadj, a suspected spokesman for al Qaeda who claimed responsibility for the Madrid train bombings and who was extradited to Spain from Belgium on Friday, the ministry said.

The other detainees were connected to Serhane ben Abdelmajid Farkhet, known as "The Tunisian," a suspected ringleader of the March 11 attacks.

"The Tunisian" was among seven suspects who blew themselves up in a suburban Madrid apartment on April 3 rather than face arrest.

In Friday's operation police seized six Moroccans, three Syrians, an Egyptian, a Palestinian and an Algerian in raids which started before dawn in Madrid and its suburbs.

Friday's swoop brings to about 90 the total number of arrests since the attacks on four commuter trains. Most of them are of North African origin and 45 remain in jail or under court supervision.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am just shocked at how many people actually took part in this operation. I am glad police are still rounding up suspects to get these people of the streets. I certainly hope these people are sentenced to a long time in jail.

I grieve for the people who lost their love ones in this tragedy, and i am glad this will at least give them some sense of hope. Showing the victims that soemthing is being done is a great accomplishment. I cant thank enough the people who are out there rounding up these terrorists.

join