It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Annual Migration of Sheep in Eagle Idaho

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Sheep herders from the Basque country of France and Spain migrated to Eagle, Idaho before it became a state in 1890. They have taken their flock to pastures in the Treasure Valley every year since, and as society grew accommodations were made to allow their safe crossing.
Highway 55 is blocked off until the herd of approximately 2,500 sheep and lambs have crossed. It draws a huge crowd every year, and while I've never been able to attend 'the crossing' in person, I look forward to the new videos each year.
The Basque community in Idaho is large- over 10,000 members, and every five years they hold a festival in Boise, Idaho. What fun it would be to attend!
Here's a video of the running of the sheep; I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
[youtu.be...]
edit on 500000088America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: punc

edit on 500000099America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

A lot more civilized than the running of the bulls in Pamplona!

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here ya go

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingDepth

Thank you!!

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Wait a second! I know its Friday...but sheep and dbl posts?? Its too early yet....

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Wait a second! I know its Friday...but sheep and dbl posts?? Its too early yet....

I messed up the first one, and deleted it - or so I thought- then made a new thread when - I thought- I had figured it all out on how to embed a video.
There's a reason I don't make threads often.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Ohhh I thought you meant a bunch of Liberals were Migrating in 'Eagle Idaho" , my mistake

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Kinda like me. I like to read and run...sometimes tripping because one foots in my mouth!

Still! The sheep! I had to laugh.

Twice.!

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

LMAO! Too funny!
Ohhh I thought you meant a bunch of Liberals were Migrating in 'Eagle Idaho" , my mistake

They invaded southern Idaho awhile back- that's why the rest of the state hates that Oregon wants new boundaries so the southeast portion can join Idaho. SE Oregon is pretty conservative right now, but with the southern portion of Idaho electing liberal politicians I shudder to think what will happen.

Californians are migrating to Idaho to get away from their crazy state and have more freedom, but they miss all the freebees, so they vote Dem. Now they're taking over the panhandle. Such is life; at least the sheep are still free to come and go with everyone's blessings....for now.
edit on 50000001111America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Mmm Souvlaki!

Thanks for sharing, I love stuff like this

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

A lot more civilized than the running of the bulls in Pamplona!

Right!

Those bulls are bloody savages!

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Ummm…why not just build an overpass so that the highway passes over the crossing flockers…?

YouSir

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm…why not just build an overpass so that the highway passes over the crossing flockers…?

YouSir

Because not only do the little 'flockers' (LMAO) enjoy parading and strutting their stuff in front of an audience, it's a much-loved tradition that attracts tourists- and their money- from far and wide!
Idaho rednecks don't mind a couple of hours of inconvenience for a free show, and there are other routes with easy access for those who do.

new topics

top topics

join